• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Protect Your Privacy: How to Block Your Phone Number from Google Search Results

In summary, Google has implemented a new feature wherein you can type in someone's telephone number and hit enter to be given a map to their house. Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked. Before forwarding this, I tested
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Thought you all might find this interesting.

This is hard to believe, but TRUE !!! So please read !!!!

Everyone should be aware of this!

Google.com has implemented a new feature wherein you can type
someone's
telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and then you will
be given a map to their house.

Note that you can have your phone number removed or blocked.

Before forwarding this, I tested it by typing my telephone number in
google.com. My address came up, and when I clicked on the MapQuest
link, it actually mapped out where I live. Quite scary.

Please look up your own number.

Read below for details.

Think about it--if a child, ANYONE gives out his/her phone number,
someone
can actually now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The
safety issues are obvious, alarming, and many!

In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to:
http://www.google.com/

Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit
enter.

If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information,
simply click on phonebook results link above your phone number and
scroll down. I removed my name, but it takes 48-hours.

NOTE: If you are unlisted in the phone book, you might not be in
there,
but it is a good idea just to check. Guarantee that your work phone
number is in there if you've given it out to anyone commercially. If
your home number does come up if you hit map, it will show you a
direct map to your house.

You might want to pass this on to friends and family

You can do a reverse lookup through a lot of online search engines, and get the address right there.... then just type that in to mapquest and see the same thing. Check out 411.com and zabasearch.com for 2 examples.

Also whitepages.com and peoplesearch.com

I didn't mind the fact that you can mapquest my address. I give my address to people for that reason. I was uncomfortable with the fact that if they only have your telephone number they can get access to your address from far away. I guess I just get a little creeped out because of the dateline stories and having 4 children that don't seem to get the concept of "everybody doesn't need to know your whole life story"

It is scary... but on all of these pages you can do a reverse lookup from just your phone number and get your address.You might want to think about not listing your phone number in the phone book....I believe that it will not show up on these sites if it is set to private. Another thought is to go to Vonage. Your phone number will not be listed anywhere, because it doesn't relate back to your address (except for 911 calls) since you can plug it in anywhere that has a broadband service. If you want more info, I have it, and could sign you up as a referral.

We have vonage and it does map out on google. We've known about the google thing for a while and unfortunately having vonage didn't help.

Rebeccascabinet said:
We have vonage and it does map out on google. We've known about the google thing for a while and unfortunately having vonage didn't help.
Interesting, mine does not show up when I look it up...Just a thought, is your number listed in the phonebook?

I think it is.

I think people that really want to find this information will pretty much get it no matter what.

If your Revenue Office for your land taxes is on the internet, they can look up the location of your house there too.

My phone number is unlisted so when I did it the number/location came back to the prior individual who had my phone number. OK with me!!!!!:)

pkd09 said:
My phone number is unlisted so when I did it the number/location came back to the prior individual who had my phone number. OK with me!!!!!:)
mine too, I've had this number for 4 years and I get calls for him all the time.

I checked my phone number and it gives my old address (we moved almost 5 months ago) and then when the map pops up - they have our old house in the wrong area of where we lived.

Taking it off of google won't help for lots of reasons -- as mentioned above there are lots of other sites that do reverse look up and google and most other search engines also have a cached feature so if it was EVER in google, you can still look at the cache.

Our home phone is unlisted (and I use my cell phone for Pampered Chef), but in my county all the land records are on-line and searchable so all anyone has to know is my last name and they can find out exactly where I live, how much my property taxes are and how much I paid for my house.

ivykeep said:
but in my county all the land records are on-line and searchable so all anyone has to know is my last name and they can find out exactly where I live, how much my property taxes are and how much I paid for my house.

Our minds think a like b/c I had previously posted this b/c our county does this too.

This is exactly why I do not have my home # or street adress on any of my catalogs or info I hand out.

I Got my Cell Phone # specifically for business. It's a write off and I feel more secure in many ways.

It didn't come up with my number and it's a listed number. Who knows?

What is Pampered Chef's customer service phone number?

Pampered Chef's customer service phone number is 1-888-687-2433. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am-8:00pm CT and Saturday from 8:00am-5:00pm CT.

Can I place an order over the phone?

Yes, you can place an order over the phone by calling our customer service number at 1-888-687-2433. Our representatives will be happy to assist you with placing your order.

How do I update my phone number on my Pampered Chef account?

To update your phone number on your Pampered Chef account, log in to your account and go to the "My Account" section. From there, click on "Edit Profile" and you can update your phone number under the "Contact Information" section.

Is there a separate phone number for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, there is a separate phone number for Pampered Chef consultants. You can find this number on the consultant resources page or by contacting your upline or Pampered Chef support.

What should I do if I have a problem with my order or products?

If you have a problem with your order or products, please call our customer service number at 1-888-687-2433. Our representatives will be happy to assist you and resolve any issues you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978