• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exciting News: Pampered Chef to Offer Email Services at Conference!

What's a "showshoer"?Snowshoe spamming is a technique used by spammers to spread spam output across many IPs and domains, in order to dilute reputation metrics and evade filters. It's when a spammer uses a lot of different email addresses, so it's hard to track them down.
Kelly8
Pampered Chef announced at Conference that we are going to have e-mail through them. I would love that! :love: That would be so professional to have *****@pamperedchef.com.

I agree! Hopefully they read this and "steal" your idea!

That would be really cool!

I would love that..great idea..

Besides having to change everything that already has my email on it now, and trying to contact everyone who knows my email now, I suppose it would be nice.

ChefCat said:
Besides having to change everything that already has my email on it now, and trying to contact everyone who knows my email now, I suppose it would be nice.

You wouldn't really have to change it unless you wanted to, most email services will route emails' for you so they are all in the same mailbox, especially if you use outlook, it can just check all your email accounts for you.

What you could do is gradually transition over to the @pamperedchef.com...

But it is hard to get people to update their email address books.
Marghi

It would probably get disabled if consultants went inactive for a month!
For new consultants just starting out, it might be nice. I agree with the comments about changing everything over, with existing emails.

Oooh, and what about the hundreds of business cards I have?:eek:

ChefCat said:

i agree with the hassle to change everything over (including my merrill car sticker) but i'd love that!

I'd think the issue ShellBeach brought up would be the most imoprtant one--inactive consultants. I can't see them making a PC email address available. Besides, if you have a website your customers can connect to you through that.

raebates said:
I'd think the issue ShellBeach brought up would be the most imoprtant one--inactive consultants. I can't see them making a PC email address available. Besides, if you have a website your customers can connect to you through that.

I agree. The logistics of putting something like that together would be quite daunting, and I don't think it's something HO wants to put the money and effort into. There are more important things to invest in. Plus it would go against HO's own guidelines that we should not make it appear as though we work for PC, but that we are independent consultants.

NooraK said:
I agree. The logistics of putting something like that together would be quite daunting, and I don't think it's something HO wants to put the money and effort into. There are more important things to invest in. Plus it would go against HO's own guidelines that we should not make it appear as though we work for PC, but that we are independent consultants.
That was exactly the point I was going to make, and the most likely reason HO has not done this. If you want a more professional appearing e-mail address, though, you can always get one here at Chef Success. In fact, after reading something about a company being considered a 'snowshoer' because many of their customers had free e-mail addys, I'm wondering if changing mine, at least for iContact, would help keep my e-newsletters out of junk files. I have a gmail account, and would route e-mails to that one, but if they appear to be coming from @chefsuccess.com perhaps they may not be blocked.

Okay, now I'm curious. What's a "snowshoer"?

raebates said:
Okay, now I'm curious. What's a "snowshoer"?

From spamhaus.org (this is the watchdog company devoted to identifying and shutting down spammers):

Snowshoe Spamming
Like a snowshoe spreads the load of a traveler across a wide area of snow, snowshoe spamming is a technique used by spammers to spread spam output across many IPs and domains, in order to dilute reputation metrics and evade filters.
Snowshoers use many fictitious business names (DBAs), fake names and identities, and frequently changing postal dropboxes and voicemail drops. Conversely, legitimate mailers try hard to build brand reputation based on a real business address, a known domain and a small permanent range of sending IPs. Snowshoers often use anonymized or unidentifiable whois records, whereas legitimate senders are proud to provide their bona fide identity.

Some showshoers use tunneled connections from their back-end spam cannon to the spam egress IP. The back-end IP address is not in the spam headers. ISPs, you are in a position to detect those back-end spam cannons by checking where traffic flows are coming from. Remember, the tunneled connection is not necessarily on port 25. Spamhaus always appreciates such information.

What is the "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature?

The "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature is a fun and interactive way for customers to share their ideas and suggestions for new products they would like to see from Pampered Chef. It allows us to gather valuable feedback from our loyal customers and potentially turn their ideas into reality.

How can I submit my idea for the "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature?

You can submit your idea for the "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature by clicking on the "Submit Your Idea" button on our website. This will take you to a form where you can enter your idea and any additional details or images to support it.

Will I receive credit or compensation if my idea is chosen?

While we greatly appreciate all the ideas and suggestions we receive, we cannot guarantee that every idea will be chosen or implemented. However, if your idea is chosen and developed into a new product, we will make sure to credit you for the inspiration behind it.

How will I know if my idea has been chosen?

If your idea is chosen, we will contact you via the email address provided in the submission form. We will also make an announcement on our website and social media channels to let everyone know about the new product inspired by your idea.

Can I submit multiple ideas for the "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature?

Yes, you can submit multiple ideas for the "Wouldn't It Be Cool If..." feature. We encourage our customers to share as many ideas as they'd like and we will consider each one carefully. However, please note that we may not be able to use all of the ideas submitted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • SamanthaNicole