• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tantalizingly Delicious Spiced Pumpkin Cake

In summary, the recipe calls for a box of pumpkin spice instant pudding mix, milk, eggs, and oil. The batter is mixed well before being poured into a greased and floured pan. The cake is baked for 45-55 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. The finished cake is sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
chefann
Gold Member
I just HAD to share this recipe. I got it from my fantastic Exec, Sue Burkhardt (hi, Sue!). I've been meaning to make it for a couple of weeks, called in sick <cough, cough> today, and just made this. I had a piece for breakfast. :)
Spiced Pumpkin Cake
1 (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz) box Pumpkin Spice instant pudding mix
1 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup oilHeat oven to 350F. In large bowl. combine all ingredients. Beat well with an electric mixer for several minutes to combine and aerate. Pour into greased and floured fluted pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes, then turn out. Combine powdered sugar with a little cinnamon (or Cinnamon Plus) and sprinkle on top.​
The piece I had was plain, and was fabulous. But it would be really good with a little caramel sauce on top, or a scoop of cinnamon or caramel ice cream. And I imagine that other combinations of cake mix and pudding flavors would be just as good (strawberry cake and cheesecake pudding, chocolate cake and chocolate pudding, yellow cake and butterscotch pudding, etc.).Enjoy!

where do you find the pumpkin spice pudding mix?
Teresa

It's a seasonal item made by Jello brand. My ED has seen it at Meijer and Kroger, so most major grocery chains should have it. And maybe you could ask the store manager to order you some if they don't. :)

This is delicious! :) I have a friend that made them into cupcakes... delish!

This sounds great...Do you think we could do it in the rice cooker?

Cupcakes!!!! Silicone Muffin Pan???? Sounds like a plan to me.:)

I ran out and bought the jello pudding after I saw you post about it on another thread and have been waiting to use it. I am going to make this cake this weekend. Thanks!!

Man, it doesn't look like we get that jello pudding flavour in Canada. :(

You could add a little pumpkin pie spice and some sugar (little bit) to vanilla pudding I suppose for the flavor effect...

Or try it with another flavor combination.

What ingredients are needed to make Tantalizingly Delicious Spiced Pumpkin Cake?

To make this delicious cake, you will need:

• 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt

Can this cake be made gluten-free?

Yes, this recipe can easily be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend instead of regular flour.

How long does it take to bake Tantalizingly Delicious Spiced Pumpkin Cake?

The cake will need to bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can check if it is done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake - if it comes out clean, the cake is ready.

Is it necessary to use pumpkin puree or can pumpkin pie filling be used instead?

You will need to use pumpkin puree in this recipe, as pumpkin pie filling already has added sugar and spices. Using pumpkin puree allows you to control the amount of sugar and spices in the cake.

Can this cake be made ahead of time?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Just make sure to let it thaw before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies