• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you store your PC stoneware?

In summary, people store their stoneware in different ways depending on how much space they have. Some people store theirs in drawers, some people store them in the oven, and some people store them in a rack.
rennea
Gold Member
I have another problem.........I love PC stoneware(well that's not the problem), the problem is how to store it. I have two of the old stoneware racks but they only hold a few pieces. How does everyone store theirs. It's Victoria Day here and I have the day to organize my kitchen but I'm stumped on the stoneware.

I have one stoneware rack, but you're right, not much fits in there. Then I just stack what I can in a lower cabinet. Some fit inside each other, like the oval baker fits in the Rectangular Baker. I have some others in some of my extra deep drawers. I do have a good amount of cabinet space and I know if I clean out some of the wasted-space ones, I'd have even more!

Becky

I would just love to have deep drawers. I have pull out shelves but there taken up with pantry items. I think I need 2 kitchens!!!:D

rennea said:
I would just love to have deep drawers. I have pull out shelves but there taken up with pantry items. I think I need 2 kitchens!!!:D

I Totally Agree!! :D

I stick my extra stuff in my oven when I have guests and need to keep things tidy. The dishwasher is also a great, quick place to stash things. Now you know all my secrets!

I had a customer a few years ago who made wonderful stoneware racks. This was before PC came out with them! They were wider, longer and had more space between the pegs. I own 2 of her's and 2 of PC's but I can't use any of them! The house I live in currently was built in 1974 and is SERIOUSLY lacking in free kitchen space! LOL!! As a result I store PC in the kitchen, laundry room, front closet and a TON in my office!! Come to think of it then only place that there is not a single PC thing is the bathrooms and the kids rooms! Even my garage and car have PC propaganda in them!!! LOL

Have a Pampered Day!!

I store my stoneware in a cabinet right by my stove I am very careful when I pull stoneware out amd my 2 kids know not to get into that cupboard now when #3 comes along that will be a different story.

I have 3 racks, and I could use 3 more. For the stones that I don't use often I just stack them with a discontinued silicone trivet between them.

I have lots of kitchen space, but all my cabinets are so full. So I store my stoneware in the oven stacked. I'm thinking about how I might can clean out and get rid of some stuff to make more room because the longer I sell PC the more I get that I don't have room for (LOL). I have a college dau that I'm thinking would like for me to pack some of my kitchen stuff up for her to give her after she graduates next year. Of course, I'm also getting a few PC pieces along to put away for her. She likes to cook and even took a cooking course in Italy so she has been enjoying using my PC this summer while at home. Yes, making room for all the new stoneware and other items can be a challenge.

Jeanie Gay

I first read about this in a gourmet magazine article about pizza stones, and verified it with my director-

For Flat Stones (doesn't work with deep bakers, etc), they can be stored in the oven. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE COOKING OTHER THINGS ON THE RACKS ABOVE!

The stoneware holds and distributes heat very evenly. Because of this, it makes your oven work like a brick oven in a restaurant. Especially if you have a crummy uneven oven, it evens out the baking temperatures to help get rid of "hot spots."

I have done this for over a year with no problems (Although my stone did season very quickly and very darkly). I would recommend getting your stone initially seasoned before doing this.

This has helped me sell stoneware also!

Koren

Just make sure to take them out before running the self cleaning cycle in the oven! The dramatic change in temperature can cause them to crack! I actually had a customer who suggested people keep the stones in...I had to gently tell her that she was possibly ruining her stones. :(

I stack what I can in the storage rack (which is very little) and the rest goes in the oven or on top the fridge. Unfortunately, I don't have much cabinet space either. I guess I am going to have to do some cleaning this summer and try to make more room. I have so much PC and we are going to be moving next summer and when you are in the military you have a weight limit...I think I might just be transporting my PC stuff by car. Those stones are HEAVY.

More shelves!Well I am going to see how it all fits in our new home. We will be moving into a new home with a bigger kitchen the first week of June, Lord willing!! And I am going to be very excited to try to fit all my PC stuff in that kitchen. If I lack space I plan to ask my husband to add some shelves or maybe we could get a neat baker's rack and stack my stones underneath. There are so many possibilities!! I love the stoneware and can't possibly part with any of my pieces. I don't like those stoneware racks. They don't match my kitchen. But maybe something a little nicer and black would work. I am keeping my eyes peeled! Good luck ladies!!
Debbie

I have most of my stoneware still in their boxes so that they stack better. I have a large rubbermaid like shelf in the utility room just off of the kitchen and they are all stacked on the top shelf. I do get them up and down frequently for using. I too don't have much counter space for a rack.

I got this idea from one of my customers who also has a lot of stoneware.

Theresia Aylward

koren said:
For Flat Stones (doesn't work with deep bakers, etc), they can be stored in the oven. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE COOKING OTHER THINGS ON THE RACKS ABOVE!

The stoneware holds and distributes heat very evenly. Because of this, it makes your oven work like a brick oven in a restaurant. Especially if you have a crummy uneven oven, it evens out the baking temperatures to help get rid of "hot spots."

Koren

Thanks for mentioning this. I had also heard/read the same thing several years ago but had no idea where or how valid it was. I'll be sure to share this at shows because I agree and have also done so for years.

This is how I store mine...I Love my Baker's rack!!

Attachments

• Kitchen (2).jpg
    Kitchen (2).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 513
That look great:)

Wow! You have the setup! I can't wait until I accumulate that much stoneware. Your baker's rack looks great. Have you hosted a show with this display? I bet you would sell a ton of product!

koren said:
I first read about this in a gourmet magazine article about pizza stones, and verified it with my director-

I have done this for over a year with no problems (Although my stone did season very quickly and very darkly). I would recommend getting your stone initially seasoned before doing this.

This has helped me sell stoneware also!

Koren

I thought the stone was supposed to be at the center of the oven, no?

rennea said:
I have another problem.........I love PC stoneware(well that's not the problem), the problem is how to store it. I have two of the old stoneware racks but they only hold a few pieces. How does everyone store theirs. It's Victoria Day here and I have the day to organize my kitchen but I'm stumped on the stoneware.

I had to do away (take the plunge) with ALL of my pyrex! I just kept a cookie sheet for broiling. I haven't missed the pyrex!

Thanks!!
LakesideMom said:
Wow! You have the setup! I can't wait until I accumulate that much stoneware. Your baker's rack looks great. Have you hosted a show with this display? I bet you would sell a ton of product!

Yes, I have had all my parties but one in my home and it goes nicely. Everybody likes the fact that they can look, touch, feel etc. I have'nt had to many parties lately but that's ok. :eek:) My biggest show was a little over $900. I constantly move things around since all my stuff is on display I have to keep it all clean for use etc. So it's always changing. ;o) But I am really proud of it and my whole kitchen for that fact. I am in the AF and between base housing etc., this is the biggest kitchen I have had.

When I owned an oven that the pilot burned all the time and I kept one of my stones on a rack in the oven, it helped to season it faster, and of course I left it on a rack by itself when I baked something above it. Say pot pies, I placed the pot pie on the oven rack with the stone underneath it. NOT the pies on the stone.

I have a tiny kitchen that needs remodeled so I keep my stones laying flat on the shelves in the microwave cart. But when the kitchen is remodeled I have designed a cabinet especially for my baking stones.

Kris

What types of products can I find from Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide range of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. We also have a variety of recipes and meal ideas to help you get the most out of our products.

How do you come up with your product ideas?

Our product ideas come from a combination of customer feedback, market research, and our team's own experiences in the kitchen. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate in the kitchen, and we value the input of our customers to help us create products that meet their needs.

Do you offer any tips or resources for using your products?

Yes, we have a blog and social media channels where we share tips, recipes, and ideas for using our products. We also have a team of consultants who are trained in our products and can offer personalized advice and demonstrations.

Are your products affordable?

We strive to offer products at a range of price points to fit different budgets. Our products are designed to be high-quality and long-lasting, so they can be a worthwhile investment in your kitchen. We also have frequent sales and discounts for our customers.

Do you offer any warranties or guarantees?

Yes, we stand behind the quality of our products and offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason, we will provide a refund or exchange within a certain time frame. We also offer limited warranties on certain products for added peace of mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
soccermama
  • pamperedchef88
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
racuruk
  • Get_Pampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies