• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teacher Appreciation Week Treat: Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake with a Twist!

In summary, to make the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake with a Twist, you will need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and vanilla extract. You can use any type of fruit filling, such as blueberry, apple, or peach, as a substitute for cherry. The baking time is approximately 45-50 minutes, but it's best to check for doneness with a toothpick. This coffee cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for longer storage. To make it healthier, you can use a sugar substitute, reduced-fat cream cheese, and whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
whiteyteresa
I need to make something for Teacher Appreciation Week - my day is Tuesday, May 6. I was thinking about making the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake but with a twist. My daughter is selling 'Joe Corbi's' Pizza - when I was looking through the booklet, I saw their "Joe Jr’s Dessert Delite Kits' and was telling (I know, I know, I should never do that) but any way, wonder if I could take the crescent rolls, unroll them without tearing them apart, just having the 2 long rectangles, use powered sugar and baker's roller to seal the seams, then put on pie filling - I thought about using apple (I will use the pastry blender to break down the apples so they aren't so large pieces) blueberry, cherry, and even maybe lemon pie filling (do you think if I use lemon it will be okay on top - do you think it will run to much ???)

What is your opinion???

I love this recipe and I need to feed about 45 to 50 staff member. The original way (round like a pizza) seems a little messy, doing it in a rectangle and many different favors of pie fillings would go a lot further.

:chef:

Bump . . . . . . .

I dont see why this would not work. It would definitly be easier then doing individual ones. Good luck

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake with a Twist?

To make this delicious treat, you will need flour, sugar, butter, eggs, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and vanilla extract.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit filling instead of cherry?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit filling that you prefer. Some popular alternatives include blueberry, apple, or peach pie filling.

3. How long does it take to bake the coffee cake?

The baking time for the Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake with a Twist is approximately 45-50 minutes. However, it is always best to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center and making sure it comes out clean.

4. Can I make this coffee cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the coffee cake ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage.

5. Are there any substitutions I can make to make this recipe healthier?

You can make this recipe slightly healthier by using a sugar substitute and reduced-fat cream cheese. You can also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for added fiber.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies