• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing a DCB to a Show? Advice Needed!

In summary, the author is doing their fourth show and does not have their DCB. They are worried about not doing the show correctly and bringing a cake mix and frosting. The author recommends the lava cake as a safe option. The author also recommends guests helping with the show and being honest.
middlemamma
I am doing my 4th show tomorrow night for a friend that has the DCB. I don't have it (yet, it should be on the way) and would be unable to test a recipe in it before I arrived. Should I bring a cake mix and the frosting to make the dessert in it and risk it not coming out right in order to show it as a product?

A little worried about not doing it once before the show but sure would like to turn some people on to this piece. What do you folks think?

Is there a fool proof thing I could do with it less worrisome?

Thanks!

If it's a microwave recipe it may not matter. All microwaves react differently anyway. It may work better or worse in hers compared to yours.

I have done lots of recipes that I haven't practiced...they've all gone pretty well. Just make sure you follow the recipe good and use common sense!

Maybe get the guests to help you...then you can blame them if it doesn't turn out, lol! ;)

Definitely have the guests help and just be honest. Let them know it's yor first time doing it and they get to be your first to try it :)

I know a consultant that never practices before her shows and she always does fantastic. I got to watch her in action one time; totally impressed!

If its brand new, I'd oil the inside before you do a cake...

I never do the recipe before the show! lol I mean unless I have allready done it. I say I have never done this recipe so I'm going to need all of you to help! And then I say if it turns out badly I will order pizza joking... I have never had to buy pizza lol. PC recipes or very good and easy :)

Ok,THANKS EVERYONE! Are there any DCB recipes that you would recommend for this type of impromptu additional recipe? Is the chocolate lava cake the best one?

The lava cake in the DCB is not a risk, go for it!

middlemamma said:
Ok,THANKS EVERYONE! Are there any DCB recipes that you would recommend for this type of impromptu additional recipe? Is the chocolate lava cake the best one?

in my experience the lava cake is the simplest of all recipes to make and always a crowd amazer!

have fun with it

we tried the lava cake using orange supreme cake mix and chocolate frosting - tasted a lot like those chocolate oranges you see at Christmas time

Last edited:
I often do a recipe the first time at my shows. The trick is to use a PC recipe and read it over. Be sure you know what to expect and that it is a fairly quick recipe.The only near fail I had was when I tried a non-PC recipe that someone had given me but we even got that to work. Go with the flow, tell them you are testing this on them..., if you have a glitch brush it off and say something like "I guess you know now not to do that" or the ever popular "I'm not perfect, I'm pampered".

You can't go wrong with the 1 pound pork tenderloin. 10 minutes in the microwave. LOVE IT and have sold LOTs of DCB this way.

Use smoky barbecue rub or if you don't have that just use Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce.

I have been doing many "Fajita and Margarita" shows even before the new mixes came out! The Ultimate Chicken Fajitas are so simple in the DCB and it really seems to impress people.

I would really like to know more about how you do a show with a pork tenderloin or the fajitas...please share. What tools are you able to show and how do you progress through your show. :)

For the pork tenderloin you need a 1 pound tenderloin that is not preseasoned. At the show I make this my first thing - you open the package, remove the silver skin if there is any, put it in the DCB sprinkle with seasoning or drizzle with sauce put the lid on and put in the microwave for 10 minutes. While that is cooking I tell my story. There are numerous other recipes to make to go with the tenderloin. I like to make a salad or dessert. The strawberry spinach salad is a good one and any trifle recipe works well for a dessert.

CC under Products & Recipes go to Cooking Shows then Theme Shows and there is one for the Barbecue Pork Tenderloin in under 10 minutes.

If you have more questions please feel free to call me at 937/416-9166. My DCB is what makes the difference at most (not all) of my shows.

1. What is a DCB?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware baking dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill. It is a popular product from Pampered Chef that is great for making casseroles, roasting meats, and baking desserts.

2. Can I bring a DCB to a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can bring your DCB to a Pampered Chef show! In fact, it is encouraged to bring your own products to the show so you can see them in action and ask questions about how to use them.

3. Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

No, the DCB does not need to be preheated before use. It is designed to be used directly from room temperature, but you can also preheat it if you prefer.

4. What are some tips for cleaning the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the stoneware. For tough stains, soak the DCB in warm water before cleaning.

5. Can I use the DCB in the freezer?

Yes, the DCB is freezer safe and can be used to store leftovers or prepare dishes ahead of time. Just be sure to let the dish thaw before placing it in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
Replies
Views
atpchef
  • lakamper
  • Products and Tips
Replies