• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Wow Recipes Without the DCB for a Host with a Small Microwave?

In summary, August Bookings is looking for wow recipes that do not require a microwave. The host has offered to bring her microwave to the show, but the guest is not interested. The host has also offered to have her show at the host's house or a friend's house. The host has also offered to bring her oven to the show.
sunnygirl in nd
I have a host that is very motivated. She came to a show where I did the 13 minute barbecue sandwiches and a lava cake. She was so motivated she booked a show. The problem now is that she discovered her microwave is too small for the DCB. Now she is very disappointed because she wanted her guest to have the same wow factor that she did. Everything I've offered to her seems to not excite her as much. I know I'm making the cake for sure. Any other wow recipes not using the DCB?

Offer to bring your microwave to her house OR have her show at your house or a friend's house.​

Have you checked out the Power Cooking recipes?

Do you have the 12" skillet?If you do - make a skillet cake. That always WOW's people, and it would be a GREAT way to encourage August Bookings!:thumbup:2 cakes that always WOW are the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

LeslieSGI said:
Offer to bring your microwave to her house OR have her show at your house or a friend's house.​

that was my first thought!!

I don't know why I didn't think of this! Thank you! Mine is built in but maybe she knows of somebody. She wants the show in her garage so we could just plug it in out there! Thanks! I hope it works because she wants people to get excited about the DCB.

Ditto on the skillet cake

summer berry shortcakes are always a hit at my shows---of course they do require the oven....can use pound cake instead, but haven't tried it that way yet. Everyone is always impressed at how easy they are to make, can be brunch or treat and look impressive.

Could also do a trifle. Many people haven't made one before and can't believe how easy they are. My fav. is the lime berry mousse trifle.--season's best spring 07--I think.

Personally I wouldn't want to lug my micro to a show.

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you have the 12" skillet?

If you do - make a skillet cake. That always WOW's people, and it would be a GREAT way to encourage August Bookings!:thumbup:

2 cakes that always WOW are the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake, and the Pina Colada Upside Down Cake.

OMG Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake sounds to die for! I must get a 12" skillet if for no other reason, to make that! Thanks for the info - I don't think I've read about skillet cakes. Never heard of such but am very intrigued to try!

And don't forget about the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake -- these 3 skillet cakes were the reason I bought my first 12 inch skillet -- from there it was a short hop to "consultant-land" so I could "have it all" as my now director said!! That skillet is so versatile - it's my favorite cake pan -- and it can make great Skillet Lasagne and Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet and fabulous breakfast frittatas for a crowd. It's my favorite PC item today in case you can't tell. :love: ;)

LeslieSGI said:
And don't forget about the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake -- these 3 skillet cakes were the reason I bought my first 12 inch skillet -- from there it was a short hop to "consultant-land" so I could "have it all" as my now director said!! That skillet is so versatile - it's my favorite cake pan -- and it can make great Skillet Lasagne and Asian Pork & Noodle Skillet and fabulous breakfast frittatas for a crowd. It's my favorite PC item today in case you can't tell. :love: ;)

So many options...I really liked it when I went to a show with Cheryl (Koolotus) and she made the Creamy One-Pot Pasta in it (super yummo!). Its on my future wish list...perhaps if someone doesn't utilize the 60% off in August I may try to take advantage. Love your doggy :) He/She is beautiful! :cool:

LOL.....I have 2 shows coming up with no micro.....so send forth all your great skillet recipes.....oven is also another option....thanks!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL.....I have 2 shows coming up with no micro.....so send forth all your great skillet recipes.....oven is also another option....thanks!
Well, the Skillet Cakes are made in the oven - so you're covered there.I'm pretty sure all of the skillet cake recipes are in the files here.Okay - I just checked - most are there, plus a couple I'd forgotten about - the harvest apple skillet cake and Angel Almond skillet Cake - both delicious. the Pina Colada one is on CC under Seasons Best recipes - I think it was even in the last F/W SB.

Thanks Becky D! I feel bad that you checked the files for me....I was curious for everyones favs so that I could hone in on them! Thanks, as always, for being so sweet, helpful and going that extra mile for us! = )

I'm making them a bites n bevs show, I hope....just have to whittle it down and plan. It's next week, and they both booked yesterday! lol

Hijack - Congrats on a great June month....and while on vacation! Bravo!:D

The Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie is a wow for my guests, as well as the Summer Berry Layered Salad (with the homemade dressing). The brie is easy and people love it. The salad is also easy and gorgeous and delicious.Kelly

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks Becky D! I feel bad that you checked the files for me....I was curious for everyones favs so that I could hone in on them! Thanks, as always, for being so sweet, helpful and going that extra mile for us! = )

I'm making them a bites n bevs show, I hope....just have to whittle it down and plan. It's next week, and they both booked yesterday! lol

Hijack - Congrats on a great June month....and while on vacation! Bravo!:D

Had to check the files after I said they were all listed there. If they weren't I'd have posted them, but it clutters up the files to keep posting things that have already been posted.

I have LOVED every Skillet Cake I've made, and it's a great way to talk about the cookware. The Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and the Pina Colada Cake are my very favorites, but the Angel Almond Cake is a really good one for summer, since it's lighter, and uses fresh berries.

The year my son was born (5 yrs ago.) I didn't earn ANY of the June SAT (he was premature and born June 8) and I determined then that I wouldn't EVER let that happen again. I know that we go on Vacation in June, so I have learned to do what I need to do to make SAT happen!

KellyCooks said:
The Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie is a wow for my guests, as well as the Summer Berry Layered Salad (with the homemade dressing). The brie is easy and people love it. The salad is also easy and gorgeous and delicious.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly. Any chance you have a copy of the Summer Berry Layered Salad. Checked the files, but the PDF is not working. Just a white web page pops up.

I searched the recipe files here, and nothing. Checked on CC but nothing. Not sure if I am searching wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jolie - check the Files section rather than the recipe section - I found them there. I never find any recipes in the recipe section except like 10 same ones each time. Mara

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks Kelly. Any chance you have a copy of the Summer Berry Layered Salad. Checked the files, but the PDF is not working. Just a white web page pops up.

I searched the recipe files here, and nothing. Checked on CC but nothing. Not sure if I am searching wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try this, I went to CC and just put it in the search and it came up with this...

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/ss_sbls.pdf

ChefPaulaB said:
Try this, I went to CC and just put it in the search and it came up with this...

This recipe is SOOO good! It's been around PC longer than the Trifle Bowl, and I've always made it on the large oval platter, or I used to make it on the old Large SA square platter. A platter is still my preference, because it's much easier for guests to serve themselves and get some of everything.
I use the Poppyseed dressing recipe that is part of the Strawberry Spinach Salad - but double it.

That recipe is also listed under the red, white, blue theme shows on CC.

ChefPaulaB said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It looks unbelievable, and sounds delicious! I appreciate it. I will start using CC's search bar for recipes now. I have always been successful searching CC's recipe search until this one.

Becky D....thanks for the extra serving ideas and also for mentioning the doubling of the dressing.

Think I may use this for my Aug 1st show....those ladies have seen most of my bags of tricks. He He

ChefLAM said:
That recipe is also listed under the red, white, blue theme shows on CC.

Thanks for the tip. I do not know the themes on CC so well. I guess I should make a spreadsheet to list the theme and recipes. I thought theme recipes would pop up if I searched the product and recipe tab. Now, I know better. :blushing:

My first exposure to PC was at a party in Nov 08. But my first "real" PC party was my own in late Jan. = )

I promise I did search here and CC, but apparently not correctly. :rolleyes:

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thanks for the tip. I do not know the themes on CC so well. I guess I should make a spreadsheet to list the theme and recipes. I thought theme recipes would pop up if I searched the product and recipe tab. Now, I know better. :blushing:

My first exposure to PC was at a party in Nov 08. But my first "real" PC party was my own in late Jan. = )

I promise I did search here and CC, but apparently not correctly. :rolleyes:

One of the sub-cats under the product and recipe tab is Theme Shows. All of the Theme recipes are there. My problem is that sometimes I forget if it was a theme recipe or a SB recipe, or a U&CG recipe....:rolleyes:
The great thing is that under the Theme Show drop down, the last one on the list is Theme Show archives - you can find ALL KINDS of great old recipes and Theme Shows there!

my microwave is too small for the DCB too. I did get the stone flute pan and made a beautiful cake in that. Wasnt sure if it would fit in my microwave but it did. It definately got a WOW factor. I did the recipe from the chocolate bliss show. That may be an option and it may fit in her micro.

Wow, another old thread revived!

If the DCB won't fit, measure the microwave - the deep dish baker or square baker might fit, instead. Or in your case, the fluted one for yummy cakes.

Oh, and if a recipe says to put the cover on the DCB and you are using another piece of stoneware, you can use
- some other plate that kinda fits on top (the 'greenest' option)
- plastic wrap
- wax paper

I reheat lost of stuff in my microwave using a bowl with a salad plate as a cover, instead of plastic wrap. A PC dots medium bowl gets a perfect cover from a PC salad plate.

What is the DCB and why are these recipes not using it?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a popular cooking tool from Pampered Chef that can be used in the microwave or oven to create delicious dishes. These "wow" recipes are not using the DCB because they are designed to showcase other Pampered Chef products and cooking methods.

Can I still use my DCB for these recipes?

Yes, absolutely! While these recipes are not specifically designed for the DCB, you can still experiment and adapt them to be cooked in the DCB. Just keep in mind that cooking times and temperatures may vary.

What other Pampered Chef products can I use for these recipes?

These recipes are created to highlight a variety of Pampered Chef products, including our stoneware, cookware, and kitchen tools. You can find a list of recommended products for each recipe in the instructions.

Are these recipes difficult to make?

No, these recipes are designed to be easy and delicious for home cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and tips to help you achieve success in the kitchen.

Are these recipes suitable for special dietary needs?

Yes, many of our "wow" recipes can be adapted to fit different dietary needs. We offer a variety of gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options. Just look for the dietary tags on each recipe to find one that fits your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• twinkie10
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Christ Follower
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • nikked