• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!

This summary is about a conversation between two mothers about their children. One mother went to church this morning and brought her 8yo daughter, but her 10 yo son didn't want to go, so she left him home with her husband. Not a big deal, right? The other mother went to Sunday school and all is well. The son who didn't want to go to church this morning was wearing a helmet, but the other son who went to church this morning did not wear a helmet and was hit by a car. The mother of the son who was hit is glad he was okay, but is scared for her own children. One mother thinks about how scary it would have been if her son was hit and the other mother reminds her
Chefstover2
I went to church this morning...brought my 8yo daughter, but my 10 yo son didn't want to go, so I left him home with dh. Not a big deal. I headed to Sunday school and all is well.

Service starts and it's time for praises and thanksgivings. First guy who speaks tells of arriving early and deciding to go through his hold neighborhood...mine. He's driving down the big hill (only one in the neighborhood and it happens to be in front of my house) and a boy comes tearing down the driveway out into the road and falls off his scooter right in front of the car! Since it was my driveway he was describing I know that this was my son! :eek::eek::eek:

Fortunately, the guy was driving slowly and stopped in time, but I don't think I heard a word the minister said and I have no idea if any music came out of my mouth. I shudder to think of the outcome if it had been one of the young kids that drive in our neighborhood and my stomach just ties in knots even thinking about what DID happen.

All is well, and lesson learned (I hope) by my son (who was NOT wearing a helmet).

Oh, how scary. Glad he was paying attention and didn't run over him.

Thank God!!!! I look at everything in a whole new light, now that I'm a Mom.

AJPratt said:
Thank God!!!! I look at everything in a whole new light, now that I'm a Mom.

Isn't that the truth! Before I was a mom, I can remember looking at Moms and thinking - wow, they just need to relax. Then I became one... "nuff said!

Glad he was okay! What a way to hear about it! I wonder, what did he have to say about it when you got home?

I was just wondering what did YOU do when you got home?

Wow, goosebumps reading this. I'm going to read this to my girls, who are always wanting to play in driveway (we have hill) that leads out onto dirt road.

Praise God for man going slow.

What did hubby have to say?? Or did he even know??

How is your son?? Ok, and scared at same time, I hope. But......is he still alive?? I would have been so scared I would have been hugging and at same time shaking and/or yelling at him, lol.

Hope this has scared him enough to pay better attention and to wear his helmet.

Lisa

First, thank God your son was not hit. I cannot imagine how you got through the rest of the service - I would have debated hugging and screaming at DS and DH during the whole speedy ride home.

The helmet issue is taken for granted until you know someone who has been in an accident. ExH's coworker was just messing around the culdesac on his bike, took and spill and landed on his head. He left behind a SAHM widow and 4 young kids. My boss' son Daniel was hit by a car while on his bike and was not wearing a helmet. He spent 2 weeks in ICU and months in therapy recovering his cognitive abilities. 2 years later, he just started college. Now when my 12 year old son protests wearing a helmet, I remind him of his dad's co-worker and Daniel.

1. What is "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!"?

"Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!" is a cookbook and kitchen tool set designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

2. What recipes are included in "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes for appetizers, main dishes, sides, and desserts. Some popular recipes include spicy chicken wings, stuffed peppers, and chocolate lava cake.

3. What kitchen tools are included in "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!"?

The kitchen tool set includes a variety of high-quality utensils, cookware, and bakeware. Some examples include a chef's knife, non-stick frying pan, and muffin tin.

4. Is "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!" is designed for cooks of all levels. The cookbook includes easy-to-follow recipes with step-by-step instructions, and the kitchen tool set is user-friendly and durable.

5. Can I purchase "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!" as a gift for someone?

Yes, "Yikes! Had the *#$%% Scared Out of Me Today!" makes a great gift for anyone who loves to cook or wants to improve their cooking skills. It comes in a gift-ready package and can be shipped directly to the recipient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies