1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Your planner

1. PChefPEI

PChefPEI Senior Member Silver Member

So, I kinda cheated and was sneakin' a peek at the Director's CS :eek: Saw this thread that caught my eye about planners and they talked about http://www.plannerpads.com.

Anyone use their planner? I ordered one, 'cause I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff!! Someone on the thread said that they use their PC planner at the shows and only uses it to put show dates in and uses the plannerpad planner for everything. I thought that was a fantastic idea. And, the way the plannerpad planner is set up is exactly what I have been looking for.

I'm looking forward to getting it and will let you know what it's like! :)

So how does everyone use their planners?

Sep 19, 2008
  2. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Marie-France,

I'm very interested to find out how you like this new planner. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff too. . .and tired of having little slips of paper stuck all over my desk (I'm addicted PostIt Notes)

Once you have it in your hands, can you let me know if this will fit in a regular 3-ring binder (sometimes the holes are "off" so you are forced to purchase one of their holders)? If it will work, I think I'll give it a shot.

Thank you!!

Sep 19, 2008
  3. Chefstover2

Chefstover2 Advanced Member

I've never heard of it before, but I'm like you...a sucker for anything that will make my life easier. I really like the way it looks and I'll be doing a little more research.

I'm currently just using the Consultant planner, but finding a lot slipping through the cracks (like, when I've scheduled to close a show with a host, etc.).

Please post your thoughts when you get started with it!

Sep 19, 2008
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I just checked out the site - it looks interesting, but the one thing I couldn't find out that I would like to know is if there is a Month Page also - where you can see the whole month at a glance?

Sep 19, 2008
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There is. Month grid, then the weekly pages for that month.

Sep 19, 2008
  6. ChefBeckyD

You're so smart!:) Thanks Ann!

Sep 19, 2008
  7. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Here is an excerpt from my post on DCS:

Sep 19, 2008
  8. chefjeanine

I'd probably just use the weekly planning pages (if they are separate from the monthly) in conjunction with the P-Chef calendar we get. I like having all the deadlines and such that home office puts in their calendar.

Sep 19, 2008
  9. legacypc46

I use the monthly page to note key appointments or times I've blocked. (And for my shows)

Sep 19, 2008
  10. ChefBeckyD

That's a good idea, Jeanine! I think I'm going to get one. I used the PC Franklin Planner, and was really disappointed when it was discontinued - This looks great, and it's not pricey!

Sep 19, 2008
  11. chefjeanine

Kris,

do you have the executive size? Will it work (see my first post) in a regular 3-ring binder?

Thanks for sharing this information!

Sep 19, 2008
  12. PChefPEI

I do believe they are seven-hole punched. I use the black padded binder from PC and if the holes are not lined up, I will just hole punch my new planner pages to fit. I don't want to buy a new binder, because I really like this one (although I wish it was a wee bit bigger).

Sep 19, 2008
  13. legacypc46

I use the 'personal size' in a spiral format (6.75" x 8.5"). It may work with a 3 ring binder (may need to punch additional holes?)...you can call the company. They are very friendly.

Again, what I like about it is that i see my 'mulitple hats', priorities, to-do, and schedule all on one page. I need that...otherwise I'm like a kitten distracted by every butterfly that flies by.

Sep 19, 2008
  14. PChefPEI

Thanks for that! That is actually the post that got me looking into it! :) I have been using the top section of my PC planner (marked morning) to put my to-do lists and my appointments go into the afternoon and evening sections (the evening section holds green 3x3 sticky notes for show dates - I write host name, phone number, show time on these. It's easy to change show dates this way instead of having to white-out or erase).

What I really like about the plannerpad is the categories. That's really cool!! I can't wait to get it....I'm so impatient! :rolleyes: :p

Sep 19, 2008
  15. chefjeanine

Please let me know what you find out when your pages arrive. I did see that they are 7-hole punched. . .just hoping (wishful thinking?) that 3 of those holes match up with my 3-ring binder. If not, I may purchase a holder at the same time that I order the planner pages.

Sep 19, 2008
  16. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Jeanne, you will see on their site you can purchase a spiral bound version (which I have and love) or a loose leaf version that is hole-punched.

Sep 19, 2008
  17. alatour

alatour Member

I use the Franklin Covery PC planner too. When they discontinued them I ordered the Monarch style from Franklin Covery because it is basically the same thing. I like that one a lot. I am interested in this new style too though. I work full time as a social worker so I have work appointments as well as personal and PC stuff in mine, so whatever I use has to be very multi-functional. I definitely prefer the style that has monthly and weekly pages because I use the weekly pages for mileage.

Sep 19, 2008
  18. chefjeanine

Yes, I've visted the site and know what is available. I don't want the spiral bound version because I have a 3-ring cover that I use now and hope to continue to use. So that's why my question was will these pages work w/ my current cover (or will it be better to buy one of their covers). Sometimes when you have to punch more holes it leaves things kind of wonky and loose.

So, I'm going to wait and hear what Marie-France finds out when her stuff arrives.

Sep 19, 2008
  19. PChefPEI

I got my planner yesterday!!!!! YIPEE!!! :D I got the loose-leaf kind, 8-1/2x11 and eventhough it has 7-holes punched, it does fit my PC black padded binder, so Jeanine, it would fit your cover.

I really like it so far! I have transferred all my stuff into it and I really do think it's going to be great for me to keep my to do's straight, which I usually have a ton of!!

