• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Print Invitations Easily with Home Printers and Mail Merge!

In summary, Billy created a Word template that allows you to print your invitations from your home printers. He also set up a Mail Merge so that your guest list is automatically added to the Word file.
dexheimers
Hey all!

Ok, I am a computer nerd. But you just may love me for that after you read this. I spent the time to format Word so that you can print the invitations from your home printers.

Big deal, right? I know its been done. Here's the cool part:

I also set up a Mail Merge. Basically you can now filll out the guest list in an excel file (insturctions to create this file are in the instructions document), follow my instructions (also provided) and BAM! your list is automatically added to a Word file, all ready to print!

You can fill the excel file out yourself OR EVEN BETTER: send it to your host so they can fill it out and send it back to you!!! If you do it that way, you won't type a THING. You gotta love that, right?

I hope my instruction sheet explains everything allright. If not, send me a PM or email me!!

Let me know if it works out for you!! :)

~Billy

Attachments

• Invitation TEMPLATE.doc
    27 KB · Views: 720
  • Mail Merge Instructions.doc
    71.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:
Way cool!!! Now, I just have to get the hosts to actually send me the list! I have a show next Saturday and sent out the host packet two weeks ago with the guest list to be sent back to me. I'm going to send out the guest list form before I send out the host packet from now on...

Amen to that. It's hard to get hosts to realize that a bigger list can equal more free product value, half price items and a larger discount! The more the merrier I say! Both for the host and US!! ;)

This is great!! I LOVE computer nerds - because I am on the other end of the spectrum!!

Thanks for doing this for us. I assume this is a tempate for the new invitaitons???

I will give it a try and let you know how it goes....

PCGINA said:
This is great!! I LOVE computer nerds - because I am on the other end of the spectrum!!

Thanks for doing this for us. I assume this is a tempate for the new invitaitons???

I will give it a try and let you know how it goes....

Yes, this template is for the new invitations. I hope you like it!

Great file. Thanks. I love computer geeks, heck I am one and married one.

Those are awsome!!! Computer nerds are cool!!!!

You read my mind!Wow...thanks! This has been on my to-do list and I was planning to get it done this afternoon! I started mailing invites for my customers this month and after writing all the invites I decided that I needed to play with my computer and automate this process.

Thanks so much, you have saved me a ton of work!

pamperedlinda said:
Wow...thanks! This has been on my to-do list and I was planning to get it done this afternoon! I started mailing invites for my customers this month and after writing all the invites I decided that I needed to play with my computer and automate this process.

Thanks so much, you have saved me a ton of work!

Glad to help! I hope it works out alright for you. :D

Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it!

Hey this is great! I was using mail merge for labels - this is WAY easier! So you just use this to print on the invitations themselves?

invitesdoesn't it take more time to print all the ivitation ?wouldn't be quicker to print all the labels?

You should be able to put a stack of envelopes in the paper feeder and then set it to print. This should take less time then needing to print the labels and then peel and stick them.

whitetiger said:
doesn't it take more time to print all the ivitation ?wouldn't be quicker to print all the labels?

Absolutely not! Sara and I printed 45 invitations in less than ten minutes. We just put a stack in the printer and let 'er rip.

If you do labels, you have to print them and then stick them all on yourself. The template I made would actually take 3 labels per invitation to do manually. So you not only save time but you save money by not buying labels.

Plus I believe that they look much more professional. They look like they were made for that show and not altered just to get the content on there. Just try it! Seeing is believing....I hope you like it! :)

Oh WOW!!! How Great! Thanks sooo much!! :)

Don't have time to try this yet, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

What is a mail merge?

A mail merge is the process of combining a list of data, such as names and addresses, with a template document to create personalized versions of the same document. It is commonly used for printing invitations, letters, and labels.

Do I need any special software to print invitations using a mail merge?

No, you do not need any special software. Most word processing programs, such as Microsoft Word, have built-in mail merge tools that allow you to easily create and print personalized invitations.

Can I use any type of printer for mail merge invitations?

Yes, you can use any type of printer as long as it is compatible with your computer and can handle the paper size and type you are using for your invitations. Inkjet and laser printers are both commonly used for printing invitations.

How do I ensure my invitations are printed correctly and lined up properly?

To ensure your invitations are printed correctly and lined up properly, it is important to do a test print on regular paper first. Make any necessary adjustments in your mail merge settings or printer settings before printing on your actual invitation paper. You can also use a ruler or a template to help with alignment.

Can I add graphics or images to my invitations using a mail merge?

Yes, you can add graphics or images to your invitations using a mail merge. Most word processing programs have options to insert images into your document, which can then be merged with your data. Just make sure the images are the correct size and resolution for printing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robochick84
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
jkendall
Replies
Views
smithcooking