• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexico Cheese Crisps w/Avocado: A Big Hit at Saturday's Show!

In a small bowl, combine cheese and 1/2 lime juice. Set aside.3 In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Southwestern Seasoning Mix, and the remaining lime juice. Set aside.4 Cut tomato in half crosswise; remove seeds. Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Cut avocados into 1/2-in (12-mm) cubes.5 Spread cheese mixture over one half of the dough round. Spoon tomato mixture over cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro, red onion, salt, and pepper.6 Roll up jelly-roll style; place on prepared baking sheet.7 Bake at 375°F (190°C) for
emiscookin
So I did a lunch show on Saturday, which turned out to be more successful than I thought ;) woo hoo!, but for a while I couldn't think of what dish to prepare. You know how we were sent the new Season's Best cookbook along with the Fall/Winter catalogs? Well, I looked through there to see if I could find anything to make. Remember, I'm still feeling a little nauseated now and then from being preggo and I didn't want to do a huge demonstration.

While looking through the cookbook I happened upon the Mexican Cheese Crisps With Avocado. Oh my gosh it sounded so yummy (probably because I was craving guacamole at the time! :p) and decided "Hey! This looks easy enough. I'm gonna make it!" Looking back I probably should've done a meal since it was lunchtime, but...oh well.

These little things were a HIT at the show!! :thumbup: Oh...my...gosh... they are YUM YUM YUMMY!!!! :D Everyone LOVED them and asked for the recipe. Yes, I made copies of the recipe and gave it to them and also mentioned it would be in our new SB Cookbook in September. I don't know if I was allowed to demonstrate that recipe yet, but if not...it's too late now!

Mmmmm!!! You guys HAVE to try these appetizers!! I want guacamole now... ;)

I signed up to make these for our cluster meeting next week - so I am glad to hear that they are good!

Any tips or hints on making these??

Last edited:
kam said:
I signed up to make these at our cluster meeting next week - so I am glad to hear that they are good!

Umm, the way they have you prepare it works really well. It says to bake the Cheese for 14-17 minutes until golden brown, do 17 minutes cause it didn't seem to be golden brown when I did it on 14.

Only thing I would change is instead of using the Mix N Masher to mix the ingredients in the avocado, use the Mix N Chop instead. That worked awesomely! :D I don't have the Mix N Masher so I had to use what I had and I was amazed at how well the Mix N Chop chopped up the avocado and mixed the ingredients in with it!

emiscookin said:
Umm, the way they have you prepare it works really well. It says to bake the Cheese for 14-17 minutes until golden brown, do 17 minutes cause it didn't seem to be golden brown when I did it on 14.

Only thing I would change is instead of using the Mix N Masher to mix the ingredients in the avocado, use the Mix N Chop instead. That worked awesomely! :D I don't have the Mix N Masher so I had to use what I had and I was amazed at how well the Mix N Chop chopped up the avocado and mixed the ingredients in with it!

Excellent - Thanks! :)

You are allowed to demonstrate any recipe that you deem fit. It doesn't matter what season it's in.Meanwhile, I'm DYING to make these at home but I'm not because I know I would eat the whole thing. And Evan hates avocado so he won't be any help.Anyone wanna come over and eat them with me? :)

leftymac said:
Anyone wanna come over and eat them with me? :)

Shoot! I would!! If I lived there. ;)

leftymac said:
You are allowed to demonstrate any recipe that you deem fit. It doesn't matter what season it's in.

Meanwhile, I'm DYING to make these at home but I'm not because I know I would eat the whole thing. And Evan hates avocado so he won't be any help.

Anyone wanna come over and eat them with me? :)

I'm dying to make them also, but DH HATES avocado :cry:

What's with them not liking avocado? What's not to like? It's super yummy! :D But then again, I don't like tomatoes or strawberries and most people love them so... ;)

I hate avocado! Never have liked it. It tastes funny and feels funny to me. But I love strawberries! But it sounds like a good recipe to do!

We don't have that recipe in Canada (at least I don't think so??) Can you share it with me??

RossDeb2 said:
We don't have that recipe in Canada (at least I don't think so??) Can you share it with me??

Here ya go! :)

MEXICAN CHEESE CRISPS WITH AVOCADO

Ingredients
½ 8-oz (250-g) block Colby & Monterey Jack or marble cheese blend
1-2 limes, divided
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonnaise
1 tsp (5 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 plum tomato
2 ripe medium avocados
1 cup (250 ml) loosely packed fresh cilantro
¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped red onion
1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2 ml) coarsely ground black pepper

1 Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line Large Round Stone with Handles with Parchment Paper. Cut cheese block crosswise into twelve ¼-in. (6-mm) slices with Santoku Knife. Cut each slice in half, creating two squares; arrange 2 in. (5 cm) apart on baking stone. Bake 14—17 minutes or until cheese appears lacy and golden brown. Remove baking stone from oven. Cool crisps 1 minute on baking stone. Remove crisps to Stackable Cooling Rack with Mini-Serving Spatula; cool completely.

2 Meanwhile, for topping, juice limes with Citrus Press to measure 11/2 tbsp (22 mL). Combine 1¼ tsp (7 mL) of the juice, cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasoning mix in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl; whisk until smooth with Stainless Mini Whisk. Spoon topping into small resealable plastic bag; secure bag and set aside.

3 Seed and dice tomato using Utility Knife; set aside. Peel and remove pits from avocados using Avocado Peeler. Coarsely chop cilantro and finely chop onion with Food Chopper. Add avocado, cilantro, onion, remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice, salt and black pepper to Stainless (2-qt.12-L) Mixing Bowl; mash until well blended using Mix ‘N Masher. Place scant Small Scoop of avocado mixture onto each crisp. Trim corner of bag filled with topping using Professional Shears; drizzle over avocado mixture. Garnish with diced tomato.
Yield: 24 appetizers

kam said:
I signed up to make these for our cluster meeting next week - so I am glad to hear that they are good!

I was just going to post that I signed up to bring them to our cluster meeting next month. They look so good. I am so glad that they are good.

Thank you for the recipe. It looks yummy.

What are the ingredients in the Mexico Cheese Crisps with Avocado?

The ingredients in our Mexico Cheese Crisps with Avocado include shredded Mexican cheese blend, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, and tortilla chips.

Are the Mexico Cheese Crisps with Avocado gluten-free?

Yes, our Mexico Cheese Crisps with Avocado are gluten-free. We use tortilla chips made from corn instead of wheat.

Can I make the Mexico Cheese Crisps with Avocado ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the cheese crisps ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. However, we recommend adding the avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro just before serving to ensure maximum freshness and flavor.

Can I substitute the Mexican cheese blend with another type of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the Mexican cheese blend with any type of shredded cheese that melts well, such as cheddar or pepper jack. However, the flavor may differ from the original recipe.

Can I use store-bought tortilla chips for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought tortilla chips for this recipe. However, we recommend using a high-quality brand for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefAggi
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jbachen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • esavvymom