• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Feeding 20 at a Crowd with Chicken & Basil Wraps

In summary, 20 people are confirmed to come to the show. The host is making new chicken and basil wraps. Suggestions for how to make the wraps for a crowd of 20 are welcome.
jennyl
Wow, my host for tomorrow just told me about 20 people are confirmed to come! We're making the new chicken and basil wraps. How am I going to do that for 20!!!??? I heard a suggestion somewhere (here?) to use smaller wraps, and still cut them in half - so it goes farther... maybe I make some ahead of time so it's just one batch I'm making with everyone for a demo. I know we all want 20 people at a show, but I'm coming off a month where we're lucky to have 10 guests. Has anyone made these for a big crowd yet? Suggestions welcome!

Have not made these at a party, let alone a crowd but last night I made these for dinner. My shells were medium sized (10 inches?) They do cook up quickly but perhaps making them ahead or prepping everything would help.

Is there another consultant or customer that you know that lives nearby that could lend you their grill pan and press so you could have 2 pans going at a time?

Only suggestions I could think of. They are delicious and hope it is a great party for you!

I've done the Smokey Black Bean Chicken Wraps for that many at a show, but we weren't having to do the chicken in the grill pan. It was easier to cook in bulk & the guests did the assembly.You might want to start ahead of the guests. And since the stoneware is on special, maybe warm 2 bar pans & use one as a lid to keep them warm??? :D

Someone posted on a different thread to use the taco size shells so you make smaller portions and cut each in half to serve a larger group.

do the chicken in the baker and make the wraps on the gill pan. The amount of filling that is makes is really enough to mkae 5 wraps. cut small portions for the guests??

It's a "Sampling", not a meal. 1/2 of a regular tortilla would be a "meal"...truly, calorie wise...I would use the larger size tortillas recommended and cut the wraps into 2" pieces. That would give you approx. 4 sections per wrap (with a larger tortilla). 5 should do it -- make 6 if you want a few extras.Make a batch ahead so that you are not putting them all together in front of guests -- then you can cook 3 at a time to show how quickly they are cooked.Say this with me "I am not a CATERER!"

jwpamp said:
It's a "Sampling", not a meal. 1/2 of a regular tortilla would be a "meal"...truly, calorie wise...

I would use the larger size tortillas recommended and cut the wraps into 2" pieces. That would give you approx. 4 sections per wrap (with a larger tortilla). 5 should do it -- make 6 if you want a few extras.

Make a batch ahead so that you are not putting them all together in front of guests -- then you can cook 3 at a time to show how quickly they are cooked.

Say this with me "I am not a CATERER!"

Except these are not all that easy to cut into small sections. Maybe 3 or 4 per tortilla but smaller than that would be hard if not impossible. (for me anyway)

We found cutting any more than 2 portions from each made them fall apart. I'm going to try using tooth pics to hold them in place prior to cutting next time.

Yes, cutting the bigger tortillas is not easy. They fall apart quickly.And the chicken is cooked on the Small Ridged Baker, not the Grill Pan. So that's not an issue.I would try to have a batch made ahead of time and keep them warm in the oven.

I use toothpicks to hold the sections together.

Hi, everyone,
Thanks for sharing the ideas.
I didn't mention earlier, but yes, I was doing the chicken ahead of time in the Ridged Baker.
I did end up doing a bunch ahead of time. Kept some warm in the ridged baker while letting early birds also have their sample before we actually did the demo.
I had a guest help with the early batch too so that helped get someone hands on with that.

I did use the medium size wraps and cut them in half. I'm all about not trying to make a meal for people but as some said, when I've made the full-size they get a little messy when totally loaded and cut smaller than halves. The medium tortillas cut in half was perfect. I could get 4-5 shells filled per batch. Cut in half made enough for all to have a half!

What ingredients do I need to make chicken and basil wraps for a crowd?

To feed 20 people with chicken and basil wraps, you will need:

• 20 large tortilla wraps
  • 5 pounds of cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
  • 4 cups of fresh basil leaves
  • 4 cups of sliced tomatoes
  • 4 cups of sliced cucumbers
  • 4 cups of sliced bell peppers
  • 4 cups of shredded carrots
  • 4 cups of sliced avocado
  • 4 cups of crumbled feta cheese
  • 4 cups of your choice of dressing or sauce

How do I prepare the chicken and basil wraps in advance?

To prepare the wraps in advance, follow these steps:

• Prepare all the ingredients and store them in separate containers in the fridge.
  • Assemble the wraps right before serving, to prevent them from getting soggy.
  • Alternatively, you can make the wraps ahead of time and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil before storing them in the fridge.
  • When ready to serve, slice the wraps into bite-sized pieces and arrange them on a platter.

How do I make the chicken and basil wraps vegetarian-friendly?

To make the wraps vegetarian-friendly, you can substitute the chicken with grilled tofu or tempeh. You can also add extra vegetables, such as grilled zucchini or eggplant, to add more flavor and texture to the wraps. Additionally, you can offer a variety of sauces and dressings, such as hummus or tzatziki, for your vegetarian guests to choose from.

Can I make the chicken and basil wraps gluten-free?

Yes, you can make the wraps gluten-free by using gluten-free tortilla wraps. You can also substitute the tortilla wraps with large lettuce leaves for a healthier and gluten-free option. Make sure to check all the ingredients for potential sources of gluten, such as dressings or sauces.

How can I serve the chicken and basil wraps in a visually appealing way?

To serve the wraps in a visually appealing way, you can arrange them on a large platter in a circular pattern, with the different ingredients placed in sections. You can also garnish the platter with extra basil leaves or sliced lemons for a pop of color. Another option is to serve the wraps in individual serving bowls or plates, allowing guests to customize their own wraps with their desired ingredients and toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chef greta
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • mmilus