• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Wreath Recipes for a Special Show!

but you could probably get away with just using a spoon.36 marshmallows6 Tbsp. butter (I never substitute)4 cups lightly crushed cornflakes1/2 tsp. vanilla extract1/2 tsp. almond extract1 tsp. green food coloringred cinnamon candiesMelt the marshmallows and butter together in 4 qt stockpot, remove from heat. Add extracts, and food coloring, mix well. Stir in cornflakes until well coated and green. Pour about 3-4 inches of hot water in 8 qt. stockpot. Place 4 qt. pot into the larger pot (this keeps the mixture warm longer so you have more time
ChefMoore
I'm doing a show for my mother in law this weekend and she wants me to make a wreath for the show (not for the demo, just to eat) I've seen other hostesses do them before, but I haven't tried one myself. They look easy enough but I don't have any of the recipes for them.

I was just wondering if anyone had any favorite wreath recipes. Either recipes that really go over well, or ones that are holiday oriented. Thanks!

I know there is one with corn flakes, marshmellows (melting marshmellows, and dying it green) using red hots to decorate. I will see if I can locate the recipe.

Cornflake Wreath Recipe

8 cups Cornflakes

1 Cube margarine

40 marshmallows

2 tsp green food coloring

RedHot candies

Measure cornflakes into batter bowl -it holds 8 cups exactly! Pour cornflakes into large bowl --- Set aside.

Melt margarine and marshmallows in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally- but not too much – should be foamy not soupy.

When melted, stir in food coloring – careful - it sputters! (adding water to grease).

Pour marshmallow mixture over cornflakes, gently tossing until all flakes are GREEN.

With spatula and buttered hands arrange mixture in wreath shape on large bar pan or cookie sheet. (I make individual sizes), this recipe is for one large one, but I like the small ones (easier to work with).

Garnish with RedHot candies arranged like holly berries.

Add a big red bow and a silk poinsettia if you like.

Guests can help themselves by pulling off a chunk or you can cut in wedges to serve

**Similar recipes have come out recently. Most call for less margarine but harden quickly and are not as easy to pull apart.

Use your imagination to create other Holiday shapes. Different cereals can be substituted as well as colors and candy trim. Rice Krispies make a smooth surface. Cherrios, Fruit Loops & Trix make interesting forms – some without adding color. Try a Big Pink Valentine Heart, Orange Pumpkin with candy features, small Easter eggs in different colors, nests for jellybeans.
Your imagination is the limit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some different filling for the Wreaths and Braids.

Attachments

• Fillings for Rings, Braids and Wreaths.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 624
Oh THAT KIND OF WREATH! LOL

vwpamperedchef said:
Oh THAT KIND OF WREATH! LOL
LOL! I can see where you would think of the other kind. :D
The one you posted looks great too though!

Thanks for the ideas! It's a big help!

I LOVE THE WREATHS!!!!! I have guests who will call me that didn't get the cookbook just get the recipe that I made from shows. I do the turkey cranberry wreath...except I use chicken instead and usually leave out the cranberries. I guess it ends up being more of a chicken salad ring. If you want the recipe I use, I'll send it to ya.

vwpamperedchef said:
I know there is one with corn flakes, marshmellows (melting marshmellows, and dying it green) using red hots to decorate. I will see if I can locate the recipe.

Cornflake Wreath Recipe
I realize the original poster wasn't talking about these (I think) but...

This is the must have recipe that my kids "demand" every year. I have been making these for over 30 years. It used to be a real pain. I used a lot of butter to keep the marshmallow and green off my hands, the pan was a pain to clean... BUT now I use my Executive Stock Pot and the small scoop (I rub a small amount of butter on the edge every so often) and clean up is very quick and my hands stay clean and ungreen (I made 4 batches this year and wore gloves when I needed to touch the mixture - nothing stuck to the gloves so I didn't waste butter and my hands stayed clean!). My dil has tried to make this recipe several times and hers are always very hard - probably uses too much cornflakes or not enough butter.

My recipe differs a little from the one posted. Here it is:

36 marshmallows
6 Tbsp. butter (I never substitute)
4 cups lightly crushed cornflakes
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. green food coloring
red cinnamon candies

Melt the marshmallows and butter together in 4 qt stockpot, remove from heat. Add extracts, and food coloring, mix well. Stir in cornflakes until well coated and green. Put about 3-4 inches of hot water in 8 qt. stockpot. Place 4 qt. pot into the larger pot (this keeps the mixture warm longer so you have more time to work). Using small scoop form balls of mixture. Push finger into centers to create wreaths and decorate with 3 cinnamon candies. When getting down to the last of the cornflake mixture, pick it up and pinch off pieces by hand (to prevent scratching your pan with the scoop). I wore gloves for this part. Allow to set, store in tins with parchment or wax paper between layers.

Last edited:

1. What is the main ingredient in the delicious wreath recipes?

The main ingredient in the delicious wreath recipes is crescent roll dough.

2. Are there any vegetarian options for the wreath recipes?

Yes, there are vegetarian options such as a vegetable and cheese wreath made with assorted vegetables and shredded cheese.

3. How long does it take to make a wreath recipe?

The prep time for most wreath recipes is about 15 minutes, with a baking time of 20-25 minutes.

4. Can the wreath recipes be made ahead of time?

Yes, the wreath recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.

5. Can the wreath recipes be customized for different dietary restrictions?

Yes, the wreath recipes can be customized for different dietary restrictions, such as using gluten-free or dairy-free ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCVal08
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • tkdlani
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sklay723