• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yet another adj. tiered tower thread

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
Finally got around to calling in my adjustment b/c I can't get my tower together. One of the posts won't connect. I think the threads are stripped. I was surprised that HO wants my defective one back and are sending me a pre-paid label to get it back.

Have others had to send theirs back? Is the trend of defects large enough that they're taking a good look at this product or am I reading too much into this? I love it and don't want a stop sell on it.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
If they are getting a lot of complaints, then they probably do want to see exactly what is going on so that they can take up the complaint with the manufacturer. ;)

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
If it's under the 30 days, most times they do send a label and have products get returned. However, my pink dots martini glasses had some scratches and chipped dots, and when I did the adj. It said for me to just get rid of them. My guess is that it's because they are a fragile glass item and don't want to pay for them again and take a chance of them breaking during shipment. Another time they didn't ask for something back was on the bamboo towels. So maybe certain products it's not worth it to them.

Melissa78

Veteran Member
Gold Member
May 10, 2009
I guess I should take mine out of the box to ensure its ok - duh on my part.

elizabethfox

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2007
I haven't taken mine out of the box. Guess I need to go take a look at it!

Aunticooks

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2009
I had to call in the adjustment on my HWC Matini glasses and I have to send mine back. Guess its all in who you talk with.

KimoMakano

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2007
I had to do an adjustment on mine. One of the posts was stripped and wouldn't tighten.
They send me a new one right away and a return label for the original.
I was sort of surprised since I told them the only problem was the post but they send me the whole thing!
Another question, was this supposed to have an extra set of washers?

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Yes, they are really thin and mine were stuck together -- definitely required my bifocals to see that they were stuck together and to get them apart!​

Mar 6, 2010
When we put ours together, the washers kept sliding out and are visible. Looks like there is something stuck to the plates. Anyone else have this issue? If so any suggestions on how we can avoid this? It really looks bad, and honestly I wouldn't want to buy this item if I were to see it the way ours goes together.

ShellBeach

Veteran Member
Sep 5, 2008
Thanks for the tip on the washers getting stuck together!
The info sheet did say there was an extra set of washers.
And in general, thanks for posting that some of them have had problems, so I made sure to get it put together before the 30 days were up!

Mine went together perfectly. Maybe they have fixed any manufacturing problems!

LilChefBeth

Novice Member
Dec 15, 2009
The washers on mine gradually slide out too! I dont know if I'm doing something wrong or not... I have no idea how to fix the problem either. :/

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
When we put ours together, the washers kept sliding out and are visible. Looks like there is something stuck to the plates. Anyone else have this issue? If so any suggestions on how we can avoid this? It really looks bad, and honestly I wouldn't want to buy this item if I were to see it the way ours goes together.

The washers on mine gradually slide out too! I dont know if I'm doing something wrong or not... I have no idea how to fix the problem either. :/

I'm not sure I am understanding this. :confused: How are the washers sliding out? Where are they going/showing up that people see? Could you post a picture so we can get a better look?

The top/bottom of the rod should be as wide as the washer, so the washer shouldn't be going anywhere. Are you over-tightening them and so it's squishing them out?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefZee
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
higoobs
Replies
Views