• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Would Like to Come Back to Pampered Chef

In summary, there are several ideas to make it worth coming back to Pampered Chef, including providing postcard invites and additional supplies, as well as committing to hosting multiple shows per week. Even if you do not know anyone in your area, Pampered Chef can still be beneficial as hosting shows can help you meet new people and the company offers online tools to expand your reach. Hosting shows can also help you raise the money needed before the end of the year by earning commissions and bonuses, as well as introducing new products and team members. To ensure a successful cooking show, it is important to plan ahead, promote the show, and offer incentives for guests. You can also seek help from other Pampered Chef consultants in your area or online.
pcnm2010
Gold Member
But am Cash Poor.
I have enough ideas to make it worthwhile, 5 packs plus 5 more of the Postcard Invites and my Supplies from when I first started.
I can do 2 Shows per week to start with the exception of Halloween Week.
I don't know anyone here and I think it would help me with this.
I have no Family nor friends, except for distant Cousins that I am rarely, if ever, in any contact with.
I know I have to get out of my comfort zone to acomplish this.
The house is cleaned up and I am ready to welcome Guests.
To do some shows may also help me to earn enough to get things accomplished before the end of the year.
I have to raise around $4,000.00 before the end of December.
This would put me in a good position for 2012.
I had tried to do PC before, but got Railroaded out of it by Haters.
After that, I finally gave up and quit, which is why I pulled away for a while.
I have been trying to get my life back in some kind of acceptable order.
It is safest and best to do this at my home and nowhere else.
My ideas include an All Chocolate Show, a Baking Show, a Full Several Course Meal Show, a Dessert Show, or a Holiday Show.
Can or will anyone in Northernmost NM or So. Colorado help me to develop and put on a PC Cooking Show that will be a Success?
I would be more than Grateful for any help I could recieve.
Please let me know soonest as to who would be willing to help with this.

Here are some ideas from another post to try to come up with the money: Do they have stuff that they can sell in a Garage Sale or on Craigslist?
Gold that they can sell for cash?
Something they can pawn?
Ask friends/family if they would be willing to loan or donate some money to help them get their new business up & off the ground.
Is their Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas coming up soon? Ask those who would give them gifts to give cash this year instead to help with their new business venture.
Ask their Church for a donation or loan.
Ask friends/family if they can do some odd jobs for them for cash (household chores, lawn, wash the car, etc.)
If they have a current job, ask boss if they can work some overtime for extra money.
Do they have the credit to get a small loan with their bank?
Sell Plasma (Yes, someone suggested this! I guess if they want it bad enough they'll do it, huh?)Do those ideas help?

Hi pcnm2010! Do you have a consultant that you can contact locally to help you? If you're looking to sign up again, you can either find someone from here (I'm sure lots of us would be glad to welcome you back to the PC family and like to help you reach your goals!) or you can go to the main PC website and sign up there and be assigned to a Team Leader or Director who will love to help you.If you want to sign up, but don't have the money to right now, there are a few ways that perhaps you can raise the money. Having a garage sale or sell some items on Craigslist or eBay could work. You can purchase the mini kit for $80 and have at least the things to help you get started. You can then add things to your kit as needed and as you earn some additional $$. Another option is to put the purchase of the kit on a credit card and then pay it off as soon as you get your commission.I'd be happy to help you, if you'd like. And like I said, there's also lots of other consultants on here who would be as well.If you want to reach me privately, my e-mail address is: [email protected]Hope that helps! :)

Sounds like you've put some thought to this and are planning ahead. That's a great thing so that you're sure to have a thriving business. Al the ideas above are good ones, and I'd recommend you get the mini kit so that your upfront cost is minimal.

Do you have anyone who would be able to lend you the cost of the mini that you can pay back with your 1st commission check? Do you have a credit card that you can use and pay before the APR kicks in? You're 1st show should easily cover that cost.

Since you've done this before, having a successful 1st show on your own should be fine. I'd recommend you sign with someone who you feel would be helpful and supportive your 2nd time around.

Let me know if I can help!

The first thing you need to do is get out there and make contacts. Tell everyone you're getting back into PC and what your plan of action is. Go door to door in your neighborhood. Get involved in community groups or the activities your kids are involved in (if you have kids), look for vendor events/bazaars/craft fairs to set up a booth at. Get commitments from 4-6 people to host a show then do a grand opening. If you feel you must do shows at your house, then promote that as a bonus-no house to clean, just invite your friends and show up! Go online and take the training on doing a cooking show, watch a cooking show in action on the PC website, practice at home while you're making dinner.

You certainly have a good goal/incentive and you don't need to go all out with themes, etc. A basic, easy PC recipe demos our products just as well as an elaborate 5 course meal does. Make it fun, easy, and duplicable so others will want to follow suit and host a show themselves or even sign up.

You can get all the support you need on this website and the PC website. You do not need anyone holding your hand, telling you what to do. PC has already done that. Just pick up the phone, start making calls, get outside and start talking to people. Focus on your goal, believe in yourself, and you can make it happen.

Good morning! I live in Rio Rancho and have some experience working in New Mexico...we are a different lot. I am at the State Fair this morning but would be happy to help or answer any questions you have. The Pampered Chef has definitely made it much better in terms of training and tools available to help its consultants be successful. A lot of what the ladies have mentioned above are excellent ways to get jumpstarted. You can private message any of us with your number and we would be glad to just talk and share ideas to help you. Blessings on your day. The Pampered Chef is the best decision I have EVER made! CK

If you can swing the $80 for the start up kit you can make that back with your first show. Ideas already posted are great - garage sale, borrow it, put it on a credit card, etc. You could earn the $$ back before the bill came due. As far as support. We are all happy to help. You don't have to sign with someone locally. I have consultants on my team that are doing great and live over 1000 miles from me. We do online, phone, email... And it works great for us! Pick someone who is experienced and with whom you gel. I'm sure you have gotten a ton of PM's from people inviting you to join their team by now. Pick whoever you feel most comfortable with. Look over the board and contact any of us that sound like someone that will work with your style.I wish you the best. Feel free to continue to ask questions here or PM or email me privately if you want help.

Thank You.
I already have a Kit from when I started last time.
I am handy in the Kitchen and can follow a decent Recipe.
In fact so much so, that I have my own Cooking Book Formulated by me, with Full Illustrations and some that have been handed in my Family for Generations.
They are on CD Rom for ease of use.
When I started the last time, it was a bad time in my life and the Ladies that signed me up, they signed me on and then ignored me.
I was not welcome in that group.
No, I don't recall Names.
I will be looking over the Board and see who I might mesh best with.
I might get on CL and see what I can accomplish, although I rarely get anywhere with that.
Usually just get Spam and lots of it.
How much to re up?
I would like to get back into this now that things are quiet.

Last edited:
I think I found an idea that might work.
My Land Lady is really a neat Lady and she might know who may or may not be interested in doing this and a Cooking Club might actually be the thing I am looking for.
Found that under Booking Ideas.

Oh, and PS, I don't want to buy another Kit since I already have one.
I am Not going to spend the money for it.
Any chance I could just sign a New agreement thing?

pcnm2010 said:
a Cooking Club might actually be the thing I am looking for.
Found that under Booking Ideas.

That DOES sound like a great idea for you! Especially if you can find about 8-10 ladies that want to learn to cook, or create a series of recipes to demo that are a theme (thai, mexican, vegetarian, etc) and book a club around the theme. You can use your cooking expertise while demoing how anyone can make great meals with the right tools. And, you can host the cooking club in your house! Sounds like a perfect fit. You'll do terrific.

pcnm2010 said:
Oh, and PS, I don't want to buy another Kit since I already have one.
I am Not going to spend the money for it.
Any chance I could just sign a New agreement thing?

You can't just sign the agreement you'll have to get another kit but you can get the mini-kit that's $80...

Unfortunately you do have to get a new kit but the $80 is meant especially for people like you - consultants wanting to get back in. Any duplicates would make great gifts or if you really step things up you may not mind having a few duplicates so you don't have to raid your kitchen every time you do a party away from your own house.The $80 has $150 in products and most of the business supplies that the larger kit has. Minus the calendar, a binder and a few other small things and the tote is different but you probably have the tote that comes with the larger kit so this would be a good addition. I use that particular tote ALL the time!

How long has it been since you stopped selling? Yes, you will have to at least get the Mini Kit for $80 but it's a tax write off and you can also use those products as gifts if you'd like! You've got some great ideas to help launch you back into the business and if your first show is over $400, then you have already earned the $80 back in commission, think of it that way....$80 is a small investment compared to other start up kits.Let any of know if you have any questions. You can sign with anyone and we can also help you find a hospitality group near you so you can attend meetings and get the training that you want.Good luck and have fun!Karen

If you haven't submitted a show for six months or more, you do have to purchase another kit. However, like the others said, you can use the extras as giveaways, gifts, or just keep a bag packed at all times for shows!

Good luck to you!

Well, it has been a couple of years.
Thanks for all the help.
I spoke to CK Hall and it sounds like I will take the option of using some of it as Sales.
I will have to go through my current Kit and see what I want to get rid of.

Last edited:
Glad you found someone you can talk to!

pcnm2010 said:
Well, it has been a couple of years.
Thanks for all the help.
I spoke to CK Hall and it sounds like I will take the option of using some of it as Sales.
I will have to go through my current Kit and see what I want to get rid of.

CK is AWESOME!

Indeed. Agreed.

yes....i am so glad you are able to get with ck!!! she is wonderful and i know she is VERY encouraging and will help you succeed this time :D
i wish you the best and welcome back!!!!

Consider jumping into the fully interactive shows too! I poll my guests at the beginning & end of every show and so far all the ones who have been to a show before absolutely LOVE being able to get up & play with the tools over the "sit down & watch me be the teacher" method. ;)

I think that would work too. I will try it sometime as well.
Thanks so much, all.
I also found how and on what I wanted to spend at least some of my earnings on, that would help me with the Christmas and Holiday Work that I do.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks so much.
Might take advantage of that as a possibility.

And you are hanging out on the best forum on the planet for PC! I spent hours on here before I joined. Read all the ups...and downs....ins...and outs...

BEST community ever!

Look forward to talking tomorrow! CK;)

I agree and am also looking forward to talking more.

I was thinking of combining several shows into one under one roof.
It would likely be in the early part of November,at my home.
Combining a Fall Fest, with Holiday Cookie, Candy, Sweets, Cornbread, Chili, a Raffle and an Open House.
Dress the House and myself up, serve items in each room of the house, etc.
It is only a thought. Not like it is a serious matter for time present, because I want to take care of Halloween first. Any takers? Thoughts?

1. What ideas do you have to make it worthwhile to come back to Pampered Chef?

I have enough ideas to make it worthwhile, including 5 packs of Postcard Invites and 5 additional supplies from when I first started. I am also willing to do 2 shows per week, with the exception of Halloween Week.

2. How can Pampered Chef help me if I do not know anyone in my area?

Pampered Chef can still be a great opportunity for you, even if you do not know anyone in your area. Hosting shows can help you meet new people and build a network of potential future customers. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers online tools and resources to help you reach a wider audience.

3. Can doing shows help me raise the money I need before the end of the year?

Yes, hosting shows can definitely help you earn the money you need before the end of the year. You can earn commissions on each sale and potentially receive bonuses for reaching certain sales goals. By doing shows, you can also introduce new products and possibly even attract new team members to join Pampered Chef.

4. How can I ensure a successful Pampered Chef cooking show?

To ensure a successful Pampered Chef cooking show, it is important to plan ahead and promote your show to as many people as possible. Consider hosting themed shows, such as an All Chocolate Show, Baking Show, Full Course Meal Show, Dessert Show, or Holiday Show. You can also offer incentives for guests to bring friends or for them to book their own shows. Additionally, make sure to have all necessary supplies and ingredients ready for your show.

5. Can anyone in Northernmost NM or So. Colorado help me develop and put on a successful PC Cooking Show?

Yes, there may be Pampered Chef consultants in your area who would be willing to help you develop and put on a successful cooking show. You can reach out to your local Pampered Chef team or search for consultants on the Pampered Chef website. Additionally, consider joining online groups or forums for Pampered Chef consultants to connect with others who may be able to offer advice and assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Linda Lehman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Teresa Johnson