• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Quotes for Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

In summary, a lot of people commented on the Pineapple Rum/RaspHab sauce thread and several mentioned that they like the sauce better than the orange sauce that's typically served in restaurants. This idea of putting together a flyer with quotes from the thread and including both the pineapple and raspberry habanero sauces is a great way to capture these comments and show them to your customers.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
I was so impressed by the recent thread on Pineapple Rum/RaspHab. Sauces that I wanted a way to capture the comments for a flyer.

The only problem is that a) I'm not sure about quoting content from this site (I wrote but haven't heard back yet) and b) I would like to give the individuals quoted a chance to respond / decline before I post it.

I also pulled from some older threads. Please let me know if you would prefer your first name/state not be used and I could use a pseudonym. I tried to keep it to just Pineapple sauce so I edited a tiny bit to make that clear. Also kept only unique comments (ie, not 4 comments about using cream cheese) - so hope no one is offended if I missed your quote.

Those quoted (thus far) are Sassy (OH), Rae (IN), Becky (MI), Beth (NC), Jewel (CO), Ann (MI), Nancy (OK), Cathy (PA), Chef Bobby (LA), Dayna (AL), and perhaps my favorite on there, Jaime's (MN) aunt's quote.
(Would also be glad to include you Canadians if you give me something and I can fit it in! - Not trying to be exclusive to USA...).

Attachments

• Draft_dont_distribute_PINEAPPLE_SAUCE_FLYER.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 797
Very cool!

Several of the comments refer to both the pineapple and the raspberry habanero sauces so you might want to include both in the flyer.

Wow - you are a wizard at creating a beautiful flyer!
I don't think you necessarily need to worry so much about using content from this site in putting together informational flyers for customers (especially since you're so generous in sharing your creative skills with us!!) We all share information freely, and often can't even remember where an idea came from in the first place. This is just my opinion :)But I do think putting first names and using more direct quotes is highly effective on this - it makes it look so personal and cheery!I would just take out any references to anything other than the Pineapple Sauce on this one (i.e. "I like the ginger wasabi sauce better") and re-word the quotations that refer to more than one sauce (i.e. change "I use them" to "I use it", and "They're both great on ice cream" to "It's great on ice cream").And don't worry about not having any Canadian quotations... your goal is just to get a nice variety of ideas on there, which you've done a superb job of! THANKS FOR SHARING THIS!!! What a fantastic and fun idea... If you have others like this in the future, I'm sure we'd all love to see them!

This is fantastic! Personally, just sharing the flyer with us would be enough for me! Like Lorraine said, we all share information for that very reason. :)

BethCooks4U said:
Very cool!

Several of the comments refer to both the pineapple and the raspberry habanero sauces so you might want to include both in the flyer.

That's what I thought, too.

Looks great!

Thanks, everyone, for your generous comments! I'll do some revisions ... AFTER, that is, I get ready for a show at my older sister's house late tomorrow afternoon. She's been 'family supportive' of this for me but not passionately gung ho .. UNTIL I made the Ultimate Fajitas and the Quesadilla Cups for her and my bro-in-law. She raved about them at work and within 24 hrs her co-workers convinced her to have a Show. Wish me luck! She's worked at this large hospital her whole career and knows almost everyone there, so hopefully the word will spread like a good infection.

(BTW, for Q-Cups, I substituted mango for nectarine, and it was wonderful. It helped to have perfectly sweet and ripe mangoes, though. I can rarely catch them like that).

And thanks, Lorraine, for weighing in for the Canadians. Per your final comment, I actually do have another flyer I'm doing for this show that lists the tools I'm doing on the left (not just the ones listed in the recipe) and then I print a half page version of the full page Quesadilla Cups on the right - like a booklet. I'll see how it flies and post if it seems to resonate with them.

Last edited:
Flyer -Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce QuotesHere's the edited flyer in Word.

Attachments

• SPICY-PINEAPPLE-RUM-SAUCE_FLYER.doc
    168 KB · Views: 624
Just discovered == Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is GREAT on egg rolls! .. Much better than the orange stuff they serve in restaurants...

This is such a cool idea!

1. What ingredients are in your Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

Our Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is made with pineapple, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, soy sauce, and dark rum.

2. Is your Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce gluten-free?

Yes, our Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is gluten-free. We use gluten-free soy sauce in the recipe.

3. How do you suggest using the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce?

Our Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is versatile and can be used as a glaze for meats, a dipping sauce for appetizers, or as a marinade. It adds a delicious sweet and spicy flavor to any dish.

4. Is the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce spicy?

Yes, the sauce does have a spicy kick to it from the red pepper flakes. However, you can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less red pepper flakes according to your preference.

5. How long does the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce last?

Once opened, the Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If unopened, it can last up to a year in a cool, dry place.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
JAE
  • PampChefDeb
  • Products and Tips
Replies