• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Show: Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares Demo

In summary, Kathleen provides a summary of her preparation for her first show. She has found helpful demos on this site that have given her a starting point. She is in the process of creating her own written demo and is listing the steps for making the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. She is also listing other related items she might want to discuss. Kathleen is getting ready to sign and order her kit, but is also preparing a demo for the show. She is attaching a rough draft of the recipe to her post.
kam
Staff member
Hello all,

I am getting ready to sign and order my kit, but I am trying to get ready for my first show in the meantime.

I searched on this site and found some really nice demo run-throughs for specific recipes and shows. These have given me a great starting point.

I am in the process of creating my own written demo for the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. I am listing the steps for making the recipe, but along the side, I am listing the products that I am using (so in the future, I can look at the list and grab the items I need for each particular recipe). I also wanted to list other related items I might want to discuss.

I started by listing the product with it's product# and the price. Does anyone seem to feel that it is helpful to have either the product # or price handy during the show during the demo??

I have attached a very rough draft if anyone has any feedback.

Thanks!
Kathleen

Attachments

• Ham_and_Cheese_Brunch_Squares.doc
    34 KB · Views: 593
Wow, I think this is great! I love your format. Please share if you do any more.

You are off to a good start Kathleen.

You might consider breaking the sheet down into 3 by 5 cards and have each section on a different card.

It is sometimes easier to follow when it is in segments.

Don't forget ~ you will get some demo cards in your kit....with a few recipes.

Looks great, Kathleen!

Kathleen,
Some people sorta avoid mentioning each price as a strategy. Remember you're focusing on benefits--how the product will make their life easier, etc. Price is not going to be the issue. What some people do is mention the catalog page number so that if the person wants to follow along and jot something down, they know where to turn to.I had a Senior Exec Director tell us that she doesn't even remember prices (you will remember the keys ones like the Santoku knife and the chopper). I like to occasionally mention that nearly 60 percent of the items in the catalog are under $10. Other people will mention price when it's something pricey--like for example--a 12 in. skillet. But you do it to say that as a hostess you can get it for half-off. Hope this helps!You're off to a great start!

If you do put them on 3x5 cards, I would be sure to number the cards somewhere in case they get dropped.

Thanks for the great information! I did not know that I would get some demo cards in my kit - I CANNOT WAIT! Does anyone know what the demo cards are for this fall kit?

I was hesitant to put this demo on 3x5 cards in case I "mix" them up - so numbering them would be a great idea.

I originally wanted to put catalog page numbers next to each product - but I couldn't face re-numbering every demo each time a catalog comes out. (I hope to have quite a few of these at some point). I originally had product# and price next to each item - but removed that info. Yes, I figured mentioning price might not be a good idea - but I didn't know if I should be able to "spout" it off in case anyone asked. I think I will leave price off.

Here is my soultion: I think...
For each catalog that comes out, I could make a master list of Product# and page# -it shouldn't take too long?? I would then have this master list sorted by product#. Then, I can list the product# on my demo and easily refer to my master catalog page list. That way my demo does not contain outdated info. I am assuming there are only 2 catalogs each year??

I should be able to post my results soon!

Thanks again!

OK, Here is what I ended up for my demo.

Thanks everyone for looking at it. I am definitely getting nervous about my first show.

I think the only thing I will add will be an actual copy of the recipe at the bottom of the page. (Since I deviated from it - in case someone wants to know the actual recipe). I am hoping that CC has the recipes so I can just copy and paste into my demo - intead of re-typing!

Also, I made up a master list of the catalog: Prod# and Page#. It only took about 20 minutes. Even if I don't use it, it helped me learn the catalog. I feel like I REALLY know where everything is and how it is organized!

Thanks Again!

Attachments

• Demo_HamandCheeseBrunchSquares.doc
    66 KB · Views: 531
Kathleen,
On this board somewhere I've seen people talk about how they make the guests help them out with the page numbers by making it into a game. They give them choc kisses or something. Just a thought! By the way, nobody expects you to memorize everything so soon! When you get access to the Consultant Corner site you'll be able to see the demo videos of lots of products (I needed it for the mandoline for sure!). This will help you, too.Good luck!

Wow Kathleen, you are really ready to go.

kam said:
OK, Here is what I ended up for my demo.

Thanks everyone for looking at it. I am definitely getting nervous about my first show.

I think the only thing I will add will be an actual copy of the recipe at the bottom of the page. (Since I deviated from it - in case someone wants to know the actual recipe). I am hoping that CC has the recipes so I can just copy and paste into my demo - intead of re-typing!

Also, I made up a master list of the catalog: Prod# and Page#. It only took about 20 minutes. Even if I don't use it, it helped me learn the catalog. I feel like I REALLY know where everything is and how it is organized!

Thanks Again!

Can I see a copy of your list of the catalog you made. Several seasons back someone had made a master list with those things and the price. I used it as my wish list for guest. It was alphabetical, and they could see the page numbers to go to it in the catalog!!!

You can get the lists from CC under products. Sorted be price, page number, item number, or alphabetically.

I just signed up and have my first show in a week and a half and was going to do this exact thing. Tonight I am looking over all the forums for any good ideas.

What is CC? I was going to get the product list.
Andrea

CC is Consultan'ts Corner - it's our web site with TONS of information for us. It uses the same login as Pampered Partner.

Looks great Kathleen! Good Luck with your show and welcome to PC and chefsuccess! :)

kam said:
Thanks for the great information! I did not know that I would get some demo cards in my kit - I CANNOT WAIT! Does anyone know what the demo cards are for this fall kit?

When I got mine in late August, it came with cards for Three-Cheese Garden Pizza, Strawberry Amaretto Pastries (which I got a ton of compliments on and recipe requests for), and the Elegant Atichoke Cups. The cards were very helpful for my first show.

What ingredients do I need for the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares?

The ingredients you will need for the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares are:

• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 lb Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon water

Can I use a different type of cheese or meat in the recipe?

Yes, you can definitely customize the recipe to your liking. You can use any type of cheese and deli meat that you prefer. Some popular options include cheddar cheese and turkey or prosciutto.

Do I need any special equipment to make the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares?

You will need a baking sheet and a pastry brush to make the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares. If you don't have a pastry brush, you can use a spoon or your fingers to spread the egg wash.

Can I make the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the squares up to a day in advance and keep them in the refrigerator. When you are ready to bake them, just brush the egg wash on top and bake as directed. This is a great option for busy mornings or when hosting a brunch party.

What is the best way to store leftovers of the Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares?

The best way to store leftovers is to wrap them tightly in foil or store them in an airtight container. They will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • sarahsellcm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies