• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Your Favorite iPad Apps?

In summary, the iPad is a great device for doing lots of different things. It is great for family stuff, kid stuff, and educational purposes.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok. For my birthday this week, my DH & kids bought me an iPad. :D
It's a 16gig, so I have to be selective and not let myself get carried away with apps. ;)

So I was wondering if you had some favorites to recommend.
I'm looking for practical and fun. Organizational, educational (I homeschool a 3rd/4th grader (boys)), fun, etc.

What do you like?

What will you be using it for mostly? We use ours for my DHs job, stuff for the kids, and to Skype when he is traveling. We currently only have FREE apps on ours. We have the following on ours:Family stuff: Cozi Calendar (to keep us all on the same page), skype, Medical Kit, Facebook, the Weather Channel, Hurricane tracker, flight tracker (my DH travels a lot), HBO to GO (you can watch anything that is on HBO, movies, series etc.), Weather+Free,Whole Foods Recipes, Netflix (you can hook it up to play on TV), Medscape.Kid Suff (for a 1yo & 4yo): I hear EWE, Kids can Match, Animal Fun, Remember this, Zoo Keeper, Pocket Frogs, Abby's Preschool, ABC Easy Write, Baby TV Mobile, A Basic Time, Crayola Color, Doodle Buddy, EF English First.My Dh has some other apps that pertain to his job. You will be surprised how many apps you can fit on these things.

I have an iPhone, but desperately want an iPad. ;-)

Angry Birds is crazy addictive, if you haven't been playing it on other platforms.

For silly fun for kids, there are a few apps that mimic your words/sounds in a silly voice. I think "Talking Tom" is one? Anyway, my younger cousins will do that for HOURS. It never seems to get old.

I prefer the Kindle app to Apple's iBooks. The response time is a little better, and I feel like Amazon has a better selection of books, but maybe that depends on your tastes. Either way, with these apps on my phone, I always have a book with me, no matter where I am. I know I'll want them on my iPad, too.

And yeah, apps don't take up much space at all, so don't worry about that. It's primarily your music and videos and, to a lesser extent, photos, that will eat away at your 16GB. And even that could all be changing in the fall when Apple rolls out iCloud--you'll be able to access your storage anywhere, so you're not limited to what your tablet can hold.

Words with friends of course!

I'm not entirely sure what I'll use it for. Today, my 10yr old and I sat and watched some science videos on the Science 360 app (pretty cool), and played with the Planets app, then watches some Netflix for a bit. I'm hoping to be able to use it for organizational tools- Lists, Planner- especially for School/home management- keeping track of my calendar (School, home, scouts, PC, etc). I'll use it for educational purposes and games for my kids. They love to play with our "toys"...so while I'm working with one, I can have the other doing something like Math/Money-counting games, reading practice, geography, etc. (2nd-4th grade levels of work).Then of course, I'll play with it and would occasionally use it in place of my laptop when convenient and easier to carry.I did download Cozi last night....I have an account- but never used it, so I may play around with that a bit. I'm comparing it to the "Remember the Milk" which is similar. Got a few other tools- one for To-do Lists, Shopping lists, etc, and then I found two Recipe apps- one for WW, and one called Simply Organic. My DH is bugging me though. He keeps laughing at me as I sit on the couch going through the App Store and trying things out. It irritates me because when he got HIS from his boss several months back, he was NEVER without it- always had his nose in it and after he got it set up for email, etc, he was always playing Solitaire on it. REALLY?! I told him to "bug off". ;)But keep the suggestions coming! Going through the App Store isn't exactly user-friendly and easy! Every time I downloaded an app, when I went back to the store, it would start over from #1 - and I would have to go through the list all over again! Very annoying if you were on #1000 out of 4000 or so.

I use CCal on my iphone because it syncs with my google calendar online and I can take just my cell phone with me and have my full calendar. If you have Netflix, that's a good app :) If you're into "ereading" i recommend the iBooks app.
I also have the Dictionary app. :)
Square is a good app to have for accepting peoples credit/debit cards (and is free) except you have to pay a 2.75% fee on every transaction. I used it for my garage sale and it was fantastic! It's nice because some people at Pampered Chef parties are afraid of giving you their card number - with this, it means you don't have their info. Just remember to tell them there's a 3% surcharge (this covers what Square charges you)

ShelbyMichalek said:
I use CCal on my iphone because it syncs with my google calendar online and I can take just my cell phone with me and have my full calendar. If you have Netflix, that's a good app :) If you're into "ereading" i recommend the iBooks app.
I also have the Dictionary app. :)
Square is a good app to have for accepting peoples credit/debit cards (and is free) except you have to pay a 2.75% fee on every transaction. I used it for my garage sale and it was fantastic! It's nice because some people at Pampered Chef parties are afraid of giving you their card number - with this, it means you don't have their info. Just remember to tell them there's a 3% surcharge (this covers what Square charges you)

I am so happy you shared this. I am going to check it out now. Thanks!

I have this app on my iphone its called key ring dunno how well it'll do on the ipad but i scan all my cards like speedway and my card for the gym that away i dont have to carry them around with me. I agree on the ibooks esp on the ipad. i workout a good bit and have the Nike training app its really nice kinda breaks everything down for ya and makes up a workout plan for ya

I'm tickled pink! I just discovered I can move PDF files over to my iTunes (Books) and add it to my iPad. I have TONS of eBooks in PDF format!! This will be great before my trip next week! Maybe now I can read some of them. :)I had downloaded Calibre (free PDF-to-eBook converter), and that works, but shoot....if I can just use the PDF in iBooks...it's easier. I just have to tap "collections" at the top and switch to PDFs to view instead of Books.:D

Yep, I love the ibooks app for that. I have the last two consultant news in pdf on my ibooks on my phone :)

And if you are a WW member....the "WW Kitchen" app works great! When I log in, it pulls up recipes, but it also includes any recipes I have saved to my account- including those I've converted/saved. Very cool. I noticed that a few I need to do some tweaking for the new PointsPlus, but still...sweet. Now- this isn't the WW Mobile, which I do have, its the iPhone/iTouch version, but it still works on my iPad (just not as great looking).Simply Organic - another very cool app with loads of recipes.And HI SHELBY! Long-time-no see! Are you going to conference this year??

Found another one- especially for you Book Lovers (or Teachers/Homeschool moms like me!) - "Book Crawler" ($1.99) for iphone/ipad. Combine it with "pic2Scan"(Free). You can SCAN the ISBN Codes on your books in your personal library and it will catalog them for you in the Book Crawler app! I just spent 15 minutes trying it out- cataloged about a dozen of my books. I was able to tag them as "own" (Why would you catalog something you DON'T own, I don't know, but I guess you could), what I paid for them, and added them to a collection- in this case, they were "Kids Readers". But it pulls up the pictures, genre, etc. So cool! Especially for someone like me who has hundreds of books, and when it's time to buy curriculum, knowing what I have without riffling through shelf after shelf, or even boxes, will be so nice! (Once I catalog everything of course, but a shelf at a time, and it would be done in no time, right?!)If you don't have a camera on your gadget, you can manually enter the ISBN info. Either way- you need WiFi on it (which at home, I do have).I only found one book that didn't have an image with it- and that was a new cookbook we tried scanning first. It has only been out for about a month, so maybe that's why.But thought I'd share! :)

Here are my favorites (includes some iTouch compatible)2Do - best To do list app I've found. I started with Toodledo (free) a year ago and liked it okay, but 2Do is tons better. It does sync with Toodledo, so I was able to carryover my tasks and I can also use the toodledo link to sync between devices. Amazon Kindle appMy Fitness Pal Calorie Counter - free and has a preloaded database of thousands of foods - great if you don't want join weight watchers and pay the fee.Fling! One of my favorite gamesGeocaching - great if you have an iTouch, I'm not sure I'd want to take an iPad into the forest. HandyCookbook - cheap but handy personal recipe cookbook (no recipes included). Allows you to upload recipes from your recipe management software (if you have it) through a webpage. You can also manually add recipes using your computer and transferring it to the device. ListOmni Lists - great for grocery lists, packing lists, gift lists, Recipe Search - best recipe app I've found. It is a simple search engine that searches and links to tons of recipe websites. It allows you to bookmark your favorite recipes. Scramble - game for making words from lettersMagic Piano - fun piano app for the iPad

I have a few that I love and use often. Probably most used would be my Kindle app. I haven't had to pay for a single book yet since Amazon offers a LOT of free stuff! Yay for FREE!

My second favorite would have to be Words with Friends. I'm an addict and I'm not afraid to admit it. :D

I also like the My Fitness Pal app but I generally use it more on my phone since my iPhone goes with me everywhere and I can enter the information at any time.

DH and I enjoy playing UNO since we both have iPads (I got his hand-me-down ;))

Another favorite is I Heart Radio. They have so many different stations for just about any type of radio you'd like to hear.

I honestly didn't realize that I would enjoy my iPad as much as I actually do. It's a lot of fun and is convenient, too.

1. What are your top 5 favorite iPad apps for productivity?

As someone who loves staying organized and on top of tasks, my top 5 favorite iPad apps for productivity are Trello, Evernote, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, and Slack. These apps help me stay on track with my to-do lists, take notes, store important documents, and communicate with my team efficiently.

2. Can you recommend any good iPad apps for cooking and meal planning?

Absolutely! My top 5 favorite iPad apps for cooking and meal planning are Yummly, BigOven, Mealime, Paprika Recipe Manager, and ChefTap. These apps offer a wide variety of recipes, meal planning options, and even grocery list organization to make cooking and meal prep a breeze.

3. Are there any great iPad apps for fitness and wellness?

Definitely! My top 5 favorite iPad apps for fitness and wellness are MyFitnessPal, Headspace, Yoga Studio, Fitbit, and Nike Training Club. These apps offer a range of features from tracking your workouts and nutrition to guided meditation and yoga sessions, making it easy to prioritize your health and wellness.

4. What are some fun and entertaining iPad apps you would recommend?

For entertainment, I love using Netflix, Spotify, Pinterest, Kindle, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on my iPad. These apps offer endless hours of entertainment through binge-watching shows, listening to music, browsing and saving ideas, reading books, and playing games.

5. Are there any must-have iPad apps for personal finance and budgeting?

Yes, there are! My top 5 favorite iPad apps for personal finance and budgeting are Mint, PocketGuard, Goodbudget, You Need a Budget (YNAB), and Acorns. These apps help track expenses, create budgets, and even invest spare change, making it easier to manage and save money.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • irishtwinsmommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies