• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Bigger House - The Moving Journey Begins!

In summary, the conversation was about moving to a bigger house and the excitement of gaining a bathroom, 4th bedroom, family room, garage, and a newly renovated kitchen. The move is being done by the family themselves, and will take place over the course of a few days. The plan is to stay in the new house for at least 2 years, but possibly longer. The conversation also includes congratulations and well wishes for the move.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
we were talking about moving a few weeks ago? I found out on Monday that we can move into a bigger house! The catch...since there is ALWAYS one...we have to move ourselves! This is the first time in about 13 years that we have done. But.....the new house is only 2 blocks away so we are moving a room at a time and it is going smoothly so far....the storage shed is in the garage and all our outside stuff is over there.

As for space we are gaining...a BATHROOM!! We have only had one since August...yikes! We are also getting a 4th bedroom, family room and a garage to replace our car port. Oh and a HUGE and newly renovated kitchen. I am stoked!

Yeah Erin!

Congratulations! Post some pictures for us when you get settled!!

woo hooo!!!

A bigger house is worth moving yourself!!! How long will you be in this one?

Good for you! You will fill that extra space in no time.

Congrats Erin~that's exciting! When do you move?

chefkristin said:
A bigger house is worth moving yourself!!! How long will you be in this one?

At least 2 years....if we choose to stay here for another tour then maybe five!

lacychef said:
Congrats Erin~that's exciting! When do you move?

Well...we got the keys on Monday and started mvoing stuff right away. i was not at all prepared but since we are doing room by room it was ok. We are renting a truck for Saturday to move all the big stuff.....

KellyTheChef said:
Yeah Erin!

Congratulations! Post some pictures for us when you get settled!!

Will do...........

Don't feel so bad about moving only 2 blocks. DH's brother's family almost moved right across the street but they were never able to sell their house.

Have fun with your new home.

Congratulations!

1. How do I choose the right size house for my needs?

Choosing the right size house depends on factors such as your budget, family size, and future plans. Consider the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you need, as well as the amount of living space and storage. It's also important to think about potential growth or downsizing in the future.

2. What are the most important features to look for in a new house?

The most important features to look for in a new house will vary depending on your personal preferences and needs. Some common features to consider are location, school district, safety, layout, and updates or renovations. It's best to prioritize what is most important to you and your family.

3. How can I save money during the home buying process?

There are several ways to save money during the home buying process. Some options include negotiating the price, shopping around for the best mortgage rates, and considering a fixer-upper instead of a move-in ready home. It's also important to carefully review all fees and expenses and try to negotiate or reduce them where possible.

4. Do I need to hire a professional moving company?

Hiring a professional moving company can make the moving process much easier and less stressful. They are experienced in packing and transporting belongings safely and efficiently. However, if you have a tight budget, you may be able to save money by enlisting the help of friends and family or renting a moving truck.

5. What should I do to prepare for moving day?

To prepare for moving day, it's important to declutter and organize your belongings beforehand. This will make packing and unpacking easier. It's also a good idea to create a moving checklist and plan ahead for any necessary utilities or services to be set up at your new home. Don't forget to pack a bag of essentials for the first few days in your new house.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates