1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Yard Sale Publicity

1. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

I live in a neighborhood that is on a one mile circle...picture it like a lollipop, the entering street is the stick and the homes are around the candy :) Anyway, we are having a huge neighborhood yard sale tomorrow and I feel that it could be a wonderful opportunity to expose my business, make new contacts, and possibly even book some shows close to home. I am looking for creative ideas on how to market my business. Any ideas?

2. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

Creative? Just be sure to have catalogs (mini if you have them) and a sign with upcoming specials. Maybe products from the mini and full kit.

Definitely advertise! I had a friend (out of state) do this and got a booking right away. Good luck!

Maybe wear your apron (good place for change to go anyway. Use a PC tablecloth if you have a "check out" table.

Apr 24, 2009
  3. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

Set it up like any other booth but let customers know that items are display only. If you have any small items, SB, CP, etc. set them out as cash & carry. Have a drawing with dpslips. Hand out recipe cards (with your info) and catalogs.

Apr 24, 2009
  4. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Most people who go to yard/garage sales are looking for a bargain. So make sure you put up a sign outlining our host benefits. Put out a sign-up sheet for people to indicate that they're interested in hosting and/or getting your newsletter. You can also put out a sheet taking orders for the HWC items. John (pampered1224) shared a pledge sheet he's been using.

Apr 24, 2009
  5. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I was at a rummage sale a couple weeks ago and found out that the CASH 'n CARRY was the way to go. Also, if someone is already in love with PC, they will want your information if they do not have a consultant of their own. MAKE SURE YOU GET THEIR INFORMATION BEFORE THEY LEAVE YOUR TABLE. That was my mistake! I couldn't follow up with anyone that said they were interested in hosting a show.

Apr 24, 2009
Have something to add?