• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried the Amazing 'The Works' Baked Potato Salad Recipe Yet?

In summary, the conversation is about a highly recommended Baked Potato Salad recipe called "The Works." The ingredients include baking potatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, red onion, celery, salt, black pepper, green onions, and cheddar cheese. The steps involve baking the potatoes in the oven, preparing the sour cream mixture, chopping the potatoes and combining them with the mixture, and refrigerating for a few hours. Some suggestions are to use a new Masher tool and to cook the potatoes in the microwave for quicker prep time. Overall, the recipe has received positive reviews, but one person found it dry and suggested adding more sour cream and mayonnaise.
rennea
Gold Member
OMG if you haven't tried "The Works" Baked Potato Salad recipe you must!!

Ingredients:
6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Thinly sliced green onions with tops (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Spray potatoes with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prick potatoes with Hold 'N Slice™. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender.

2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise in small Colander Bowl. Chop bacon, red onion and celery using Food Chopper; add to sour cream mixture. Stir in salt and black pepper; cover with Small Lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Remove potatoes from oven; cool completely. Coarsely chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large Colander Bowl; fold in sour cream mixture. Cover with large Lid. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with sliced green onions and cheddar cheese, if desired.

Yummo:)

Last edited:
Sounds good Rennae. I think this is the one on the video that came in my supply order they show making with the new Masher thing. It looked so good!

My director made it once for an event at her house and I didn't think it was that good. Kinda dry. YMMV.

rennea said:
OMG if you haven't tried "The Works" Baked Potato Salad recipe you must!!

Ingredients:
6 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Thinly sliced green onions with tops (optional)
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Scrub potatoes thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Spray potatoes with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prick potatoes with Hold 'N Slice™. Bake 50-60 minutes or until tender.

2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise in small Colander Bowl. Chop bacon, red onion and celery using Food Chopper; add to sour cream mixture. Stir in salt and black pepper; cover with Small Lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Remove potatoes from oven; cool completely. Coarsely chop potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large Colander Bowl; fold in sour cream mixture. Cover with large Lid. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight. Garnish with sliced green onions and cheddar cheese, if desired.

Yummo:)

You know what I think would quicken this recipe, is put the potatoes in the new Deep Covered Baker in the microwave, I bet those spuds would cook up real fast....

DebbieJ said:
My director made it once for an event at her house and I didn't think it was that good. Kinda dry. YMMV.

I bet she didn't add enough sour cream or may.

Ginger428 said:
You know what I think would quicken this recipe, is put the potatoes in the new Deep Covered Baker in the microwave, I bet those spuds would cook up real fast....

I have put them in the microwave it really speeds up the prep time.

rennea said:
I have put them in the microwave it really speeds up the prep time.

WELL...NOW I've gotta try this......;)

1. How do I make a basic salad dressing for my Yummy Salad?

To make a simple dressing for your Yummy Salad, mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined and drizzle over your salad.

2. Can I use any type of greens for my Yummy Salad?

Yes, you can use any type of greens for your Yummy Salad. Some popular options include romaine, spinach, arugula, and mixed greens. You can also mix and match different types of greens for added flavor and texture.

3. What are some good protein options to add to my Yummy Salad?

There are many protein options that pair well with Yummy Salad. Some popular choices include grilled chicken, shrimp, hard-boiled eggs, and chickpeas. You can also add in some nuts or seeds for a plant-based protein option.

4. Can I make Yummy Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Yummy Salad ahead of time. However, it is best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the greens from becoming soggy. You can also prepare the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad right before serving.

5. What are some good toppings to add to my Yummy Salad?

There are endless possibilities for toppings on Yummy Salad. Some popular options include sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta or goat cheese, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries. Get creative and add your favorite toppings to make your Yummy Salad even more delicious!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies