1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Yo Gabba Gabba

1. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Oh boy, I know the show Yo Gabba Gabba is something to seriously question.... LOL! Anyways, Jack Black is on the show right now and it's quite hilarious. He's totally into the show. He's in his element. I can't believe I am actually watching this right now :eek:

It's like one of those oddities that you can't take your eyes off of b/c it's just so....WEIRD. LOL.

Apr 3, 2009
  2. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

My daughter has been waiting all day for this, it is just now over and she loved it...I cannot stand that show, but I made a special exception because she wanted to watch it so bad...

Apr 3, 2009
  3. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

LMAO I watch this show with my son. We haven't seen the Jack Black episode, but OMG this show is in serious need of help.....haha.

The songs are catchy though....lol.

Apr 3, 2009
  4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

We don't watch it or DVR it... Some shows are just too dumb! Reminds me of Teletubbies! We don't watch "Max and Ruby" either because Josiah started acting just like Max...so we told him we don't watch it because Max isn't doing what his Mommy or sister say to...

Apr 3, 2009
  5. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

My daughter LOVES this show.. I have 2 episodes recorded on the DVR that she watches over & over all day! & Today I recorded the Jack Black one for her!! lol.. We've actually already watched it twice since 1:30!!! haha

For anyone, the new YGG DVD will be out in stores April 7! :) Great Easter gift!!

Apr 3, 2009
  6. Jessamary

Jessamary Member

Although I truly believe there were some mind-altering drugs used when creating this show, I will let my kids watch it. In fact, they LOVE it.

It kind of reminds me of some of the truly corny live-action TV shows I used to watch as a kid.

And even though it has the "they're all on drugs" factor, I think it's one show that truly does try and teach the kids something. And the dancing is cute...my daughter loves to try and do the dances.

Apr 3, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Have you seen that commercial for the fluffy orange DJ hat? It's so funny. That show seemed so crazy and annoying to me at first. My son saw it and wanted to keep watching it, but I wouldn't let him. Then one day I saw the beginning few minutes of an episode that was recorded after something else and I actually thought what they were showing was okay. They try to address social skills/manners. Like teaching kids to not get frustrated, how to apologize when you do something wrong even on accident, to not tease others, etc. I still think it's bizarre and quite quirky and the DJ guy drives me crazy, but overall it's an okay show I think.

Apr 3, 2009
  8. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

They totally HAD to be on something.....hahaha.

Besides the fact that the one character is NOT easy on the eyes.....if you know what I mean, I think the show has alot of cute values, like eating veggies......ect. Brody is too cute

Apr 3, 2009
  9. Myjenny

Myjenny Novice Member Gold Member

I loved when Jack Black was doing Saturday Night Fever dance move! That was so funny!

Apr 3, 2009
  10. TammyStar

TammyStar Member

Well I had to say something. Trying not to offend but my first thought the first time I saw this show was "why would they make a character that resembles a male body part or an object that is used to simulate one? And then they gave it an STD cuz it looks like it has WARTS!!!!

Sorry sorry sorry if I offended anyone.

I can listen to this show but I have a hard time watching it.

Apr 3, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL - that totally made me laugh.:D

I can't watch it at all. Thankfully, DS doesn't care for it either. He turns off the TV when it comes on. Smart boy.

Apr 3, 2009
  12. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I've never heard of it, I'm off to google it!

Apr 3, 2009
  13. Jessamary

Jessamary Member

Aaack! I never even THOUGHT of that! And I have like the sickest mind around!

Now that's all I'm going to think about when I see Muno. (That's his name, I think.) :blushing:

Apr 4, 2009
  14. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

hehe.. my DH & I were just talking about the 'shape' of him the other day & I said "Yea, and they threw an STD on him".. ;)

I agree it is definately OUT THERE, but I do think they do a good job educationally & getting the kids to move & dance.. It was acquired, but I now love it, & I am glad my daughter likes a show that actually teaches something!

Apr 4, 2009
  15. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

My grandsons like this show -- not me. I think the real person/guy is actually a girl. Check it out and see if you agree.

Apr 7, 2009
  16. lisagoins

lisagoins Novice Member

I cannot stand this show either--I agree about the mind-altering drugs--and they probablay have a budget of about $10 a show by the looks of it.
    HOWEVER,
    I grew up watching H.R. Puff n Stuff, so what do I know?
    (Sid and Marty Kroft Rock! Long live the Bugaloos, Sigmund the Seamonster, and Land of the Lost!!)

Apr 9, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Me too! Loved all of those!:eek:

Apr 9, 2009
Have something to add?