• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One...

So I totally get where you are coming from. I do think there should be a grace period for us after midnight but this time it didn't work out that way. I do think Jean should be contacted.
Nanisu
Gold Member
So I had a show last night (much against my better judgement) and told the host we would be submitting from her house. No problem. I had submitted a show earlier in the day as well, so my system had updated already (it updates every time you open it up, right?). So I was getting the orders in, had already connected to her internet, it was 11:56 Chicago time, we are frantically pickout out the last product. I hit submit at 11:57 Chicago time, the SYSTEM UPDATED, SHUT DOWN AND RE-STARTED, submission time shows 12:01. It shouldn't have updated, I had already done that....this show was $1100 and would have put me over the $6K mark for February, keeping with my goal of elite seller...

So, I took a deep breath, packed up my stuff and came home. Called this morning first thing and tech support told me the system updated at midnight last night with the new products, etc....I said "are you kidding me?? You did an update at midnight at the end of a double points month? Why don't you update at like 3 a.m. after everyone goes to bed?" So they put me through to solution center, who said basically tough darts, it says 12:01....I appealed to a supervisor, who said "nope, can't do it". Wow oh wow. My new rule, no more fire drills at the end of the month. I don't want to be mad about my business....I am just not going to do any shows the last day of the month. Period. But can you believe that? They updated at 12:00????

So I asked the solution center lady why would they do that, why don't they update well after the midnight deadline...and she said "well if we did that, then the people in Japan would get mad because they are on a different time spot (they are actually ahead of us so that was not a valid argument in my book), and I asked her "how many consultants do we have in Japan trying to submit at midnight compared to the continental US? (sorry Sheila, this is not meant to slam Japan, just seems like a stupid answer).

So my question is: 1) why would the IT guys schedule an automatic update at midnight at the end of a double points month, and 2) maybe they should re-think making a double points month at the end of a selling season?

Sheesh. I am ok, not happy, but ok. Flabbergasted, but ok.

oh, how frustrating!!!!! But yet people were complaining that the new stuff wasn't up online at midnight, so I don't get it.... Like anyone is staying up to submit their first March show at 12:01???I would send an email to Jean Jonas.

I would too. Every time we have an HO conference call, they start LATE ... but there is rarely grace for us. I would totally write to Jean if I were you.

Just to be clear, a show need to be closed by midnight, that means in the hands of Pampered Chef when the clock strike 12:00, not starting the submistion process or in the middle of the submission process, but closed and done. So if it updated a 12:00, your show should have been completely submitted and should not affect your program.

I am sorry this happened to you, but rules are rules and I have tell my own consultants this every single month.

BTW, I personally think it is silly to email Jean.

Ok... with that clarification... I agree with you Wendy. Sorry

She hit submit at 11:57 and usually that process takes 30 seconds, if that. I think Nancy has a valid complaint.

You're not offending me with the Japan comment. What she said made no sense. HO's midnight is 3PM in Japan. Those consultants are trying to hit the deadline just like the ones stateside. It doesn't matter if they are east coast, west coast, Japan or Germany ... everyone has the exact same deadline time and that would be HO's midnight. There's no reason why Tech Support should have done an update before midnight. Maybe their clock was faster & they did it as their clock turned from 11:59PM on the 29th to 12:00 AM on the 1st? 12:10 (or later) would have made more sense though to alleviate these types of questionable situations on whether or not you'd have made the deadline. Someone at HO wasn't thinking about that one.

Wow, Wendy, first of all I have been with the company for 12 years. I totally get the rules are rules idea. If you read my post I DID submit at the right time. I HAD been on during the day and updated--at 4:30 pm I submitted a show as well. At the hosts home, I HAD been connected to her internet, opened up the program and been putting in orders--so it should have updated THEN, not when I hit submit, at 11:57 Chicago time. It is what it is, I am not going to be wasting time or energy getting mad about this part of my business. But please, before you preach at me that rules are rules, read the post again. BTW, Home Office tech support called me back, and they show that it submitted at 12:00:36. By the time it updated and then re-started, it was 36 seconds past midnight. I don't think it's my fault that the program chose to update and re-start at that time, it should have done that when I logged on if at all, at 11:35....

I am not going to write to Jean about this. It would seem like whining. But, wow....

So sorry this happened Nancy, I'd be upset too. I'm sure you are probably not the only one this happened too. Hopefully HO will determine it was an unfair error on their side and will make it right. I remember a few years ago when the last day of the month was a Sunday and the system was down for a few hours in the evening, but back up a few hours before midninght. HO made an exception that month. You never know, but it does sting. {{{{hugs}}}}

Thanks, Linda....{{{{{hugs}}}}} back. You know, was, and still am in a funk about this job and am trying really hard to keep a good attitude about all of this, not just this but stuff in general. I just don't want to be mad about my business any more....so it is what it is...my tech support guy told me that there was a director who missed a trip one time because she was 57 seconds late in submitting...their records show I was 36 seconds over. Sheesh. Now THAT would have Pi**sed me off I think, LOL.

Oh Nancy, I can feel the frustration for you. I hope they do look at it. Seems like a splitting of hairs. How many others were dated that closely. Also understand not wanting to be mad at your business but it seems everytime you turn around there is something else coming at us that is costing us more. I hope they reconsider.

Nanisu said:
Wow, Wendy, first of all I have been with the company for 12 years. I totally get the rules are rules idea. If you read my post I DID submit at the right time. I HAD been on during the day and updated--at 4:30 pm I submitted a show as well. At the hosts home, I HAD been connected to her internet, opened up the program and been putting in orders--so it should have updated THEN, not when I hit submit, at 11:57 Chicago time. It is what it is, I am not going to be wasting time or energy getting mad about this part of my business. But please, before you preach at me that rules are rules, read the post again. BTW, Home Office tech support called me back, and they show that it submitted at 12:00:36. By the time it updated and then re-started, it was 36 seconds past midnight. I don't think it's my fault that the program chose to update and re-start at that time, it should have done that when I logged on if at all, at 11:35....

Nancy, It is not personal attack on you if I don't agree with you. I feel empathy for your situation, and I would be very bummed as well. I have been there trying to get a show in underwire and failed as well. I too thought I had a very valid case, but I was not given an exemption and I don't think you should be waived either.

I think we won't have this 'update' problem when the new system is rolled out -- at least I hope not!

No more updates & no more syncs ... I'm definitely looking forward to that! LOL

last night at 8:34 one of my consultants called (this was her 5th show this month so all it mattered to ehr was she would beat me in sales by approx $3) At 8:34 last night her date and time stamp read March 1 she was freaking out!!

I don't plan on them giving me an exception, just surprised that it updated at that point in time... Hopefully the new plan will alleviate these issues.

Teresa Lynn, that's weird! I submitted a show at 1:02 PM, then 2 more at 10:15 PM & 10:17PM & they all 3 have the correct dates.

she was texting, emailing and calling me she had feb specials and everything but it said 3/1 she was determined to get in touch w tech support i told her they would allow it for feb

So did they get it fixed?

Well, they didn't budge for me, but wahoo March shows $1075 already, LOL. I have been really praying about my attitude after my January rant and I did manage to befriend the second in command at tech support, he gave me his number and thanked me for not "exploding all over me, which I really expected, this is really not cool what the company is doing, and I can't believe you are so calm". So I am ok with it, oh well. I am thinking befriending the tech support guy might just come in handy in a couple of months when we switch over, LOL.

Nanisu said:
Well, they didn't budge for me, but wahoo March shows $1075 already, LOL. I have been really praying about my attitude after my January rant and I did manage to befriend the second in command at tech support, he gave me his number and thanked me for not "exploding all over me, which I really expected, this is really not cool what the company is doing, and I can't believe you are so calm". So I am ok with it, oh well. I am thinking befriending the tech support guy might just come in handy in a couple of months when we switch over, LOL.

Great job on your attitude and just imagine that you made his day!:sun: It is always helpful to know you made others feel better.

Keep your chin up, Nancy. Sounds like you are doing a good job of that. Again, many of us can feel you frustration.

I was wondering if they got the date fixed for your team member who submitted way before the deadline & had 3/1 as her time stamp?

What is "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..."?

"Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." is a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes created by Pampered Chef consultants. These recipes are perfect for busy families and are designed to be made with Pampered Chef products.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to access these recipes?

No, anyone can access and use the "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." recipes. They are available for everyone to enjoy and make in their own homes.

How can I access the "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." recipes?

You can access the recipes by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Recipes" tab. From there, you can search for "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." in the search bar or browse through the different recipe categories.

Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." recipes are common and can be found at most grocery stores. They are also budget-friendly, making it easier for families to enjoy delicious meals without breaking the bank.

Can I customize the "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! The recipes in "Wow, Wait Till You Hear This One..." are versatile and can be easily adapted to fit different dietary needs. Whether you are gluten-free, vegetarian, or have other dietary restrictions, you can still enjoy these tasty recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies