• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leftymac's Delicious Pork Loin Skewers: An Easy and Yummy Dinner Recipe

Keith lives in Fairfax, Virginia. His brother lives in Manassas, Virginia. His cousins live in Vienna, Virginia.
pamperedbybarbara
Keith...oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...We just finished dinner and your pork loin skewers ROCK!!!:love::love::love:...easy, yummy, delish!!!!You are gonna be nominated by me for the Next Food Network Star.....get planning on making it big time!!! Between those desserts of yours, your descriptions of your dinner plans, and salads...man, you are on your way!!! I paired my dinner with a glass of white wine, and YUM!!!!p.s. we only live about 1/2 hr. from you...wanna come over and teach me your cooking skills?;)...I will supply the wine, the pool, the big deck,the food..........:balloon:

Keith certainly does come up with fantastic ideas and recipes! Yum is right! :)

Sorry, Barbara, but I'm trying to convince Keith to move back to VA, where he belongs!

Keith is an amazing guy. We are all lucky to have him as one of our own. I think the world of him.

pamperedbybarbara said:
Keith...oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...We just finished dinner and your pork loin skewers ROCK!!!:love::love::love:...easy, yummy, delish!!!!

Is the recipe posted somewhere?

Barbara - NJ is driveable from PA - let me know when the big cookout is and I'd love to be a guest on that deck with his cooking. :)

Where are these recipes? With everyone raving, I would love to try them too.

Aw shucks, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was really nothing big, and nothing fancy. But it is darn tasty.But on Food Network Star I wouldn't do that well. I'm not good at making my own recipes up. And I don't think they'd let me take my PC spices with me, even if we do have a fabulous Turn About for them.The recipe she is talking about is simple:I marinated some center cut pork loin cubes in canola oil, white wine vinegar and plenty of Jamaican Jerk Rub. Skewered it up with some fresh pineapple, and then grilled it to perfection. I have to say when I made it, the pork was melt-in-your-mouth. I've just discovered grilling this summer since I recently purchased the grill, and I have to say that pork has been the easiest thing for me to get grilled perfectly every time.

Oh and Sarah, there's really no more convincing me left to do. I'm pretty sure the move back to VA next summer is gonna happen.

pamperedbybarbara said:
Keith...oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh...We just finished dinner and your pork loin skewers ROCK!!!:love::love::love:...easy, yummy, delish!!!!

You are gonna be nominated by me for the Next Food Network Star.....get planning on making it big time!!! Between those desserts of yours, your descriptions of your dinner plans, and salads...man, you are on your way!!!

I paired my dinner with a glass of white wine, and YUM!!!!

p.s. we only live about 1/2 hr. from you...wanna come over and teach me your cooking skills?;)...I will supply the wine, the pool, the big deck,the food..........:balloon:

Oh and I see that you are indeed close! I don't drink wine but everything else sounds fun. :)

leftymac said:
Oh and Sarah, there's really no more convincing me left to do. I'm pretty sure the move back to VA next summer is gonna happen.

WooHOOO!!! Party time next summer! Moving back to Fairfax? If you want go a little bit country, we have some great high schools here in Fauquier County.

pampchefsarah said:
WooHOOO!!! Party time next summer! Moving back to Fairfax? If you want go a little bit country, we have some great high schools here in Fauquier County.

Well, I'll be teaching at my old high school in Manassas. The other French teacher there is retiring at the end of next year, and the job is pretty much mine if I want it (they never wanted me to leave, of course!). So, I'll be living in either Fairfax or Manassas.s

pampchefsarah said:

Fairfax? Fauquier? My brother lives in Manassas, I am there at least once a year, cousins in Vienna! I love that area, lived there for a year when I was 14. Actually I'm visiting him next month! Not sure if I'm going from the frying pan into the fire or the other way around. I'ts been about 100 here for a while, and humid, at least for the desert. But he has a great garden, so I know I will eat well! lol

Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Fairfax? Fauquier? My brother lives in Manassas, I am there at least once a year, cousins in Vienna! I love that area, lived there for a year when I was 14. Actually I'm visiting him next month! Not sure if I'm going from the frying pan into the fire or the other way around. I'ts been about 100 here for a while, and humid, at least for the desert. But he has a great garden, so I know I will eat well! lol

Marghi

I will say hi to him once I get back to Manassas! :)

leftymac said:
I will say hi to him once I get back to Manassas! :)

Actually, you'd probably get along great. Love food, similar sense of humor, and teachers. He's retired from the community college , his wife--I think she's at a high school now, teaching ESL or whatever acronym they use now... Anyway, I bet they'd like you.
Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Actually, you'd probably get along great. Love food, similar sense of humor, and teachers. He's retired from the community college , his wife--I think she's at a high school now, teaching ESL or whatever acronym they use now... Anyway, I bet they'd like you.
Marghi

Is she at a high school in Manassas?

BlueMoon said:
Marghi

OF course they'd like him!:)

Marghi, when in August are you coming? If it's in the latter half, maybe we can get together. If it's in the beginning, though, I'll be in California.

Yeah, Marghi..if it's in the beginning of the month I'll be in VA too. You can attend my cluster meeting with me! :p

Lefty and Sarah, I'd love to get together, and it's in the middle part--I arrive the 12th and leave the 18th.Sarah--where in California are you going?
Marghi

ARGGHH!! I ARRIVE back on the 18, in the evening. I'll just miss you.

Zut! I will be gone by then.

leftymac said:
Zut! I will be gone by then.

Rats! I'd love to meet you, but you'll be living there next summer.... I'll just have to time my visit for after you move back!

Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Rats! I'd love to meet you, but you'll be living there next summer.... I'll just have to time my visit for after you move back!

Marghi

Good idea! I'd be moving in July. :)

pampchefsarah said:
ARGGHH!! I ARRIVE back on the 18, in the evening. I'll just miss you.

ooh nooo! I'll miss both of you then!

So now that I know this part of VA has you, and will have Lefty soon, I will coordinate my next visit better! Would love to meet both of you!

Marghi

PS of course we'll all be at conference next year, so when we get together in VA it'll be like old home week.

leftymac said:
The recipe she is talking about is simple:

I marinated some center cut pork loin cubes in canola oil, white wine vinegar and plenty of Jamaican Jerk Rub. Skewered it up with some fresh pineapple, and then grilled it to perfection. I have to say when I made it, the pork was melt-in-your-mouth.

I've just discovered grilling this summer since I recently purchased the grill, and I have to say that pork has been the easiest thing for me to get grilled perfectly every time.

Doesn't sound Kosher!

LQTM @ Dave! Guess you'll have to try it with chicken. Or, maybe you can see if gefilte fish will work on the grill.:yuck:

pampchefsarah said:
LQTM @ Dave! Guess you'll have to try it with chicken. Or, maybe you can see if gefilte fish will work on the grill.:yuck:

Gefilte fish on the grill - oy!

RMDave said:
Gefilte fish on the grill - oy!

Hahaha!! Of course, I would never even try gefilte fish (EWWWWWW):yuck: Lox and bagel, though . . . mmmmmmm.

Actually had a delicious Lox & Latke plate at 11th Street Diner while we were in Chicago. I'm going to be looking forward to that for the next year (minus a week or two).

I would guess that gefilte fish is an acquired taste. I've been eatting it since I was a wee-one, so I guess I acquired it early in life.

Sounds delicious.

leftymac said:

Dude, didn't you see the weather this past weekend??? Record temps!! AND our AC went out. Stay north, Man, Stay north!!!!

When my DH retires from the Navy, we are planning somewhere cold. I would much rather deal with cold than hot, humid weather. It is much easier to bundle up than to strip down. No one wants to see this naked!!!:eek:

shelly.nurse said:
Dude, didn't you see the weather this past weekend??? Record temps!! AND our AC went out. Stay north, Man, Stay north!!!!

When my DH retires from the Navy, we are planning somewhere cold. I would much rather deal with cold than hot, humid weather. It is much easier to bundle up than to strip down. No one wants to see this naked!!!:eek:

It's no better in Jersey, honestly. I'm used to the VA summers. With the exception of this year, I've lived in VA and NC since 1994.

I think it's just HOT everywhere. My family is in Ohio and Chicago- both had mid-90s all last week until the fronts moved through to cool them off. I'm in NC- just 2 hrs from VA Beach...it was 103 yesterday, and then we lost power last night for 4 hrs. Uggh! (lightning sparked fire at a substation)

Bobbi-

Our AC went out last Tuesday after a bad thunder storm, the homeowners live in Italy, so it took a while to make arrangements to get someone out to do an estimate, and contact them. They are supposed to come out tomorrow to fix it. The AC company did lone us 3 huge window units to help us cope with the heat, but that wasn't until Saturday afternoon. We all camped out on the floor of the coolest room in the house Friday night, especially after I took my digital thermometer (PC of course) upstairs and it was 85 degrees at 10 pm!! That was inside.

Thank the Lord our AC is working. But, my horror (well, not that bad really), is that we started Vacation Bible School yesterday - outside; after the lightening/thunder/rain storm. Isn't God wonderful to have that all happen and be over in time to cool things down but not cancel the event? Anyway, it was still hot, and I was lugging around hay bales, a saddle, and lots of other set-up. All that with two t-shirts on (didn't get my VBS shirt until I arrived, and nowhere to change, so over my other shirt it went and stayed). If only I really could melt!Shelly, what you said about it being easier to get warm than to cool off is exactly what I say!! Warming up can be more fun, too (if done correctly).

RMDave said:
I would guess that gefilte fish is an acquired taste. I've been eatting it since I was a wee-one, so I guess I acquired it early in life.

Yeah, our Mom didn't raise us in the Jewish traditions too much (though, we are all named after dead relatives:blushing:), and since she doesn't like fish, gefilte fish was definitely not ever part of our menu.

Creamed herring, though! Mmmm, when we all lived in the same state, that was a Thanksgiving staple.

Hey Keith! I finally made your pork skewers for dinner last night! Yum Yum Yum!

Of course, because I'm me, I had to change it just a teensy bit (not much at all) - I added a little oil to the marinade. Um, I also used up the end of my Jerk Rub - didn't know that was the end, until I needed it for a show tonight to make Nachos!:eek:

Then, for the skewers, I did pork, pineapple, orange pepper, and red onion. It was so so so so good! The pork was fork tender, and the pineapple and veggies were wonderfully carmelized - just like you said! Served it with a brown and wild rice pilaf.

I love to have recipes like this that make the whole family happy! DH wanted the leftovers for his lunch today, and yesterday during dinner, DS kept commenting about how much he liked the chicken. (I didn't correct him - if I'd told him it was really pork, he'd have stopped eating it.)

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Keith! I finally made your pork skewers for dinner last night! Yum Yum Yum!

Of course, because I'm me, I had to change it just a teensy bit (not much at all) - I added a little oil to the marinade. Um, I also used up the end of my Jerk Rub - didn't know that was the end, until I needed it for a show tonight to make Nachos!:eek:

Then, for the skewers, I did pork, pineapple, orange pepper, and red onion. It was so so so so good! The pork was fork tender, and the pineapple and veggies were wonderfully carmelized - just like you said! Served it with a brown and wild rice pilaf.

I love to have recipes like this that make the whole family happy! DH wanted the leftovers for his lunch today, and yesterday during dinner, DS kept commenting about how much he liked the chicken. (I didn't correct him - if I'd told him it was really pork, he'd have stopped eating it.)

The marinade had oil in it originally. I used canola oil, white wine vinegar, and rub. What oil did you add?

I'm glad it was delicious!

1. How do I make Leftymac's Delicious Pork Loin Skewers?

To make Leftymac's Delicious Pork Loin Skewers, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 lb pork loin, cut into bite-sized cubes
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 red onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste

To make the skewers, simply thread the pork, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Brush the mixture onto the skewers. Grill the skewers over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the pork is cooked through.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of pork loin?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat for this recipe. Chicken, beef, or even shrimp would work well on these skewers.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 4 servings.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the skewers ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to grill. You can also marinate the pork overnight for more flavor.

5. What wine pairs well with these pork loin skewers?

A dry white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, pairs well with these pork loin skewers. The crispness of the wine complements the flavors of the marinade and the grilled meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
lisaw