• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Too Can Be a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, this consultant had a bad show today, but ended up having a good time thanks to the positive attitude they had.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
This is for all the newbies that have had less than perfect shows....this should make you feel better!

I've been a consultant for over 9 years...today I had a show. Made Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Haven't used the Ultimate Mandoline for a while (it's NOT my fav tool!) so practiced before leaving the house...not really smooth but not bad. At the show...it was terrible. Couldn't get it to look effortless :cry: Then it started clicking real funny and not cutting. Turned out it was off the track! Ugh! They all started laughing at/with me! I said, "Yes, you too can be a Pampered Chef consultant!" (Making the best of a bad situation...I said, "Well, this gives me the chance to show you our great forged knives!" :) )

As they were sampling the squares, I went into the dining room to set up my checkout area. I went back and forth between the room and the kitchen talking with everyone. As I came back I noticed something on the floor... like it had been on someone's shoe...mud perhaps?? A few women had gone outside so I thought it was them. (I know, I know I should have said something then!). As I stood up the next time I slid on the floor....BIG dog poop! I said to the host, I think someone has something on their shoe. She came in to wipe it up and then we saw it....the dog had pooped UNDER the table where I was sitting!! :eek: It was ME carrying dog poop around the house!!

I was SO embarrassed!!

Sorry you had a crappy day!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
This is for all the newbies that have had less than perfect shows....this should make you feel better!

I've been a consultant for over 9 years...today I had a show. Made Clubhouse Chicken Squares. Haven't used the Ultimate Mandoline for a while (it's NOT my fav tool!) so practiced before leaving the house...not really smooth but not bad. At the show...it was terrible. Couldn't get it to look effortless :cry: Then it started clicking real funny and not cutting. Turned out it was off the track! Ugh! They all started laughing at/with me! I said, "Yes, you too can be a Pampered Chef consultant!" (Making the best of a bad situation...I said, "Well, this gives me the chance to show you our great forged knives!" :) )

As they were sampling the squares, I went into the dining room to set up my checkout area. I went back and forth between the room and the kitchen talking with everyone. As I came back I noticed something on the floor... like it had been on someone's shoe...mud perhaps?? A few women had gone outside so I thought it was them. (I know, I know I should have said something then!). As I stood up the next time I slid on the floor....BIG dog poop! I said to the host, I think someone has something on their shoe. She came in to wipe it up and then we saw it....the dog had pooped UNDER the table where I was sitting!! :eek: It was ME carrying dog poop around the house!!

I was SO embarrassed!!

Wow what a day.

Wow...didn't take long for someone to go there ;)

ljeffries said:
LOL
Looks like you beat KG to the punch line this time!!

I agree though...sorry about all that!

So, how many bookings did you get?

pamperedlinda said:
So, how many bookings did you get?

1 cooking...2 catalog...1 recuit lead...only 5 guests....so not bad :)

And Linda...I thought of you while I was there...not because of the poop :D but I was in Milner...up your way :)

:eek: Hopefully you didn't have on opened-toed shoes!!:eek:

For the record...I am not dwelling on the "crappy" day. (No consultant should!!) I ended up just laughing at the things that went wrong. Everyone was so nice and had such a great time.

Lisa~

Doesn't sound like such a crappy show then! 3 bookings and a lead? Way to go!

ljeffries said:
:eek: Hopefully you didn't have on opened-toed shoes!!:eek:

I live in Georgia!! We wear sandals 10 months out of the year. I happened to be wearing my favorite :love: black leather sandals I bought in Chicago one year during conference. Luckily...poop was only on the bottom!

I am in Alabama, I know about the sandals! I was just giving you a hard time about the crappy day. It just goes to show that ANYTHING can happen at a show - and it is still a success!!!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
1 cooking...2 catalog...1 recuit lead...only 5 guests....so not bad :)

And Linda...I thought of you while I was there...not because of the poop :D but I was in Milner...up your way :)
Good job! So what did you tell them that you would track across their carpet at their show?! LMAO!!!

You should have let me know, I would love to come meet you. Which part of Macon do you live? I go through there all the time to see my grandmother (she lives 30 miles south of Macon in Marshallville and my brother lives in Perry).

ljeffries said:
I am in Alabama, I know about the sandals! I was just giving you a hard time about the crappy day. It just goes to show that ANYTHING can happen at a show - and it is still a success!!!!

Living in the south (we've been here 3 years) took some getting used to. I rarely wear socks now. It sounds like a silly thing but I miss my socks :cry: and a longer "sweatshirt" season!

You're right about the "anything can happen and still be a success" type shows. I get more bookings when I screw up than when I do the "perfect" show.

Same here...welcome to the sweltering south!
Always remember, baby powder is your friend!

pamperedlinda said:
Good job! So what did you tell them that you would track across their carpet at their show?! LMAO!!!

I didn't get anything on the carpet...it was the beautiful hardwood floors!!

pamperedlinda said:
You should have let me know, I would love to come meet you. Which part of Macon do you live? I go through there all the time to see my grandmother (she lives 30 miles south of Macon in Marshallville and my brother lives in Perry).

I'm on the north side of town. PM me the next time you're coming through here and we'll meet somewhere! :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'm on the north side of town. PM me the next time you're coming through here and we'll meet somewhere! :)
Sounds great. I'll let you know the next time I'm that way.

I had a day like that today. I started in a daze from a late party and then needing to go to the store for things for todays party. I got beeped at twice in traffic for not paying attention at the lights. Then at Walmart i kept bumping into people with my carriage. Then I go to my show and had a lady cut the tip of her finger on the vegetable peeler and another lady got burned on honey that I didn't check before I handed her the bowl with honey almond scrub in it. I need to just go to bed and hope tomorrow is better.

ljeffries said:

LOL! Thanks for the giggle!

Okay...you win :D At least no one was injured at my show :)

I forgot the chicken and the cream cheese at my house last night and then proceeded to burned my hosts burner cover. I was trying to do too much. Anyway... I politely told her I was pampered not perfect and she and her daughter were very gracious. Her daughter is going right past the discount store where she purchased them so she can replace it next week. Sigh... that happened before the show began. It's nearly at $600 and I am working on only one booking but after how it all began... I was praising God for a good show!

Georgia Peach,LOL!!! I have tears in my eyes laughing at your story. It was priceless. My favorite line is "I"m the Pampered Chef not the perfect chef". and yes, we all have those stories. Wouldn't it be fun to put into a book? It's kind of like those priceless things children say. I once had a student who told me he went to visit his grandfather's grave. "You know, it's where the veterinarians live." I've got to start keeping my funnies.

lockhartkitchen said:
Wouldn't it be fun to put into a book?

I've always thought it'd be fun to have a book. I think it'd be a great thing to give to recruit leads...let them know you don't have to be perfect to do this job AND show how much fun you can have doing this.

See, I had a mess up of a show on Saturday too! I forgot my fluted pan and we were doing the microwave cake...so we ended up using her loaf pan and it actually still worked out! Then, I realized that I didn't bring the cookware samples she asked for, I too had a major issue with the UM and eventually said, "can you believe I get paid for this??" got lots of laughs and helped me to feel better! There were several other small but silly things that went wrong, but overall, I ended up with 2 cooking shows, 3 recruit leads and the host wanting to book again!! Not too shabby!

Hey, Andrea, you go, girl!The problem with writing a book about all of the weird experiences we've had is that no one would believe they're true. I mean, you have the mooning show, the potty party, the doggie doo disaster, and more. Nope, no one would believe these things actually happen to people who are innocently trying to demonstrate cooking tools.

1. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a consultant, you will have the opportunity to earn extra income, build your own business, and work flexible hours. You will also have access to exclusive discounts and new product releases. In addition, you will have the chance to meet new people and develop your cooking and presentation skills.

2. How much does it cost to become a consultant?

The starter kit for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is $99, which includes over $450 worth of products and business supplies. There are also optional add-ons available at a discounted price. There are no additional fees or hidden costs.

3. Do I need to have previous sales experience to be successful as a consultant?

No, you do not need previous sales experience to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our training and support team will provide you with all the necessary tools and resources to help you succeed. As long as you have a passion for cooking and a desire to share it with others, you can be successful in this role.

4. How much time do I need to dedicate to my Pampered Chef business?

The amount of time you dedicate to your business is entirely up to you. You can work as little or as much as you want, depending on your own schedule and goals. Many consultants start as a side hustle and gradually grow their business over time.

5. Can I still be a consultant if I don't have a large social media following?

Yes, you can still be a successful consultant without a large social media following. While social media can be a helpful tool for promoting your business, there are many other ways to reach potential customers, such as hosting in-person cooking shows, participating in local events, and word-of-mouth referrals. Our training program will provide you with tips and strategies to help you grow your customer base without relying solely on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies