• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Way to Network at Blog Conferences with Business Cards?

A
Adrian
Now that I have my Pampered Chef website set up, I'm finally ready to order my business cards and labels. I've been trying to get to VistaPrint.com, but my computer seems to be "allergic" to this website. I've been trying to get through to it for 4 days and my computer keeps saying "Problem loading website", so I guess I'll just order them through the official website instead. It's a bit more pricey, but it does look much more professional.

Here's my question. I go to blog conferences with groups of other women bloggers. I went to one last year (in Las Vegas) and I'm going to three of them this year - two local and one in Phoenix. Since you are meeting a ton of new people, a lot of people have cards made up with their blog & Twitter info to hand out to all our new conference friends.

I'm debating whether to order special cards just for the conferences, or to hand out my PC business cards with a label on the back with my other info. Or I was even thinking about the recipe bookmarks again with my blog info on a label on the back.

Think back to your pre-PC days, would you think someone was being "pushy" if they handed you a card like that at a conference, or would you be OK with it? Would you be inclined to actually go in and order from someone in a situation like that, or would you go just "Oh, OK cool" and toss it in your bag?

These are going to be people I'm meeting for the first time, so I want to make a good impression, but on the other hand, this is a chance to meet a LOT of women from our target audience.

Thanks!

Adrian
Salt Lake City

I ordered mine with vistaprint and I had a recipe printed on the back because a lot of people told me they'd be more likely to keep it for the recipe.

Kelly - I LOVE that idea! I was going to use Vistaprint, but I don't like the idea of NOT using our logo. I wish we could just submit it to use! :( I will either bite the bullet & order from Merrill or print my own using the logo and product shots that somoen posted here. They are very nice & professional looking. Adrian - I think that would be fine - afterall, it is YOUR business. :)

I think that it sounds like a great idea to either use the recipe bookmarks or the business cards.

I personally would not have found that pushy..because you never know who needs something and they just don't know where to look for a consultant.

If they don't want the info then yeah they might just push it aside..for what you are doing if you don't mind spending the extra money to get the recipe bookmarks I would go that way..I think that they are more likely to keep it then because a lot of people love a new recipe..but that is just my opinion.

, UTHi Adrian,First of all, congratulations on getting your Pampered Chef website set up! That's a big step in your consultant journey.In terms of networking at blog conferences with business cards, I definitely think it's a great idea to have some cards with your blog and social media information to hand out to new contacts. As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have a unique opportunity to connect with potential customers and team members who are also bloggers and social media influencers.I personally think it's a good idea to have separate business cards for your Pampered Chef business and your blog. This way, you can tailor your pitch and information to each audience. However, if you prefer to save costs and use your Pampered Chef cards with a label on the back, that is also a good option.I don't think it would come off as pushy at all if you handed out your business cards at a conference. In fact, it shows that you are serious about your business and are actively looking for new connections and potential customers. Plus, with the added bonus of having your blog and social media information on the back, it can also showcase your personal brand and interests.In terms of whether people would actually order from you, it ultimately depends on your pitch and how you connect with them. If you have a genuine conversation and make a good impression, they may be more inclined to check out your website and potentially make a purchase or join your team.Overall, I think having business cards with your blog and social media information is a great way to network at blog conferences. It's a small but effective way to make a lasting impression and connect with potential customers and team members.Best of luck at your upcoming conferences!Sincerely,

1. What is the best way to network at blog conferences with business cards?

The best way to network at blog conferences with business cards is to be genuine and authentic. Make sure your business cards accurately represent your brand and include all relevant information, such as your blog, Twitter handle, and any other social media accounts. When handing out your business cards, be sure to have a conversation with the person and make a personal connection. This will make your business card more memorable and increase the chances of them checking out your blog and social media accounts.

2. Should I order special cards just for conferences or use my existing business cards with added information?

This ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget. If you have the resources, ordering special cards for conferences can be a great way to stand out and add a personal touch. However, if you are on a budget, using your existing business cards with added information, such as a label or bookmark, can still be effective in networking at conferences.

3. Would handing out a business card with a label on the back come across as pushy?

It all depends on the context and how you present it. If you make a genuine connection with the person and casually mention your blog and social media accounts, handing out a business card with a label on the back can be seen as a helpful way to remember your information. However, if you are aggressively pushing your business card onto people without making a connection, it may come across as pushy.

4. Would you be inclined to order from someone who handed you a business card at a conference?

It really depends on the individual and how well you connected with them. If you had a great conversation and genuinely enjoyed meeting them, you may be more inclined to check out their blog and potentially order from them. However, if you didn't make a strong connection or the conversation felt forced, you may just toss the business card in your bag and forget about it.

5. Is this a good opportunity to meet potential customers from my target audience?

Absolutely! Blog conferences are a great opportunity to network and connect with potential customers who are already interested in your niche. Make sure to have a clear understanding of your target audience and tailor your interactions accordingly. This can be a great chance to showcase your brand and potentially gain new followers and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • RaggedyAunt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
RaggedyAunt
  • cookinwithjen