• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody

In summary, "You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody" is a popular parody song written and performed by the comedy duo, Garfunkel and Oates. The title references the saying "You have to be over 50 to get the AARP discount." While the parody does contain some mild language and references to aging, it is generally suitable for most ages. It can be found on various streaming platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Music.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
You probably have to be over 50 to get the reference - this parody thread was inspired by the MFP thread - it made me think of this acronym right away!*&^%$#! editor. That should be in all caps.L S / M F T

Re: Ls/mftI'm over 50 and am stumped.

Re: Ls/mft
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You probably have to be over 50 to get the reference - this parody thread was inspired by the MFP thread - it made me think of this acronym right away!

*&^%$#! editor. That should be in all caps.

L S / M F T

...or watch Mad Men? Or am I off base?

Re: Ls/mftThink of little white sticks of paper that get burned up. (A habit that I never understood, and to this day, still don't understand.)

Re: Ls/mftLucky strike means fine tobacco! Everyone knows that! Ha!

Re: Ls/mftMaybe everyone who remembers black and white tv ;)

Re: Ls/mft
a_takethatfoo.gif

Re: Ls/mftI have two things in my head when I see the MFP acronym though...When I see the letters MF, something not nice pops in my head. :eek:And when I see MFP written out, I sometimes think of FMPs... Again, not something I can write about on here, but I guess I could link to someone singing about them, as long as parents know there is some not safe for kids language that follows: YouTube - Amy Winehouse - **** Me PumpsSo I guess every generation has their own acronyms popping into their head. You can scold me that both of mine have bad words if you want, lol.

1. What is "You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody"?

"You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody" is a popular parody song that pokes fun at being over 50 years old and all the stereotypes that come with it.

2. Who wrote "You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody"?

The parody was written and performed by the comedy duo, Garfunkel and Oates.

3. What is the reference in the title of the parody?

The reference is to the age-old saying, "You have to be over 50 to get the AARP discount," which is a popular perk for senior citizens in the United States.

4. Is "You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody" appropriate for all ages?

The parody does contain some mild language and references to aging, but overall it is suitable for most ages.

5. Can I find "You Probably Have to Be Over 50 to Get the Reference - This Parody" on any streaming platforms?

Yes, the parody is available on various streaming platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, and Apple Music.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • chef2you