• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Kids Cooking Class: Teach Real Skills

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of a mini-kids cooking class for a show, with prepaid items waiting for them at the door. The focus is on finding recipes and cooking tips that teach real cooking skills, rather than just decorating cookies. The speaker suggests searching for "Mommy and Me" or "cooking with kids" recipes and using products that are great for kids. They also mention the importance of having the moms present and possibly including a separate portion for them while the kids are occupied. The speaker warns that these shows can be chaotic but ultimately should be focused on having fun.
beepampered
I have a host with a three-year-old who'd like to do a mini-kids cooking class for a show. Perhaps with prepaid items waiting for them at the door? Any suggestions for recipes/cooking tips/items to order? I've read the other threads but they seem to focus on older kids or "fun" foods. I think this mom wants real cooking skills taught - not just how to decorate a cookie. Thanks....BEE

Oh boy, "real" cooking skills with three year olds! Good luck! :eek: I've done lots of Mommy and Me shows and while they are fun and new for lots of veteran PC customers, they are quite chaotic. I really consider it a success if the kids have fun. I've posted several items on Kids Shows, so maybe do a search with "Mommy and Me" or "cooking with kids" and see what you come up with. I've done recipes out of the "Let's Eat" cookbook, specifically the Tic Tac Toe Pizzas and the S'Mores Brownie Bites. I've also pre-baked mini fluted cakes in the mini fluted pan and had them decorate them. I focus on "rules" for the kitchen that are age-appropriate for the group...I think there's a file for that somewhere on here. I also include a flyer in the catalogs/folders I hand out to the moms that list ALL the products that are great for kids because moms will have little time to really browse through the catalog. And definitely make sure that your host plans to have the moms present. I had someone who wanted me to do a show, but have the moms leave and come back and pick up their kids when the show was over. No thanks...I'm not a party clown! Anyway, they are fun shows and something different to add a little variety. My most successful ones have been where the hosts have also had a "moms only" portion where I do a "real" recipe for them while a babysitter or dads occupy the kids in a separate part of the house. Good luck!! :)

Hi BEE,That sounds like such a fun idea! Cooking is a great skill to teach kids at a young age and it's never too early to start. Here are a few suggestions for recipes and tips:1. Start with simple recipes: Since the kids are only three years old, it's important to choose recipes that are easy to follow and require minimal steps. Some ideas could be making sandwiches, assembling fruit skewers, or making mini pizzas with pre-made dough.2. Use kid-friendly utensils: Make sure to have kid-sized utensils and tools available for the cooking class. This will make it easier for them to handle and use while cooking.3. Incorporate healthy options: It's always good to teach kids about healthy eating habits, so try to include some fruits and vegetables in the recipes. You could make fruit smoothies, veggie wraps, or homemade trail mix.4. Have a variety of ingredients: To make it more fun and interactive, have a variety of ingredients available for the kids to choose from. This will allow them to get creative and make their own unique creations.5. Emphasize kitchen safety: Before starting the cooking class, make sure to go over some basic kitchen safety rules with the kids. This could include washing their hands, using oven mitts, and staying away from sharp objects.As for the prepaid items, you could have pre-measured ingredients and pre-cut fruits and vegetables ready for the kids to use. This will save time and make it easier for them to follow the recipe.I hope these suggestions help and that the mini-kids cooking class is a success! Have fun and happy cooking!

1. What age range is the Mini Kids Cooking Class suitable for?

The Mini Kids Cooking Class is perfect for children ages 5-12 years old. However, children outside of this age range can still participate with adult supervision.

2. What skills will children learn in the Mini Kids Cooking Class?

Children will learn basic cooking skills such as measuring, mixing, and following a recipe. They will also learn kitchen safety and how to work with different kitchen tools.

3. Do children need any previous cooking experience to participate in the Mini Kids Cooking Class?

No, the Mini Kids Cooking Class is designed for children with little to no cooking experience. Our recipes are easy to follow and our instructors will guide them every step of the way.

4. Can parents attend the Mini Kids Cooking Class with their children?

Yes, parents are welcome to attend the Mini Kids Cooking Class with their children. However, if the child is old enough, we encourage them to participate on their own to develop their independence and confidence in the kitchen.

5. What types of recipes will children make in the Mini Kids Cooking Class?

The recipes in the Mini Kids Cooking Class are designed to be fun and easy for children to make. They will learn to make simple dishes such as pizza, quesadillas, and muffins. We also incorporate healthy options and teach children about nutrition and making balanced meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heat123
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • Lisa/ChefBear