• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story

In summary, a consultant received an unexpected invitation from a high-end clothing company, Carlisle, to help them get more business. However, the consultant is not interested in sharing her customer base and does not believe in other companies encouraging consultants to do so. She also mentions that this is a violation of the DSA code of ethics. Another consultant shares her positive experience with transitioning from Mary Kay to another company, and there is a discussion about Premier Jewelry and its DSA membership.
finley1991
I'm REALLY hoping this isn't going to become a common way of getting business...

I received an e-mail from a host/great customer who has a daughter that is corporate with Carlisle. They are very high end clothing... much like Worth and Doncaster. Normally what they do is network and get private clients. Then each season they set up private shopping sessions with their clients and take their orders. They don't do shows like Cabi... normally.

The e-mail I received, my host wanted to see if I wanted to a vendor show at her home with PC and Carlisle... I said yes and she said her daughter would call me.

Well.. it's NOT a vendor show! Her daughter, while still working corporate, is also in the field because, in her words, they are financially struggling. She asked me, basically, to contact my hosts and customers on her behalf and see if they would like to do a show with her. :yuck:

Obviously this took me by surprise and I said I'd have to think about it and get back to her because no one was coming to mind. She did offer me a very nice referral gift for each show I can get for her but not good enough for me to do it. I don't personally know too many people who have the $$ to spend on these clothes. While they are gorgeous, they are pricy (in the hundreds for a single item).

I'm hoping other companies are NOT encouraging their consultants to contact other DS reps for referrals!!

This came off to me as very desperate... and sad.

Invite her to join your team! Sounds like she needs some extra income & possibly something to fall back on if her company goes out of business or starts laying off people. We are hiring & we are NOT laying off people. :D

I had a MK person call me yesterday about a "networking opportunity". I have a MK party for her and introduce her to at least 10 friends and she put my "portfolio" in her portfolio to show her customers... uhmmmm NO

LOL - Jenni, invite her to join YOUR team!

I have hear of other companies doing just that - encouraging consultants to get customers from other DS consultant's customer base. Wrong, just wrong. I would not do this. What I would tell them is that your customers share their info with you because they have built a relationship with you and if you were to share it you would be breaking their trust.

I spoke with my D about this today. She said that other companies that do this is a violation of the DSA code of ethics. Ironically, Carlisle isn't a DSA member.

just speaks to their business that they can't build it on their own like we can. I have not had good experience in recruiting MK consultants. They never seem to get the whole cooking show thing and never get the "invite 40 people" thing

pcjenni said:
just speaks to their business that they can't build it on their own like we can. I have not had good experience in recruiting MK consultants. They never seem to get the whole cooking show thing and never get the "invite 40 people" thing

Me either. I think it's because their business model is different from PC and it's hard for them to wrap their head around it.

I just sick of people trying to piggy back on us. Do your own friggin' job!!! :sick:

finley1991 said:
I spoke with my D about this today. She said that other companies that do this is a violation of the DSA code of ethics. Ironically, Carlisle isn't a DSA member.

Sounds like another Premier Jewelry!

baychef said:
Sounds like another Premier Jewelry!

What's the deal with Premier?

pcjenni said:
... I have not had good experience in recruiting MK consultants. They never seem to get the whole cooking show thing and never get the "invite 40 people" thing

Karen's an ex-MK rep. She's a D under me & looks like she'll be promoting to AD Nov or Dec. :D She was leery about joining PC because of all the things she disliked about MK (mostly cost, the inventory that she had to keep on hand and the tax time headache of having all that inventory). She's loving & ROCKING her PC business! :D

yeah for you Shiela!! That is awesome, Guess it just goes back to 99% aren't going to "get it" period... no matter where they come from

finley1991 said:
What's the deal with Premier?

Last I knew they were not a member of DSA. Wasn't that the parting of Don Funt wrapped up in this company?

Don Funt left for Jewels by Park Lane.

That is right...I get all of the jewelry co. mixed up!
Premier IS a DSA member
Park Lane still is NOT a DSA member

baychef said:
That is right...I get all of the jewelry co. mixed up!

B/C there are half a million of them! I can think of 5 without taking a breath.

Wonder how Jewels by Park Lane is going for Don?? I've often wondered if those who've achieved great success with PC and then leave for another company, find more success b/c the company field is smaller or less success b/c their passion was really PC.

Deep thoughts this morning... :D

You are thinking so hard...you read my mind!!!:D

Funny you should mention Park Lane...I was looking up some info and happened upon a lawsuit against them by PC. The defendants include many PC Directors who left.

It basically says that those who left had tried to recruit their co-consultants and that it violated their Dir agreements. I believe that the courts found for the Defendants and the suit was dropped.

I am not posting the links, but if you Google "Park Lane Pampered Chef" and look for the "PDF" results, you will find 2 of them. One is more wordy and gives more details than the other.

Dated July 2011 --Interesting reading

Very interesting Janice. Kind of makes one wonder if this was partly the reason behind the 2nd restructure???

pamperedlinda said:
Very interesting Janice. Kind of makes one wonder if this was partly the reason behind the 2nd restructure???

I wondered that too when I read it.

finley1991 said:
I wondered that too when I read it.

linky? can't find it.

Some interesting reading as I'm chilling on my sofa tonight. Lots of interesting #s on income, recruiting and turnover in the document I read. I love getting "corporate" info on the composition of the company. A 60% annual turn-over rate, with specific years losing 20,000 to 30,000 consultants while gaining an equal or greater number. This puts turnover on a personal team in perspective. So if your team has 30 people, you will likely lose 18 people and need you and your team to recruit an equal number to replace them.

So true Becca and I though the same thing when I read that. My D always says our teams are like buckets with a hole in the bottom. We need to keep filling it because there is always some falling out.

I think the ones who leave PC for another company are taking the recruiting knowledge and trying to build the team without have the grind of the personal sales. Go in on the ground floor, be a super recruiter with all of the contacts you have and wiz to the top in title.

1. What is "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" about?

"Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" is a novel written by bestselling author Jane Smith. It follows the story of Carlisle, a small town struggling to survive during a heatwave and economic crisis.

2. Is this book suitable for all ages?

While the content of "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" is appropriate for all ages, it is recommended for readers 16 years and older due to some mature themes.

3. Where can I purchase "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story"?

You can purchase "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" at major bookstores, online retailers, and through the Pampered Chef website.

4. Is "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" part of a series?

No, "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" is a standalone novel.

5. Can I get a signed copy of "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story"?

Unfortunately, we do not offer signed copies of "Desperate Times: A Carlisle Story" at this time. However, the author occasionally holds book signings and events where you can get your copy signed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
OxiaWorksXS
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • byrd1956