• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need a Quick & WOW Appetizer for Sunday Night

In summary, the person is looking for an appetizer for a Sunday night party and they have ideas for spicy ceviche shrimp cups, deviled eggs, and brie.
PamperChefCarol
Piggybacking on to the WOW dessert thread...

I need a WOW appetizer for Sunday night.. my brain is not functioning very well today so I thought I would toss this out here and get some suggestions.

I have a standard WOW appetizer, sesame chicken/pea pod skewers with chili/red pepper dip,but it takes forever to make and Sunday is church with the kids and then afternoon Christmas pagent with the grandkid. Won't be time for the chicken thing. Which, BTW is awesome, but takes forever to make!

This is for a good friend's birthday party and I don't want to let her down!

What do you think??

Spicy Ceviche Shrimp cups are very good. I usually make half with shrimp and half with chicken.

Deviled eggs are my standby. You can boil and peel the eggs the day before.
I use my Crinkle Cutter to halve the eggs, and then for the holidays, you can used your Easy accent decorator to swirl the egg filling into the cavity, and top with a slice of olive with the pimento in the center. They sure will look pretty, and you can count on them disappearing in no time. I generally take two trays full.

2 jars of hot cherry peppers drained tops and seeds removed
wrap a piece of provolone with a small strip of proscuitto
stuff in the peppers
lightly sprinkle with kosher salt drizzle with olive oil refrigerate for 1 hour
these are incredible they disappear evry quickly

Grandmarita said:
Deviled eggs are my standby. You can boil and peel the eggs the day before.
I use my Crinkle Cutter to halve the eggs, and then for the holidays, you can used your Easy accent decorator to swirl the egg filling into the cavity, and top with a slice of olive with the pimento in the center. They sure will look pretty, and you can count on them disappearing in no time. I generally take two trays full.

I love deviled eggs, I also like to add a can of crab meat to the mixture before filling the eggs. It is real tasty.

BRIE!!!!!!!!!! The brie is fantastic and so fast and easy!

I agree with Kate. Brie is definitely a WOW recipe. Fast and easy, too. I do hope you have an easier time finding Brie than I am in my town, though.

I say go with the brie... the brown sugar version is awesome!

1. What are some easy appetizers that can be made quickly for a Sunday night gathering?

Some quick and impressive appetizer ideas include mini quiches, bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms, or a charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, and crackers.

2. Can you suggest any make-ahead appetizers that can be served cold or at room temperature?

Yes, you can prepare a cheese ball or dip the day before and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. Other options include deviled eggs, hummus, or a chilled shrimp cocktail.

3. I need an appetizer that can be made in a slow cooker. Any suggestions?

Slow cooker meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, and spinach artichoke dip are all popular options for a fuss-free appetizer made in a slow cooker.

4. What are some vegetarian or vegan appetizer options?

Veggie platters with dip, bruschetta with roasted vegetables, and avocado toast bites are all delicious vegetarian appetizers. For vegan options, try a fruit platter, stuffed dates, or hummus with pita chips.

5. Can you recommend any appetizers that are gluten-free?

Gluten-free options include a crudité platter with gluten-free crackers, gluten-free chips and salsa or guacamole, and prosciutto-wrapped melon slices. You can also make gluten-free bruschetta by using gluten-free bread or crackers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikki70563
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • ChefJoyJ