• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Best Way to Use Woven Trays with Hot Stoneware

In summary, the conversation discusses whether hot stoneware can be placed directly on woven trays. The consensus is that it is safe to do so, as some consultants even demonstrate this at shows. While it is not explicitly stated in the product guide, it is implied that hot stones can be used with the trays. Some consultants choose to put a kitchen towel or hot pad underneath the stone for presentation purposes, while others use a raised trivet to protect their wooden table. Overall, it is not necessary to put anything down and there have been no issues reported with placing hot stones directly on the woven trays.
ChefMommy
Can we place hot stoneware directly on the woven trays? Or should the stoneware be cooled a bit?

Yes you can. I use mine that way all the time and show it at my shows that way. Under the product guide on consultants corner it does not specificly say "can be used with hot stone" but it does say that "condensation may occur when using with hot stones" So I take that as a yes. I take mine right out of the oven and place it on the server to show my guests. I also use my round server on my table all the time as a hot pad for my other hot dishes.

I have put my hot stone directly on the woven tray, but I have also put one of our kitchen towels on the tray first and then put the stone on top of that. It makes a pretty presentation and kind of shows off the towels as well.

I have a terry cloth like hot pad that I put down first. You can't see it under the stone and it's thick enough that none of the stone is actually on the tray so it still looks nice.

I really don;'t think it is necessary to put anything down. Like I said, I use mine all the time and put a piping hot stone on it and no trace of a problem.I think that if it was an issue that it would state not to put the hot stone on it in the product guide.

Last edited:
I put the hot stones directly on mine. I also put a raised trivet underneath it. I do that so the air can circulate under the tray/basket and the heat won't ruin my wooden table. I let my guests know this tip too.

1. Can I use woven trays with hot stoneware in the oven?

Yes, you can use woven trays with hot stoneware in the oven. The heat-resistant material of the trays can withstand high temperatures and provide a stable surface for the stoneware to heat evenly.

2. Are woven trays with hot stoneware safe to use in the microwave?

No, woven trays with hot stoneware should not be used in the microwave. The woven material is not microwave safe and can pose a fire hazard.

3. How do I clean woven trays with hot stoneware?

To clean woven trays with hot stoneware, simply wipe them down with a damp cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they may damage the material.

4. Can I use woven trays with hot stoneware on the stovetop?

No, woven trays with hot stoneware should not be used on the stovetop. The direct heat from the stove can damage the woven material and cause it to melt or warp.

5. Are woven trays with hot stoneware dishwasher safe?

Yes, most woven trays with hot stoneware are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with mild soap and warm water to prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinkate
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • rennea
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • pkd09