• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should You Do When the Wrong Item Is Shipped to a Customer?

I'm glad it wasn't for one of the two people I had order birthday gifts for people. I already put a call into the Home Office and am waiting for a call back. I would love to hear from anyone else who has had something like this happen...should I offer my customer something as a "thanks for your patience" gift?
sklay723
Gold Member
I had an Open House Jan. 6, placed the order Jan. 8, and it arrived on my doorstep today. Yay for fast turnaround! I just finished sorting everything out for each customer, and came to realize that instead of the Woven Round Tray I was shipped the 10" Saute Pan. That's a pretty big mixup, isn't it? Anyway, I'm lucky because it's for the one person who will not have a complete cow about it (a small cow, but not a complete cow!). Thank goodness it wasn't for one of the two people I had order birthday gifts for people. I already put a call into the Home Office and am waiting for a call back. Does anyone have advice on what will happen now? I'm assuming that HO will want me to ship this back to them, and that they'll ship the correct item out. I would love to hear from anyone else who has had something like this happen...should I offer my customer something as a "thanks for your patience" gift?

In my experience they will have FedEx pick up the wrong item and ship out the new item right away.

That's been my experience, too.

HO will give you a ref# and have fedex pick up the wrong item(at no charge), then once they receive it they will send out the correct item.

It's totally up to you to offer your customer something as a "thanks for your patience" gift? Give a season's best cookbook or 10% off next order.

I don't usually offer anything extra. Within the first 30 days, they're pretty good about shipping the correct item out quickly, especially if they're picking it up at from the consultant.

Well, I talked to HO...they are having FedEx do a pickup from me tomorrow. They are also processing the correct item and shipping it directly to the customer, to save her the trouble of waiting for me to get it to her once I receive it.
Had to laugh though...when she asked me what item was shipped instead of the correct one, I told her it was the Executive 10" saute pan...then she told me it couldn't be, because they don't have that in a box by itself to send out. Apparently since it's part of a set, she didn't think it was possible. That's when we realized it was a piece that had been boxed individually for Pan-O-Rama, so that consultants could order it as a separate item if they wished. Too bad...I was too new for Pan-O-Rama to help me any, and that would have been a very nice pan to have!!!

sklay723 said:
Well, I talked to HO...they are having FedEx do a pickup from me tomorrow. They are also processing the correct item and shipping it directly to the customer, to save her the trouble of waiting for me to get it to her once I receive it.
Had to laugh though...when she asked me what item was shipped instead of the correct one, I told her it was the Executive 10" saute pan...then she told me it couldn't be, because they don't have that in a box by itself to send out. Apparently since it's part of a set, she didn't think it was possible. That's when we realized it was a piece that had been boxed individually for Pan-O-Rama, so that consultants could order it as a separate item if they wished. Too bad...I was too new for Pan-O-Rama to help me any, and that would have been a very nice pan to have!!!

Wow, what a mix up!!

1. What should I do if I received the wrong item in my order?

If you received the wrong item in your order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We will work to resolve the issue and get the correct item shipped to you as quickly as possible.

2. Is there anything I need to do to return the wrong item?

No, you do not need to return the wrong item. Our customer service team will provide you with a prepaid shipping label to send the item back to us.

3. How long will it take for me to receive the correct item?

We strive to provide fast turnaround for any mixups with orders. Once we receive the returned wrong item, we will ship out the correct item to you within 1-2 business days.

4. Will I be charged for the shipping costs for the correct item?

No, we will cover the shipping costs for the correct item if there was a mixup with your order.

5. Can I still use the wrong item that was shipped to me?

Yes, you can still use the wrong item that was shipped to you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding while we work to get the correct item to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • rennea