• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yes" then "No" - My Business Journey in 4 Months

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of following up with potential show hosts and the importance of consistently reaching out to them using various forms of communication such as phone calls, emails, and texts. The speaker also suggests asking for a specific date and penciling it in for the host to create a sense of commitment. It is also mentioned that it is important to not take it personally if a host does not respond or declines to host a show. The conversation ends with the suggestion to keep reaching out to potential hosts even if they do not initially respond, as they may still be interested in hosting a show in the future.
pchefcdz
Gold Member
My first 4 months of business, I had a really great experience with anyone that said "Yes, I want to host a show", the next 2 months were all "No", and now "Yes" but no call or email or text or smoke signal back after I call them. If I talk to them, I do not get a committed date then no call back. Yes, I follow up .... If I leave a VM, no reply.

I call approx every 3-7 days and also use email if I have it to follow up.

Any suggestions???

We've all been there - we are there now!

It's not their JOB to call us back, it's ours to make the call. I try to get a date as soon as they say yes, otherwise, I play phone tag just like everyone else. I find it extremely rare that someone who does not have a committed date on my calendar is going to call me back simply because I left a message. I have enough trouble getting through to confirmed hosts that I'm actually coaching for their shows.

I suggest that when you initially talk to them you find out what the best way to reach them is. If they are on top of texts, then send them a text. If they prefer email, do it that way. And honestly, the phone seems to be the last choice for everybody anymore.

You are doing what you can do. We just have to keep plugging away. This is where the three actual contacts a day come in. Voice mails, emails and texts don't count - especially if you aren't getting responses for them.

Thank you for the input! Most of the "Yes, I want to have a show" was from a table I had set up at a fitness place. I don't know many people in the area so I am doing what I can to grow my business.

I would like to be a director in the next few months but I have MUCH to learn! I honestly did not realize 3 contacts do not include alternatives forms of communication. Thank you!

I love your enthusiasm and willingness to step outside the box, look for business, and work to grow! Way to go.

I'd like to suggest that you try something like this as soon as they express interest in hosting: "Wonderful, now I do shows on xx days and xx days. Which one is better for you? Great, I have the xxth and the xxrd available (or my next available xxday is __). Could we PENCIL YOU IN for one of those?"

The idea of "pencilling in" makes the person feel less committed, and thus less pressured. But, it also registers in their head that that is their date for their party. You can tell them they can check with hubby/kids commitments, etc. to see if there's a conflict and you can always change if you find you forgot about another commitment. Otherwise, you can then proceed with the party planning!

I do this too. I got 14 yeses at the state fair and not one said yes when I followed up. Not only that most did not even respond to the phone call or e-mail I told them I would send. I handled this the only way I could, I stopped calling and moved on. I can not make them say yes, I can not make them call me back. So I can not waste my time on those.
The other thing - QTIP! Quit Taking IT Personally.

If you're not reaching people via phone, that doesn't mean give up though. I've had quite a few instances now where they just stay on my rotating list, once a month and I even say in my voicemail: If you're no longer interested in hosting a show, please do give me a call back, otherwise you will stay on my call list. When I say that after a while of calling, they will call back sometimes and let me know they're just not interested OR I've had a lot of these lately - they call back and tell me they do want to host a show and have just been too busy to call me back before and they really do book a show! Just because they don't answer the phone, doesn't mean they'll never be interested. They have stuff going on just like we do. Matter of fact, my show this weekend is a lady who I met at a fair, I called once a month for over a YEAR and she returned my call one day saying yes, she'd like to do a show and booked it :)

1. What is "Yes" then "No" - My Business Journey in 4 Months?

"Yes" then "No" - My Business Journey in 4 Months is a program designed by Pampered Chef to help individuals start their own successful business in just four months.

2. How does the program work?

The program is divided into four phases, with each phase lasting one month. Each phase focuses on a specific aspect of starting and growing a business, such as setting goals, building a customer base, and marketing strategies.

3. Is the program only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the program is open to anyone who is interested in starting their own business. While it is designed by Pampered Chef, the principles and strategies taught can be applied to any type of business.

4. Do I need any prior business experience to participate in the program?

No, the program is designed for individuals of all experience levels. Whether you are a seasoned entrepreneur or just starting out, the program will provide you with valuable insights and tools to help you succeed.

5. What kind of support will I receive during the program?

Throughout the program, you will have access to a dedicated mentor who will provide guidance, support, and accountability. You will also have access to a community of fellow participants who can offer advice and encouragement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mzpatient
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies