• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did My Husband Get Fired for No Reason After Less Than 60 Days of Employment?

In summary, the author is upset because her husband was fired from his job and he is looking into suing his former employer. The author is also a disabled vet and is worried about how she will make ends meet.
legacypc46 said:
Kacey, are there any government jobs (Civil Service) available where you are? If you DH meets the job skills requirements, he would have some hiring preferences because of his veteran status and disability.

That is too funny- I was just asking DH about this. It would be at least a $20,000 per year pay cut, but if I can find and keep (because of my physical restrictions for my severe back injury) a good Retail Managment job, I can more than make up what he will not be getting. I should be able to double that.

Thanks for that idea! I might even look into that. I was in the Air Force for a small amount of time!

Jean DeVries said:
Kacey,

Two penguins were in the shower.

One said, "Pass me the soap."

OK, I have no idea what that joke actually means, but when I used to be a counselor at our local elementary school's sixth grade camp, the girls in my cabin used to tell that joke all the time then laugh hysterically. Of course, not wanting to seem completely uncool to a bunch of eleven year-olds, I laughed hysterically too. I think it freaked them out.

I also think that the joke was some sort of code for "Hey, when the counselor goes to sleep, let's freeze her bra" but they got scared when I laughed along, because it seemed like I knew what they were gonna do.

The moral of this story is, Always laugh when eleven year-olds tell stupid jokes. At the least, you'll seem really cool. At the most, you'll scare them into not putting your unmentionables in cold storage.

Is that better? :)

Is it because Penguins don't have thumbs and it's impossible for them to pass slippery soap?

I have a funny joke told to me by one of my former kindergarten students. I still chuckle when I tell it....

How do you fix a broken tomato?

With tomato paste! HAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA

Thanks for the penguin joke, Jean! I appreciate your efforts to bring some joy into my seemingly crumbling life. I appreciate all the kind words and love from you guys. I have never had this many major crisis's in my life at one time and it is a bit overwhelming and I am starting to wonder who I ticked off!

Good Luck Kasey with your job app!

Kacey~

Last night I saw your post, but didn't have a chance to respond, or even to read other's responses. I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray for you! Honestly, it doesn't make sense how much you and your family has been tested recently! Come on, Lord! Enough already!

Lord, I ask you humbly to bless Kacey's family. They have been obedient to answer your call to help her sister and neice, even though it is a financial struggle. They are defending one of your little ones, and I pray that you will bless them abundantly because of that! I pray that you would provide for them in their need right now. Financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically. You know their needs before they are even spoken and I pray that you would fill those needs now. Show them your love through the actions of others. Bring glory to yourself through their struggles and allow them to see your mighty hand protecting them and providing for them. Please provide for them in unexpected and extravagant ways! Make those provisions so miraculous that there is NO OTHER EXPLANATION but your hand! Lord, wrap them in your love right now and remind them that you are there for them always. In your heavenly name I pray, Amen.

KellyTheChef said:
Kacey~

Last night I saw your post, but didn't have a chance to respond, or even to read other's responses. I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray for you! Honestly, it doesn't make sense how much you and your family has been tested recently! Come on, Lord! Enough already!

Lord, I ask you humbly to bless Kacey's family. They have been obedient to answer your call to help her sister and neice, even though it is a financial struggle. They are defending one of your little ones, and I pray that you will bless them abundantly because of that! I pray that you would provide for them in their need right now. Financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically. You know their needs before they are even spoken and I pray that you would fill those needs now. Show them your love through the actions of others. Bring glory to yourself through their struggles and allow them to see your mighty hand protecting them and providing for them. Please provide for them in unexpected and extravagant ways! Make those provisions so miraculous that there is NO OTHER EXPLANATION but your hand! Lord, wrap them in your love right now and remind them that you are there for them always. In your heavenly name I pray, Amen.

Kelly, thanks so much! That was a very beautiful prayer! I will come into agreement with you on that one!

Okay, off to update my resume and get it off to Godiva!

UpdateJust incase someone jumps to the last page, I wanted to post this again... I did edit it onto my first post in this thread for anyone that hasn't read this yet. Thanks! :)

UPDATE (5/2/2008)

DH said that he was going to call an employment attorney and sue his former employer. I wanted to edit this in for two reason, one- to keep DH in your prayers, because he's never stuck up for himself before- this company did some REAL damage to his reputation by firing him for no reason after just under 60 days of employment. It's all about reputation and networking in my DH line of work, and he is right when he said that they really caused him some damage- finding someone to hire him at his age after being fired during the first 3 months of his last job will be VERY hard.

Secondly, my DH is a disabled Vet...he falls under a protected class of citizen and regardless of whether we live in an "At-Will" employment state or not...you have to think LONG and HARD before you fire a disabled vet without any reason at all, or fire one period, for that matter...so I'm gald my husband is calling a lawyer and I truly hope that this works out for him. He's not suing for a huge settlement- so don't start salivating over $$$ signs...it's more to send a message to a company that has kept 2 employees that are supposed to work 40 hours a week (and only work 20) and haven't hired one person in the 10+ years they've been there, and they keep them but fire my husband because he costs more. They agreed to his salary to begin with!

Hi! You don't know me because I don't write in too often unless I need help. ;-} I was snaked away from a great job that I loved for double my salary. As it turned out 2 years later, they closed the office, and I didn't have a job. I am a single MOM - at the time with a nine year old son. I know how devastated your husband must be, but just tell him to hang in there as the job I found, and have now, I absolutely LOVE. I happened to see the posting (school district) the last day the job could accept applications. So, IT WILL HAPPEN. Just have faith - don't give up! Something better will come along - I promise. Good Luck!

dhanna said:
Hi! You don't know me because I don't write in too often unless I need help. ;-} I was snaked away from a great job that I loved for double my salary. As it turned out 2 years later, they closed the office, and I didn't have a job. I am a single MOM - at the time with a nine year old son. I know how devastated your husband must be, but just tell him to hang in there as the job I found, and have now, I absolutely LOVE. I happened to see the posting (school district) the last day the job could accept applications. So, IT WILL HAPPEN. Just have faith - don't give up! Something better will come along - I promise. Good Luck!

Awww, thanks so much for those kind and encouraging words! DH and I are going to be looking for jobs together...he did say we needed to do more things together! LOL I know it will get better and be alright in the end, but going through it is NO fun...
Thanks for posting- that means a lot to me, especially since you don't post often!

<h2>1. Why did my husband get fired after less than 60 days of employment?</h2><p>Unfortunately, in most states, employment is considered "at-will" which means that an employee can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all. This can be a difficult situation, but it's important to stay positive and focus on finding a new job opportunity.</p><h2>2. Can my husband sue his former employer for firing him without a reason?</h2><p>If your husband believes that he was wrongfully terminated for reasons such as discrimination, retaliation, or violation of a contract, he may have a case to pursue legal action. It's best to consult with an employment attorney to discuss the specifics of his situation.</p><h2>3. How can my husband's reputation be affected by being fired after less than 60 days of employment?</h2><p>Unfortunately, being fired from a job can have a negative impact on an individual's professional reputation. However, it's important to remember that this is not a reflection of your husband's abilities or character. It may be helpful for him to address the situation honestly in future job interviews and explain the circumstances of his termination.</p><h2>4. What can we do to move forward after this unexpected job loss?</h2><p>It's completely understandable to feel upset and overwhelmed after a job loss. Take some time to regroup and then focus on finding new job opportunities. Utilize your network, update your resume, and be open to different job opportunities. It may also be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a career counselor during this time.</p><h2>5. How can we handle the financial impact of my husband's job loss?</h2><p>Losing a job can have a significant financial impact on a household. It's important to assess your finances and make a plan for how to manage expenses during this time. This may include cutting back on non-essential expenses, seeking temporary employment, or looking into financial assistance programs. It's also a good idea to communicate with creditors and discuss potential payment arrangements or deferments.</p>

1. Why did my husband get fired after less than 60 days of employment?

Unfortunately, in most states, employment is considered "at-will" which means that an employee can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all. This can be a difficult situation, but it's important to stay positive and focus on finding a new job opportunity.

2. Can my husband sue his former employer for firing him without a reason?

If your husband believes that he was wrongfully terminated for reasons such as discrimination, retaliation, or violation of a contract, he may have a case to pursue legal action. It's best to consult with an employment attorney to discuss the specifics of his situation.

3. How can my husband's reputation be affected by being fired after less than 60 days of employment?

Unfortunately, being fired from a job can have a negative impact on an individual's professional reputation. However, it's important to remember that this is not a reflection of your husband's abilities or character. It may be helpful for him to address the situation honestly in future job interviews and explain the circumstances of his termination.

4. What can we do to move forward after this unexpected job loss?

It's completely understandable to feel upset and overwhelmed after a job loss. Take some time to regroup and then focus on finding new job opportunities. Utilize your network, update your resume, and be open to different job opportunities. It may also be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a career counselor during this time.

5. How can we handle the financial impact of my husband's job loss?

Losing a job can have a significant financial impact on a household. It's important to assess your finances and make a plan for how to manage expenses during this time. This may include cutting back on non-essential expenses, seeking temporary employment, or looking into financial assistance programs. It's also a good idea to communicate with creditors and discuss potential payment arrangements or deferments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies