• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experiencing Session Expiration on PWS Assistant?

In summary, the speaker is experiencing issues with their PWS Assistant, where they receive a "session expired" message and have to constantly log back in. They have tried refreshing the page and contacting tech support, but the issue persists. Others in the conversation also express frustration with the same problem. The speaker suspects it may be due to their company's IT department, but the issue also occurs at home. They suggest contacting HO for a solution.
NooraK
Gold Member
Anyone else having issues with this? EVERY single time I log into my PWS Assistant, I'll get a few pages in, and I'll get this message. I thought I remembered seeing somewhere to go back to CC and refresh the page, but even that doesn't seem to have long lasting effects anymore.

I'm at work, so calling Tech Support isn't something I can do right now. I was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

NooraK said:
Anyone else having issues with this? EVERY single time I log into my PWS Assistant, I'll get a few pages in, and I'll get this message. I thought I remembered seeing somewhere to go back to CC and refresh the page, but even that doesn't seem to have long lasting effects anymore.

I'm at work, so calling Tech Support isn't something I can do right now. I was curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

When I go to my PWS to add a show or anything else, when I try to go back to CC it won't let me, I get that message :grumpy:
Also If I go to Merrill & try to get back to CC it doesn't give me the option....

Same problem. I asked Tech Support at Leadership about and they said it is an intentional time out feature - security issue so others can't get into your site :yuck: I told him most of us are the only user since we are home and could they consider changing it but he didn't know if that would happen. Maybe we could all do continuous complaining and see if that changes things :)

cochef said:
I asked Tech Support at Leadership about and they said it is an intentional time out feature - security issue so others can't get into your site :yuck:

See, I could understand that, but 5 seconds is a bit ridiculous.

NooraK said:
See, I could understand that, but 5 seconds is a bit ridiculous.

5 seconds is CRAZY!!!

Since you said you are at work & trying to sign in, I'm going to assume that it has something to do with your company's IT department. Cookies bog down the computers & make them run slower, they probably have the cookies set to not remember stuff. So each time you venture off the main Consultant's Corner web page, the PC software kicks in & asks you to re-identify yourself. Your company's IT division would probably have to change the cookie settings for your computer to delete them each night when you log off the system vs. not saving cookies AT ALL in order to correct you encountering this problem at work. ;)

Sheila, I wish that was the case, but I'm getting the same problem at home. I just can't call Tech Support because I'm supposed to be working :D And the cookies on other sites (like here on CS) work fine and remember things even at work. It's just that darn PWS assistant. And if it was just keying in my ID and password again, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But it just says "session expired" and I have to go ALL the way back to CC and star ALL over again. I've gotten into a habit of writing my news articles out in word, and copying & pasting, just in case it decides to "expire" before I save.

I've never used Pampered Chef to send e-mails to my customers. I used my personal account & then switched over to iContact. So sorry, no suggestions for you. If it's happening at home and at work, maybe you could e-mail HO and let them know? Of course, for me ... inquiries like that go unanswered or it takes 3-6 months for them to respond (((insert eye roll here)))

NooraK said:
Sheila, I wish that was the case, but I'm getting the same problem at home. I just can't call Tech Support because I'm supposed to be working :D And the cookies on other sites (like here on CS) work fine and remember things even at work. It's just that darn PWS assistant. And if it was just keying in my ID and password again, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But it just says "session expired" and I have to go ALL the way back to CC and star ALL over again. I've gotten into a habit of writing my news articles out in word, and copying & pasting, just in case it decides to "expire" before I save.

That stinks!! They have to do something about that...

1. What does it mean when my session has expired?

When your session has expired, it means that the time limit for your Pampered Chef online shopping experience has ended. This is done for security reasons to protect your personal information.

2. How long does a session typically last?

A session typically lasts for 20 minutes of inactivity. If you are actively browsing and adding items to your cart, your session will not expire.

3. Can I extend my session?

Yes, you can extend your session by clicking on the "Extend Session" button that appears when your session is about to expire. This will give you an additional 20 minutes.

4. Will I lose my items in my cart if my session expires?

If your session expires while items are still in your cart, they will remain there when you log back in. However, if you have not yet checked out, the items may become unavailable if they were in limited quantities.

5. What should I do if my session expires while I am still shopping?

If your session expires while you are still shopping, simply log back in and your items will still be in your cart. If any items have become unavailable, you can add them to your wishlist and check back later to see if they become available again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pamperedbecky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • chefannie