I'll let you know how it goes over the next little while.

Now, I have to go figure out what topic categories I'll use......:confused:

Oct 2, 2008
  20. coriatc

coriatc Member Gold Member

I bought one too ... the spiral one. I am trying to figure out my categories, too ... but I won't start using it fully until January, so I've got some time to figure it out! :)

Oct 2, 2008
  21. PChefPEI

I couldn't wait 'til then, so I got the one that started in October!! :)

Here's what I have so far for categories; would love to get some ideas:
    - PC
    - VAC (my ft job)
    - Errands
    - Personal
    - House

Not sure if I should break PC into different categories....maybe an admin category and a customer connection one. Ah, the decisions!! ;)

Oct 2, 2008
  22. coriatc

coriatc Member Gold Member

I like your choice of catagories... I think I will probably divide my PC catagories... I need to REALLY focus on Customer Care this next year, so I want to separate that out!

Oct 2, 2008
  23. PChefPEI

Okay, I just finished transferring my to-do list and OH MY GOD....SO COOL!!! I'm very excited and I think I will love this! Exactly what I have been looking for!

And, I did break down my PC tasks into customer connection and admin tasks, and I think this will work very well. We'll see how it goes for now and I can always change it up later! :)

Oct 2, 2008
  24. I use the Franklin Covey planner. I also did a franklin covey Focus Achieving your highest priorities. It was really good. I love it.

Oct 3, 2008
  25. Chefstover2

Chefstover2 Advanced Member

I'm curious as to if you're still liking the planner pad? Now that you've had it for a month or so...is it still working for you? Any cons? I'm this close to ordering it!

Nov 17, 2008
  26. emo812

emo812 Member

I was also wondering how you like it. I'm addicted to planners and I'm on my 3rd one this year because I keep finding better ones as I go. I just want to find one and stick with it.

Nov 18, 2008
  27. chefjeanine

I have not put mine to the best use (this is the plannee not the planner's fault :blushing:) but I like it!

It is very much based on common sense -- with a way to get rid of all those little bits of paper -- something I appreciate greatly.

Nov 18, 2008
  28. PChefPEI

I LOVE my new planner!!! :love: It has room for all my little notes and to do lists. The only challenge is to actually DO what is on my lists!! LOL I keep a notepad beside my bed and in the car so that if I think of anything when my planner is not close by (or easily accessible), I can jot it down and then transfer to my planner.

I still am working with the same categories and they are working well for me.

I would highly recommend it. Besides, you can't lose, because they do have a money-back guarantee! :)

Nov 18, 2008
  29. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I keep hoping that PC will join up with someone again and create a better planner. I love the one they send out - I use it all the time - but it doesn't have everything in it I need for scheduling my entire life. Plus I would like it to be a little smaller to fit in my diaper bag or purse better (and I don't carry little handbags, my DH calls me a bag lady I have so much stuff sometimes!) I bought the one they had when they were working with Franklin Covey but it wasn't quite right either - but I do agree that I like having the PC related notes in the calendar. That's why I want them to join up with someone to create it.

Nov 18, 2008
  30. PChefPEI

Maybe we could suggest teaming up with plannerpad?? That would be cool!

Nov 18, 2008
  31. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Now that I have been looking at it, I totally agree. I have an entire order all set out and am just trying to decide if I want to order now or wait. My show planner came in the mail today and I would love to have all of those tips and extras in one place - but the show planner is just not enough for me anymore. Too many things besides PC. I do still want to have my show planner for my actual shows because I don't want to be showing all my personal business to the world, but trying to keep three and four different calendars going is going to eventually end up with me being lost - possably literally knowing me;)

Nov 18, 2008
  32. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Does anyone know what size "pad/folio" the Consultant Planner will fit in? I got mine in the mail and after looking at mine from 2008 and seeing how raggity it is, I know this one will never make it past March at the rate I am going now. I was a 1-2 shows a month person until September and my planner shows it! It is about to fall apart now and I have rest of Nov and part of Dec to go! The one portfolio I have is not large enough for it. I don't want more than one calendar or I would never remember to put everything on it! My DD, SIL, and I have a Family Planning Calendar on our bulletin board now since she and I both do DS businesses and home parties. We are trying not to schedule Shows on the same day to put my SIL alone with the 2 yo and 3 mo old! LOL!

Nov 18, 2008
  33. PChefPEI

Something you could do Jane, which I have done in the past, is take apart your PC planner and just put a 2 to 3 months of pages in your current folio. You can keep all your monthly pages as well. Worked great for me when I did it. And, it didn't get beat up so much. I used the black PC binder.

Nov 18, 2008
  34. chefjeanine

This is what I've done. I take the covers off of the PC planner and add it to the binder that I carry it in all the time. Behind that, I've added the planner pages that this thread discusses. I only put a few months of those in at a time so my binder is not as heavy.

It's upstairs so I can't look at it. I may have had to punch holes (and I think I took it off the spiral). With the monthly PC pages, I use hole reinforcers so it will survive for 12 months.

Nov 19, 2008
  35. PChefPEI

I had to 3-hole punch mine and took the spiral off. The pages didn't really hold up that great though. Hole reinforcers is a great idea, as my monthly page holes are now totally torn up!! Is that a sign of being busy?? :rolleyes:

Nov 19, 2008
Have something to add?