• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ins or Itemized: Choosing the Best Tax Deduction Method - Tips & Benefits

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned--but it's a lot harder to keep track of inventory if you're using just OOFs. If you're using write-ins, then you can easily see what's available and what's running low.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Which did you all select........ and why?

I always select the write-ins. We have so many products, my guests have trouble finding what they want on the itemized lists.

Write-ins. That way you can still use them even if they "expire" just by tearing off the wish list on the back. I had too many complaints from customers that couldn't find what they were looking for on the itemized ones.

Write-ins. I think they are just easier to use.

Write-ins!

They are much easier.
I can carry them over to the next season (just remove the back page)
And, I can SEE them (I have a hard time reading the itemized w/o my glasses on)

I'm the same as everyone else - write-ins.
I think I heard or read somewhere that something like 80% use the write-ins.

Write ins! When I first saw the two, the itemized totally overwhlemed me! Plus, like Linda said, you can use them for the next season if you have left overs!

Write ins! Even when we didn't have them yet and only had the itemized, I used to use the outside order forms as my "receipts" at shows, b/c the print is so small on the itemized and the items are so hard to find. You would think it would be easy for people to just check things off, but I've found that even though it's less work to check off an item than write it in, people order more from me on the write-ins b/c they're not completely overwhelmed by both the catalog (which is overwhelming enough) and then that huge, gigantic, itemized receipt!! That's interesting that 80% use the write-ins - I wonder if they've considered just going to the write-ins exclusively from now on? Most other direct sales companies only use write-in forms now, too (from recent experience, Silpada, Tupperware, SLAH, all do the write-ins). Only Tastefully Simple and Creative Memories has the itemized from what I've seen lately.

raebates said:
I always select the write-ins. We have so many products, my guests have trouble finding what they want on the itemized lists.
DITTO!!! I agree. It is much easier to write in what you want then searching for it on that huge sheet of paper!

cathyskitchen said:
Write ins! Even when we didn't have them yet and only had the itemized, I used to use the outside order forms as my "receipts" at shows, b/c the print is so small on the itemized and the items are so hard to find. You would think it would be easy for people to just check things off, but I've found that even though it's less work to check off an item than write it in, people order more from me on the write-ins b/c they're not completely overwhelmed by both the catalog (which is overwhelming enough) and then that huge, gigantic, itemized receipt!! That's interesting that 80% use the write-ins - I wonder if they've considered just going to the write-ins exclusively from now on? Most other direct sales companies only use write-in forms now, too (from recent experience, Silpada, Tupperware, SLAH, all do the write-ins). Only Tastefully Simple and Creative Memories has the itemized from what I've seen lately.

That is what I did too until we had the option of write-in receipts! My director still uses the OOF's. I use the write ins because it's less work for me!

Write-Ins. I think they are easier. They're cheaper, too, aren't they?

Write in's...I love them! :love: I tell folks that I LOVE these forms cause it means that no one has to find what they want in both the catalog AND the order form. I know there are some excellent consultants who swear by the itemized form...but I find it way to difficult to keep up with all the category descriptions, product names, etc. With the write-in forms you just have to find it in the catalog. If someone says "how much is the so-and-so, or what page is this-and-that on" I have the audience find it for me and call out the page number.

Write-ins... Thumbs up all they way:thumbup:

This is funny--I asked the same question back 4 months ago (I think; it's a thread titled the same as this)! Everyone told me write-ins--unanimously. I finally got to see what an itemized receipt looks like now since we got one in this changeover kit (I had not seen one since about 4 years ago when I was a customer). The itemized ones are an 11x17 spread that looks super-intimidating!!!! Yikes!! Write-ins for me for sure!!!

ChefBeckyD said:
That is what I did too until we had the option of write-in receipts! My director still uses the OOF's. I use the write ins because it's less work for me!

The one big problem with just using OOFs is that I was not giving a receipt to the customer the night of the party when they paid. That's actually against the law - they have to receive a receipt upon payment, esp. since all of our receipts have the cancellation policy printed on the back (they have 3 days to cancel their order).

I did not realize this when I was using the OOFs, and once I did, I went back to the itemized until they announced the write-ins at conference (I literally jumped out of my seat and screamed!). That's why it was such a big deal to me! I used to write up 2 OOFs at the show for people who wanted a receipt, but when I realized I'd have to do it for everyone, I thought "NO WAY!". But I always hated the itemized.

Anyway, that's my story! :) Be careful if you're using the OOFs and not giving them a copy with the policy printed on the back! Oh, and also, I always print them front/back from CC for host packets b/c of the legal/cancellation policy as well.

Write ins.....I like them and so do the customers!

I use the write-ins because I would always have people bring me their list written on a sheet of paper (or my folder) and tell me that they can't find things on the itemized form.

kmschroll2001 said:
I use the write-ins because I would always have people bring me their list written on a sheet of paper (or my folder) and tell me that they can't find things on the itemized form.

Same reason for me. Write-ins are much easier all around.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm the same as everyone else - write-ins.
I think I heard or read somewhere that something like 80% use the write-ins.
When I spoke to one of the HO workers in the "new kit room" at Leadership, she said that the kit includes write-ins because about 80% of the receipts sold on supply order are write-ins.

Itemized. For two reasons.

1st. Sometimes people run out of room to write all the products that they want, especially on the latest write-ins . . . more lines were taken away when they added the direct shipping information. I don't want the number of lines to limit the sale.

2nd. If you are trying to create wish lists (for those all important business building customer care calls) the easiest way is to have people circle the item number of the products they'd like to have in their kitchens. Add them to PP as wish list items and you have information for future phone calls.

I joke with people about the size of the sheet, and then explain how to find things (it's not that tough). At check-out, I ask them if they were able to locate all the items that they wanted and if not, I find those items for them.

I love the write in order forms!! I used the itemized ones for my first show last year and didnt care for them

What is the difference between the "Ins" and "Itemized" tax deduction methods?

The "Ins" method refers to taking the standard deduction, which is a set amount determined by the government and based on your filing status. The "Itemized" method allows you to deduct specific expenses, such as medical expenses, mortgage interest, and charitable donations, from your taxable income.

Which tax deduction method should I choose?

The method that will benefit you the most will depend on your individual financial situation. If your total itemized deductions are higher than the standard deduction, then it would make sense to choose the "Itemized" method. Otherwise, the "Ins" method may be more beneficial.

Can I switch between the "Ins" and "Itemized" methods from year to year?

Yes, you can choose whichever method makes the most sense for your tax situation each year. Keep in mind that once you choose a method and file your taxes, you cannot change it for that tax year.

What are the advantages of using the "Itemized" method?

Using the "Itemized" method allows you to deduct specific expenses, which can potentially lower your taxable income and reduce your overall tax bill. It also gives you more control over which deductions you take, allowing you to potentially save more money.

Are there any downsides to using the "Itemized" method?

One potential downside of using the "Itemized" method is that it requires more record-keeping and documentation. You will need to keep track of all your expenses and have proof of these deductions in case of an audit. It may also take more time and effort to calculate and file your taxes using the "Itemized" method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • msmileyface
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tiggerhale
  • archie