• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!

In summary, Janet thinks that Paula Dean is not very good at cooking and is not very entertaining. She also thinks that Rachel Ray is a better cook.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Why is that you ask?

Because, as I am watching her talk and make tomato sandwiches on FN, she licks the mayo off her fingers and keeps talking then shows how she dips her finger in the mayo, puts a dab on the top of each sandwich then puts a little sprig of parsley on each...

So, if Paula can be famous and still lick her fingers...:rolleyes:

Well, I still wouldn't recommend it during a show...:D

Paula Dean is definetely unique! Not many people could get away with what she does! I love Paula Dean but sometimes I trip out on how much eating and licking her fingers and so forth, that she does on her shows! But you still can't help but like her. Some people may not like her but I do!!!:D Oh and by the way, I do not reccommend licking your fingers at a show either!!! :eek: :p I don't think Paula really feeds people from what she's making on the tv. On her show, Paula's Party, it seems that what she feeds the audience is stuff that is made before the show! At least most of the time it is!!!
We feed peopel at our shows and I think we wouldn't be getting bookings if we were eating food and licking our fingers while we were doing our demos!:eek:
Ya all know what I mean!!!:p ;) :D

Who doesn't like Paula.... my husband and I love watching her show. We always have to laugh at her personality... she is a great cook and very fun to watch!!

janetupnorth said:
You too can be just like Paula Deen!
No, I can't - not without an operation that I won't have.

I HATE PAULA. Ok, but only because my EX-FIANCE's Mother looks just like her. She went and seen Paula one time in person and got to be up on the stage with her. She brought me back a Pink Lady & Sons T-Shirt Signed by Paula. Anyone wanna buy it??

Sorry.....Still to this day.....I can't watch her and not think of that.....um, well......you know.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, I can't - not without an operation that I won't have.

Yeah, "The Kitchen Gal" just doesn't have the same ring to it.:p

chefjen80 said:
Who doesn't like Paula.... my husband and I love watching her show. We always have to laugh at her personality... she is a great cook and very fun to watch!!

I have to admit that I'm not a fan. And even less so after watching the Chefography program about her a couple weeks ago. While I do admire people who take risks and start their own businesses, I don't admire people who start businesses without following the rules and getting proper permits and inspections. (According to the show, she didn't have any permits for "The Bag Lady," her lunch catering business.)

I am a huge fan of Paula's and an even bigger fan of her two hot sons...that know how to cook and eat as well.

chefann said:
I have to admit that I'm not a fan. And even less so after watching the Chefography program about her a couple weeks ago. While I do admire people who take risks and start their own businesses, I don't admire people who start businesses without following the rules and getting proper permits and inspections. (According to the show, she didn't have any permits for "The Bag Lady," her lunch catering business.)

Thanks for saying that Ann! I'm not a fan either.....but didn't want to be the only one to say so~;)

This was actually my first time EVER seeing her! I am usually at work, but am off this week cleaning my house so I flipped FN on...

Some neat stuff, but overall not too impressed...

Got to see how Rachel Ray uses the Santuko for EVERYTHING! She has a great personality but nothing to ride home about...of course, I'm not a "cooking geek"...more into other things...

Learning what Ann said about her permits (Paula's), I'm not too impressed with that either...

With all that said, fun to watch once in awhile...and time to keep cleaning so I can replace my alternator later... :( ...not looking forward to it...I drive a van!

Janet - if you ever get a chance to watch Alton Brown's "Good Eats" - that is a great cooking show! It satisfies the "Information Geek" inside me! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Janet - if you ever get a chance to watch Alton Brown's "Good Eats" - that is a great cooking show! It satisfies the "Information Geek" inside me! :)

I'll look for it - thanks! I like to learn about herbs or techniques I've never hear of (you don't get that at Engineering School!), but just watching someone make something without that isn't that entertaining...

Ah, found it - on at 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. here...I'll have to check it out sometime this week...

ChefBeckyD said:
Good Eats is what really got me started on watching Food Network! I love Alton Brown and I respect how smart he is, even though he acts silly! I really have learned a lot of stuff from him! I just love Good Eats!;) :)

Good Eats is awesome! I took a gourmet foods class in college and we even spent a few classes watching Good Eats... it does a great job of teaching the science behind the food, which I believe, when I understand why something happens I am better at getting it right when I do it... I know I am a food geek, but my guests love all the little tips I give them that I got from Good Eats!

Sounds like we should petition HO to get AB as a guest speaker at Conference!
:D
I'd sign up for that workshop!

Good Eats is my all time favorite also. When we first started getting Food Network, I saw a few shows that didn't really impress me. Then I saw Alton Brown. I started taping them all. They are full of great information. And I love the science and food tips he gives out.

You can check out www.goodeatsfanpage.com and see a transcript of all his shows and just about everything you want to know about the show.

chefann said:
Sounds like we should petition HO to get AB as a guest speaker at Conference!
:D
I'd sign up for that workshop!

It would fill up quick and he would be a great speaker for conference. :D

hoosierchef said:
I HATE PAULA. Ok, but only because my EX-FIANCE's Mother looks just like her. She went and seen Paula one time in person and got to be up on the stage with her. She brought me back a Pink Lady & Sons T-Shirt Signed by Paula. Anyone wanna buy it??

Sorry.....Still to this day.....I can't watch her and not think of that.....um, well......you know.
Sorry she reminds you of...you know!
But, I would love to have one of her t-shirts!
Make me a deal!!;)

We have only the basic of all basic cable...only about 15 channels...this is on purpose - my kids would never stop watching tv...We figure if there isn't something on those 15 channels ...then turn it off...

BUT...I sure am missing out on a lot!! I wish the cable companies would let us choose which channels and pay per channel...

I should be able to deduct the cable expenses if I got FN...right!! !???! LOL

I bought a food tip book after coming back from Nat. Conference a couple years ago...I went to the "Want a show with WOW" workshop, FOOD TIPS was one of the things our guests will say "WOW...I didn't know that!" and be excited about coming to the show...and book!!

ChefNic said:
We have only the basic of all basic cable...only about 15 channels...this is on purpose - my kids would never stop watching tv...We figure if there isn't something on those 15 channels ...then turn it off...

BUT...I sure am missing out on a lot!! I wish the cable companies would let us choose which channels and pay per channel...

I bought a food tip book after coming back from Nat. Conference a couple years ago...I went to the "Want a show with WOW" workshop, FOOD TIPS was one of the things our guests will say "WOW...I didn't know that!" and be excited about coming to the show...and book!!

We don't have cable, but we did just get satellite because my husband can't live without the History Channel...FN happened to be on the cheapest package.

Our TV (with a pretty big antenna) can only get 1 channel and SOMETIMES 2 - pretty boring if you want a break.

My kids usually don't watch it - we have a collection of Thomas the Train, Leaf Frog, Clifford, and Dora that they can pick from to watch.

chefjen80 said:

Us too Jen. It is something when my husband will sit and watch a cooking show. He got hooked on her with Paula's Party! We just went to Savannah to eat at Lady and Sons and Uncle Bubbas. My husband wanted to meet her as bad as I did!!!

I LOVE Paula!!! I have my entire family hooked on watching her. Of course, she cooks the way I like to cook! Trust me though, I don't lick my fingers at my shows! That's why I wear gloves! It stops me from trying (LOL).

I like her even more after watching her chefography. She was so depressed after a divorce she couldn't leave her house. She was so poor trying to raise her two boys she had to come up w/a way to make some money w/o leaving home. That is when she decided she could cook.

I like Alton too! I try to catch his show as often as possible, and Ina's, and Emeril's, etc.... (my least favorite is Rachel Ray).

Rhonda,

I admire her so much too for what all she has accomplished especially know what all she overcame to get here. I love in her cookbooks she shares different bits and pieces. I cannot wait to get her new book about her life when it comes out!

ChefNic said:
You are absolutely correct! If you watch Food Network for tips, techniques and recipes, you can write off part of your cable/satellite bill.

I love Paula!I do love Paula Deen. We don't have cable either and I would never even dream about getting cable, but when we lived with my in-laws before we bought our house, they had cable and I was hooked.

I love almost all of her recipes. One episode she was making a bread pudding with KRISPY KREME donuts. It was hilarious. She walked into the Krispy kreme bakery, and they told her to get a box and fill up the box with her donuts from the conveyor belt. She asked the ladies working their if they thought she could fit almost a dozen and a half in the box. They smiled and I know they were expecting her to do something silly.
She started biting donuts left and right and shoving them in the box!! I loved it!!! She is so silly and fun! I love the recipes she makes because they are actually something I would make at home. I love the way she feeds her husband and sons on the show! I can tell a person is a good chef when they are overweight!! They can't stop eating their own food!!! LOL

I do enjoy Alton Brown, my husband loves his show, and I love all the information and the silliness too. He reminds us of a friend of ours from our old church. Occasionally I will catch a few cooking shows on PBS on Saturday, but it's not the same!

Debbie :D

1. What is "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!"?

"You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" is a cookbook and kitchen guide that features recipes and tips from celebrity chef Paula Deen. It is designed to help home cooks recreate Paula's famous Southern-style dishes in their own kitchen.

2. Are the recipes in "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" are not difficult to make. Paula Deen's cooking style is all about using simple, accessible ingredients and techniques that anyone can master. The cookbook also includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make the cooking process easy and enjoyable.

3. Can I find ingredients for the recipes in "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" at my local grocery store?

Yes, most of the ingredients used in "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" can be found at your local grocery store. Paula Deen's recipes are designed to be accessible and use common ingredients that can be found at most supermarkets. However, some specialty ingredients may need to be purchased from a specialty store or online.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in the recipes if I have dietary restrictions?

Yes, "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" includes a variety of recipes that can be modified to fit different dietary restrictions. The cookbook also includes tips and suggestions for substitutions, such as using alternative flours or dairy-free options, to make the recipes accessible for everyone.

5. Is "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" only for experienced cooks?

No, "You Too Can Be Just Like Paula Deen!" is for cooks of all levels. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced cook, the cookbook offers a range of recipes and tips that can be easily followed and recreated in your own kitchen. The goal is to help everyone learn and enjoy cooking, just like Paula Deen does.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • jrstephens
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies