• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Incorrect Charges at a Show: What's the Best Approach?

In summary, the conversation was about how to handle a situation where a customer was charged the wrong total at a show. The consultant did not have a chance to verify each price on the order form due to a large party and people lining up to place their orders. One customer was short $21 and every price on her order form was incorrect, which the consultant suspects may have been done on purpose. The consultant is looking for a tactful way to ask for the remaining amount without insulting the customer, and would prefer not to absorb the loss. Suggestions include being honest and explaining the situation, going over the incorrect items and their correct prices, and giving the customer a choice to pay the difference or remove items from the order. It is also
RossDeb2
Gold Member
How do you all handle it when you have charged a customer the wrong total at a show. I don't always get to verify each price on the order form. I had a large party on Sunday and people were lined up to place their orders. Well, one lady was out by $21. Every price on her order form was out by a few dollars. I don't even know where she got the prices???? These prices were not even listed on the page???? Anyway, I'm looking for a tactful way to handle it when I call her to ask for the remaining $21 owed for her order. Any ideas? I don't want to insult her (and it was my fault for not checking each order):grumpy: but I do not want to absorb a $21 loss. She paid by cheque. Thanks for the help.:)

I'd just be honest. Ask her how she enjoyed the party, bring her back to the fun. Then: "I'm sure you remember how many people there were, I actually had a line! Unfortunately that meant that I was not able to check the order forms against the catalog while I was checking people out. I was finishing up your order at home and I realized some of the prices on the order form were not correct. I'm sorry I wasn't able to catch it before, but I wanted to rectify it with you right away."Then, I'd go over the items that are incorrect (did she take a catalog? That might be helpful), let her know what was on the order form, and what the correct price is. Then let her know what her new total is. "So with the S&H, the total is $XX.XX. I know you paid by check, so I can take a card over the phone for just the difference, or I can charge the whole thing to a card and tear up the check."Giving a choice like this helps get the order closed. If she pushes back, just say "Unfortunately I can't submit the order as is until I have the full amount. We can remove some items if you need to, but Suzy Hostess won't get credit for the order until it's completed."

I agree- call and just let her know- Hate to say it- but some people will take advantage of the situation and do that on purpose I've had someone do that to me. a good friend was sitting next to them and commented that I probably didn't check the "actual" price and she would make up her own... so when I put it in P3 that night I realized the diff, the friend called me the next day and told me... and I called the guest and said nicely-- I can get new payment from you- or take off x amount in product so you don't owe me anything- but I can't cover the extra cost and feel I caught it in a timely manner to inform you of what happend. I can't finalize the order without full payment. and apologized like I had no idea what they did..... she paid the diff. So- I loe what Noora said- sounds great. You should eat $21 when they had wrong prices on the form!!

I think what NooraK said is perfect- unfortunately I wasn't able to double check all the prices/totals at the show because there were so many people there! When I got home and entered your order I noticed it was short by $21.... I have a sneaking suspicion she did it on purpose, but I sincerely hope that I am wrong!

RossDeb2 said:
How do you all handle it when you have charged a customer the wrong total at a show. I don't always get to verify each price on the order form. I had a large party on Sunday and people were lined up to place their orders. Well, one lady was out by $21. Every price on her order form was out by a few dollars. I don't even know where she got the prices???? These prices were not even listed on the page???? Anyway, I'm looking for a tactful way to handle it when I call her to ask for the remaining $21 owed for her order. Any ideas? I don't want to insult her (and it was my fault for not checking each order):grumpy: but I do not want to absorb a $21 loss. She paid by cheque. Thanks for the help.:)

She didn't by any chance have a US catalog, or had already written out her list after looking at a US website, did she?

Just something to think about....

Noora's wording was great. That's exactly how I'd handle it, too.

ChefBeckyD said:
She didn't by any chance have a US catalog, or had already written out her list after looking at a US website, did she?

This was my first thought, as well.

ChefBeckyD said:

Maybe if you tell us some of the items and what she put down for prices, we can tell you if that's the case.

1. Why was the total charged at my show different than what was shown on my order form?

There are a few possible reasons for a discrepancy between the total shown on your order form and the total charged at your show. The most common reason is that the total on the order form does not include sales tax or shipping charges, which are calculated separately and added to the total at the end of the show. Another possibility is that the total on the order form may have been estimated and not reflect any adjustments or discounts applied during the show. Additionally, if there were any last-minute changes or additions to your order, this could also affect the final total charged at your show.

2. What should I do if I believe the total charged at my show is incorrect?

If you believe that the total charged at your show is incorrect, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant as soon as possible. They will be able to review your order and provide you with a breakdown of the charges. If there was an error, they will work with you to resolve it and ensure that you are charged the correct amount for your order.

3. Can I make changes to my order after it has been submitted at the show?

Yes, you can make changes to your order after it has been submitted at the show. However, depending on the timing and nature of the changes, it may affect the total charged at your show. If you wish to make changes to your order, please contact your consultant as soon as possible to make the necessary adjustments.

4. Will I receive a receipt for the total charged at my show?

Yes, you will receive a receipt for the total charged at your show. Your consultant will provide you with a detailed receipt that breaks down the charges for each item in your order, as well as any applicable taxes and shipping charges. If you did not receive a receipt at the show, please contact your consultant and they will be happy to provide one to you.

5. Are there any fees or charges associated with ordering at a Pampered Chef show?

No, there are no additional fees or charges associated with ordering at a Pampered Chef show. The total charged at your show will only include the cost of the products you have ordered, any applicable sales tax, and shipping charges if applicable. There are no hidden fees or charges, and your consultant will always be transparent about the total cost of your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Chefstover2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mgoodson
  • kaseydee