• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wednesday Morning Chat: Let's Discuss Your Maximum Purse Price at 10 AM Eastern!

brand name purses, but I don't like to spend more than $100 on them. Mostly, I stick to buying Nordstrom or Saks Fifth Avenue brand name purses. I'll spend a little more if I really love the style, but I don't like to spend more than $300 on a purse. I also like to shop at TJMaxx and Value City when I can find a good deal on a brand name purse.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
Wednesday Morning ChatWe talked about doing a Wednesday morning chat and 9am I believe was the time mentioned. I just realized that we all have different times so how does 10 am eastern sound? Since PC is on central time I thought that would be least confusing. That would be 10est, 9central and 8whatever is next (is that pacific or???

What do you all think?

That would make it 7am Pacific. I believe I mentioned 11am Eastern, 10am Central, 9am Mountain and 8am Pacific - does that work?

Chances are, I may not be home in time tomorrow. The 7 am would probably be a little early for the pacific time zone. Athough I've lost track of where everyone is from. I'm central time. I'd love to chat though! Maybe once my daughter starts up a Wednesday park district thing after Labor Day, it would work for me. Just like we tell our hosts....not everyone is going to be able to make it.:eek:

cmdtrgd said:
That would make it 7am Pacific. I believe I mentioned 11am Eastern, 10am Central, 9am Mountain and 8am Pacific - does that work?

Oh, okay! That works for me too. - so I'll get on at 11 Eastern...

I'm sure it's work out great once we get going with it. Some weeks we'll have more and others fewer - just like our other team and director meetings!

Maybe we can choose a topic to discuss each month so we have a focus. What do you all think?

I was out yesterday and missed it!

Will this be a definite every Wednesday at 11:00 AM?

Please let me know, I would like to participate.

Thanks.

I plan on trying to be on every Wednesday that I can, for one. We'll have to see how it works out and then decide if that's just right or too often.

I think it might be nice if we picked a topic to discuss each time so we can all have an idea of where the discussion might lead.

I wish there was a way that those coming on later could see what has been typed before they got there so they could catch up with the conversation easier.

I won't be able to make it on Wednesday's. I will be returning to work 3 days a week from 8-1:45 on M,W,F. I'm dying for some cash flow down here!! I also want a new car so that motivates me.:money:

I guess we should have sent out a reminder! I missed you all this morning!

DOH! I'm in New York and totally forgot it!!! I was at the American Girl store with my mom shopping for my nieces...WOW what a store!

Was anyone at the chat?

I don't think anyone made it... I had a booth at a Job Fair, so I wasn't there. I believe Beth forgot, too. It is on my calendar and I'll be putting the reminder in the shout box on Monday....is there a way to send out an email reminder about it? It was so nice the one week I made it!

Several of us made it that first week, I was alone the second and I don't think anyone was on since that. I have put it on my calendar too so that I don't forget!

Some kind of reminder would really be nice... The shout box isn't a bad idea but I for one jump right to the "today's posts" and often miss what's on there. Greg, I thought you once said something about being able to send out an email reminder??

Was there a morning chat Wednesday?I couldn't make it I was golfing.

There were two of us. I was late, but we had a pretty good chat!

Yes we did, thank you Kate!

I won't be on the chat tomorrow (at least I didn't FORGET!). I was thinking 9am and I made a 10am appointment and won't get home until at least noon. That's eastern and here the chat starts at 11 - :rolleyes:

I'll get it together one of these days! Have a good chat and don't talk about me - unless it's good!

I know I'll be talking about the new promotion!!!!

Sorry I missed it this week. I woke up this morning with the hives. Ended up at the Doctors during the chat time and spent the rest of the day sleeping.
Not a very FUN day!:(

Oh, you poor thing! Did you figure out where the hives came from?

No, that is the best part. When the medication wore off, I was covered again. This has to end! I have 2 shows still this week and don't want to go looking like a freak.:yuck:

What price would you consider over the top? There was a time when I considered $80 way too much for a purse but it seems like the ones I gravitate towards these days are upwards of $150! :eek:

twingirlsmom said:
What price would you consider over the top? There was a time when I considered $80 way too much for a purse but it seems like the ones I gravitate towards these days are upwards of $150! :eek:

I am more of a $20 purse kind of girl...But I love when Kohls has great sales because then I can buy a $50 purse for $20....but I don't like to spend more than $20.

The last two I bought were $100 plus tax. I normally stay around $30 or so. But that is going somewhere like TJMax when I can get a $80 purse for that. I love name brand purses! They're my downfall, ha!

Dillards had a beautiful red, patent leather purse in 3 or 4 different styles. The one I liked was $250. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a purse I knew I would eventually disdainfully discard in 6 months or so. I waited until it went on sale and when it finally got down to $100 they were gone! :cry:

twingirlsmom said:
Dillards had a beautiful red, patent leather purse in 3 or 4 different styles. The one I liked was $250. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a purse I knew I would eventually disdainfully discard in 6 months or so. I waited until it went on sale and when it finally got down to $100 they were gone! :cry:

When stuff like that happens to me I figure that I was just not meant to have it...

The most I have ever spent on a purse has been around $40 or so. I just cant justify spending the $$ when I have other things that need to get paid for. I love sales.

I use my purses until they die, and I spend around $40-50 on them when I get new ones.

I don't like spending more than about $20. Most of the time, I get bored with them in about six months so $20 is plenty. If I used one for longer, then maybe.

The most expensive purse I ever bought was $200 (Brahmin). I love that purse and use it alot. Is is great quality and I keep it clean so it looks almost as good as when I bought it in December 1999! I love Brahmin bags, wish they weren't so darned expensive.....DH would have a fit if I bought one now (bought mine before I met him). He just doesn't understand fashion.

Mostly now I use my Ribbon PC bag.

$300 for a Coach and that's my limit! I'd love a Louis Vuitton but can't afford one of those! That was before PC though, now it's the tote bag from Supply order or a hand bag that has windows to put pics of the products in ;).

Even before PC purses came into my life (that's all I carry now...) $20 or $30 is about average for me. I just can't justify more. Even if I want a name brand bag, I would get last years design at TJmaxx or Value City or something like that... $50 would probably be my MAX...and then I would carry it for years! LOL

I change my purses all the time. If they are cute and cheap I buy them. I spent about $100 on a purse once that I designed myself from one of those parties. I never use it because its too small.

ooh bags and shoes are my biggest weakness!:love0010::love0010:
shoes I don't like to spend more than $35-40. but bags lets just say I usually need to save up! I will shop ebay for them too though, so my way of thinking is if i get a $300 bag for $150 I can buy another!!

oh the logic...;)

of course I had to have that cute ribbon tote too!!

I would seriously consider a $200 bag if I loved it!

reba515 said:
ooh bags and shoes are my biggest weakness!:love0010::love0010:
shoes I don't like to spend more than $35-40. but bags lets just say I usually need to save up! I will shop ebay for them too though, so my way of thinking is if i get a $300 bag for $150 I can buy another!!

oh the logic...;)

of course I had to have that cute ribbon tote too!!

I have gotten some great deals on Cole Haan shoes on ebay (brand new ones too, not used:yuck:) I've bought a few really cute purses too! I'm a bargain shopper and I love ebay!

I love my Brighton, Coach and Dooney & Bourke's
Probably $275 was the most I've spent

Teresa said:
I love my Brighton, Coach and Dooney & Bourke's
Probably $275 was the most I've spent

I just bought a pair of Brighton sunglasses - love them!

I like Brighton, only thing is that I don't wear Silver so I feel like I clash with them since all of their stuff is accented with silver. Is that valid or should I just not worry about it?

I am not a purse person... I have 2 and the most I have spent $70 and I still love it! My favorite purse ever ;)

Wow, you ladies are generous with your purse money!! :eek::eek:

Right now, I only have a ribbon tote, but it's not even the one from Merrill. I got it at a vendor show that I did for like $15. That's my speed. :D

My Coach bag I actually got from PC. It was a level one price choice a few years ago. DH got me the matching wallet for my B-day. I would love a new one but I don't like most of their designs lately.
As for the $...I buy my handbags on a military base where they are less expensive!! LOL!!

Linda,
Definately let yourself go and don't worry about it.
I love their shoes and wear some of the jewelry but oooohh the purses love 'em
I have the red fabric one with hearts thta I only carry in Feb.

My limit is $20, but I have my PC purse that I won't be parting with anytime soon. Now, I need to get a bag with the clear pocket on the outside for a catalog, if I can track one down!!!

I am lucky one of my friends has LOTS of great purses and loves to buy them. When she has gone through her supply she has been nice enought to give me 3 coach purses and one liz clabourne. I have paid up to $60.00 for a purse but don't tell my husband.

KellyTheChef said:
Even before PC purses came into my life (that's all I carry now...) $20 or $30 is about average for me. I just can't justify more. Even if I want a name brand bag, I would get last years design at TJmaxx or Value City or something like that... $50 would probably be my MAX...and then I would carry it for years! LOL

I have to agree with the PC Purses...I love mine...and I have made some sales with people who I would have never met if I didn't have my PC Purse...Actually I think it is about time to order another one of them...

i am a purse snob. :blushing:I freely admit it. I have several Coach bags, but my pride and joy is my Louis Vuitton that I bought a couple of years ago.:love0010:

tara1021 said:
i am a purse snob. :blushing:I freely admit it. I have several Coach bags, but my pride and joy is my Louis Vuitton that I bought a couple of years ago.:love0010:

Oh I am so jealous!!! A LV!!!!! mmmmm I can dream!!!:balloon:

jrstephens said:
Oh I am so jealous!!! A LV!!!!! mmmmm I can dream!!!:balloon:

I buy the fake ones from the street "vendors" in New York City.

I am sorry I missed the chat today. Was anyone on? I know "leggy" was in the room and clicked out at the same time I clicked in.:cry:

I was on a group coaching call that went over a bit and then my mind wandered...:eek: By the time I realized it the time was 11:43.:eek:

Ugh! I take hubby to work and when he doesn't want to get up on time, my schedule is backed up!

no problem, we'll catch up next week. i was going to stay for the full hour, but DH came home a little early and we needed to get some things done. sorry i missed you two!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Koolotus
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pchefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • esavvymom