• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yard Sale: Selling Pampered Chef Products - Need Advice!

design a custom kitchen for them on one of your cooking shows. This way you can be sure you are getting someone that is serious about wanting your services and you know they will be coming back.Good idea! You could also offer a cooking class for the same price or lower than the Pampered Chef cooking class.
Jennie4PC
My mom is having a yard sale on Sat so i want to try to sell some PC products from the catolog but I am unsure of how to go about selling the products, the ones who have done this do the just walk around and let the people know you are selling PC or do you sit at the table with a big sign saying PC for sale any info would be greatly appreciated

Great question!I myself am having a yardsale in the middle of September and was wondering the same thing. I mean, yardsalers aren't coming looking to buy PC but I don't want to miss an opportunity!

I had thought of that also. But, I feel that when I go to a garage sale, I am looking for a bargain and to buy something cheap. Also, how are you going to get everything delivered to people who are coming to your sale that you dont know. And...are you going to have another person there manning the garage sale part...the people who are wanting to purchase from the garage sale may get irritated waiting for you to figure up the PC or vice versa. These are just my thoughts.

My suggestion would be to keep some mini catalogs and information on becoming a consultant or a host. I wouldn't set something up for them to order primarily because people that go to garage sales do not plan on spending a lot of money. If you have info posted and readily available for people interested to receive "FREE" and "DISCOUNTED" products, you might have some leads. Make sure you get phone numbers for anyone interested. :D

Thats true...guess you could just have a display with drawing slips and catalogs, and not take orders.

I did that this past weekendI set up a card table with a few catalogs and the mini new catalogs , i put my PC table cloth over the card table so people saw it, I didnt put out any products i didnt want people to think it was part of the Yard sale ! I have a few picture frames i use to put the guest special in and the host special for september. So they could see , I also had my Show door prize slips out , with a jar saying $10.00 Pc gift certificate drawing. I didnt push the Pc , i had a lot of people take catalogs and info . So far nothing but ya never know ! At least i got my name out there a bit ! I would say it is worth a shot ! Nothing to loose ! :)

Do it like at a festivalHave a table with a small display of products like you would at a fair or festival. Have old recipe cards to give away, recruiting information and some catalogs. Use it as a booking/recruit opportunity. If someone really wants to order a food chopper right then, or whatever, do an outside order with direct shipping (rates are on the back of the sales receipts or PP receipts) and add the order to a show you will be submitting soon - which helps that host. Or if you have enough orders, submit it as a show with consultant as host!

Good luck and have fun!

"FREE kitchen show"I would do a drawing for a Free Kitchen Show. Have customers fill out a prize slip, and then have a drawing for a free kitchen show. That is, you'd provide the ingredients and paper products. If you want, call them all and tell each one he/she was the winner! It may cost you a few dollars for the ingredients (tax write off, though!), but it would be a great way to drum up new business.

Good luck!

Diane

It is worth setting up table at your yard sale. Even if you feel like you don't get anything out of it, you will get exposure. I had a yard sale just before conference for 2 days. I had one lady take a couple of catalogs and ask about a catalog show but she wouldn't leave me her info. I will probably never hear from her again.

But.... I also had a recruit lead. I am still trying to set up a time to meet with her. She tells me that she really wants to talk to me about PC but she has been right out straight the last few weeks. She has asked me to call her on Monday Morning. I'll let you know how it goes. Even if that is all I got outof the 2 days I think it was WELL worth it!

I would suggest instead of giving them Pampered Chef catalogues ask potential customers if they would like you to send them a new catalogue coming out in September. That way you can get their address and phone #. You will always have that info and can keep in contact with them. You would also have the upcoming fliers for the host and guest specials on display. That way people that are on the edge of whether to host a show or not will know the great specials coming up.

I had a yard sale last month-
I set up a table with the table cloth on it and some Framed flyers- one saying that if you place an order today...enter to win a PC gift basket. Also had a sign up sheet to receive a PC newsletter by email with new recipes and tips every month. Then, I had old recipe cards, stamped with my info, for people to take. I also had paring knifes, cake testers, Season's Best, and some other small things for sale- at regular price. ALL of that sold, I had a few people sign up for the emails, and had a lot take recipe cards. I don't know if I'll get any calls, but I got my name out there and got used to "selling" myself and the right words when approaching people.

Now I have a question. I'm a new consultant - I just signed up last week. :)
Can people put in 'individual orders'? Meaning they don't go to a show and they know you sell PC and just want to place an order with you? Can we do that?

Thanks! :D

Yes, people can place individual orders and usually people will do this if they want the item shipped to them directly (they live out of town) or they don't want to wait for you to close a show out. If I get an individual order, I ask them if it's alright if I add it to my current hosts show (so she'll get host benefits and she'll appreciate you trying to help her out) and then I'll try to meet up with them after the products have been shipped. You can also add the order to the current hosts show and still have that order pay direct shipping prices and the items will be delivered to their door. It's just a nice way to help your host that has gone out of her way to have a show for you. Great customer service. :) I hope this makes sense!!

Also-you can get a bunch of orders together and send in a show yourself (if it reaches the $150 before s/h and tax) and get the host special for the month if it's really something you want. I have done that a few times.

If you send in an individual order on its own, it doesn't count toward a show total or anything. You do make commission on it but if you need to turn in so many shows in one month to reach a sales goal, go out and ask people if they would like to place an order!

Last edited:
Oh good! Thanks for the information! :D I suppose it would work out well for me if I get a lot of individual orders to just make it a show with myself as the host - that would really work out well if I have a slow month or can't get anyone to host a party. And I really like that idea of adding it to the current hosts show if I have one going on - and I'm sure they'd love it too!

Thanks Again! :)

I just have to tell you what I did at a yard sale that my mom had!!! It was so great!!! I set up a display table and then made signs to enter to win a $20.00 gift certificate. Then when people came up I just talked to them like you would at the fair. Asked them if they would be interested in the drawing then if they enterd, I asked them if they would like a catalog. When the yard sale was over, I had one of my children draw a slip. I sent her the gift certificate and she was thrilled. Then I sent everyone else that did not win a $5.00 gift certificate that I made on Works.I had 40 people that entered the drawing and you know how you can never get ahold of every one at once. So, it is not like you are all the sudden going to put out tons of money. Plus some people just enter to win something free and do not really want to order anything. ;) Then I called everyone after I mailed thier gift certificates to see if they wanted to order something. Out of 40 people 6 ordered something and got thier 5 dollars off. They all had pretty good orders so, it was not that big of a deal. I made more that the 30 dollars that I spent. But the best part is.... I got 11 bookings from that little yard sale!!!! :) That was in June that we had the yard sale. I had the first one of the "yard sale shows" last month and got 5 bookings out of the 8 people that were there. And the hostess put me in touch with all her friends that had just lost thier consultant because she got out of the business!!! The rest of my shows are booked for September October and Novermber. Hope they all go as well as the first one!!!
So, moral of my long :eek: story. Go for it!!! People who yard sale do LOVE Pampered Chef!!! Have a great yard sale!! :)

Good Job!WOW Rachel!! That's great!! Way to go on all of those booking!!!! It sound slike you'll be earning the show to go totes in no time!!!! We might be having a yard sale next month, I think I just might set something up for that!! I may even throw some free kictchen shows in the mix! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing Rachel! That's a great story. Hmmm...Maybe I should have a garage sale. :)

Those are all great yard sale idea's! What does your flyer say on it that you guys are putting up? I'm very new at this! I have my open house, which is actually my first show tomorrow, and I really suck at putting flyers together! I'm having a yard sale labor day weekend! So if anyone has a flyer that they can send me that would be great! Even if I have to modify it! Thanks in advance!
[email protected]
;)

Q: Can I sell my Pampered Chef products at a yard sale?

Yes, you can sell your Pampered Chef products at a yard sale. However, it is important to follow the company's policies and guidelines for selling products outside of a traditional party or event.

Q: Do I need permission from Pampered Chef to sell products at a yard sale?

Yes, you need to obtain permission from Pampered Chef before selling products at a yard sale. This is to ensure that you are following the company's guidelines and representing the products accurately.

Q: How should I price my Pampered Chef products at a yard sale?

It is recommended to price the products at a discounted rate from their original price, but not too low that it devalues the products. You can also offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple products.

Q: Can I offer samples or demonstrations at my yard sale?

Yes, you can offer samples or demonstrations of Pampered Chef products at your yard sale. This can help attract potential customers and showcase the quality of the products.

Q: What is the best way to advertise my yard sale selling Pampered Chef products?

You can advertise your yard sale selling Pampered Chef products through social media, local community groups, and by creating flyers to distribute in your neighborhood. You can also mention it to friends, family, and customers who may be interested in purchasing the products at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
beepampered
  • jayswife07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies