• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your MLM Success: Tips for Nurturing a Struggling Consultant

In summary, the host is trying to get to $1250 for the guest's sake, but the guest is not trying to learn or make any progress.
baychef
Silver Member
I have a past host that has finally signed however, even though we both knew she would need extra hand holding it seems as if every time I talk to her, she is just concerned now with getting to $1250 for my sake.

I have shared with her the benefits, offered to come to her first party, DID her grand opening, giving her full benefit. I will be going over tomorrow night to load the program, help her input, etc. I mind none of this, however, whenever I talk to her, she seems to convince herself further that she made a mistake signing. She is not trying to learn anything or calling for bookings. She thought her friends would come to her. I explained the "waitress" scenaro that we use...she responded...well that is totally different. When I explained that we too provide customer service, etc. I could tell she was not convinced.

Each time I approach her it seems she has been more busy coming up with reasons why it will not work than working the business. I am going to offer training, offer for her to come to a show, etc. but was wondering if there was anything else someone can think of. Holding a hand and giving reassurance is fine, but I really don't have the time to be a retaining wall!!!

Ideas? Thoughts? Have any of you had a consultant like this succeed?

what was her why?

amy07 said:
what was her why?

Good question. Also, I am guessing she did not have her first 4-6 lined up before she started, correct?

Personally, I would ask her honestly if she would like to return her kit.

Ann, bless you that you can hold her hand that much! I would never offer to load their program with them. You know her best but she sounds like she has cold feet. Give her an out, if she doesn't take it, push her out of the nest and see if she will fly!
Keep us posted

I'd still have her do her $1250 - if she wants to be done after that, so be it.

Her why is that she is addicted to the products, wants to learn how to cook better and I know the extra income with a daughter in college would not hurt.

When we spoke face to face she gained confidence. Then I let her run her open house the way she wanted. She didn't want to do any presentation and wanted me to, but she invited tons of people and made it sound more like a party with spouses and kids. It was wild. I made two recipes and she made a ton of stuff. I know what you are all thinking...DISASTER!!! She has apologized for the party and I am reassuring her that I am not offended but now she knows how a party should be (I have done 2 with her already so she DOES know) but I let her do it this way to sort of learn a lesson.

I think her party will be at least $900 and that night she had a booking but not right off. But it was more of a catering event than a party. When I meet with her tomorrow, I really have to feel her out. I do want her to get to $1250 for my own selfish self. I sent out 45 mini catalog invitations, used my catalogs, etc. so even though I will earn 3% off her party, I would like the recruiting credit so I am going to get her to at least get to $1250. I also will get $30 recruiting bonus.

My heart tells me that she is happier being a host but am hoping that maybe she can see something in doing this before she quits!

If her party gets to $900, then she only needs three $150 catalog shows to qualify. I hate advocating the minimum, but it may be the best thing if her heart isn't into the business after all. HWC month is great for catalog shows since so many folks order the pink products (and the products are sooooo good this time).

Thanks everyone. I am going over in an hour or so to help get her program going and ever so gently try to get her to think differently. I REALLY need the double recruiting points for April so I would love to have her sign. And I need to get on the phone this week for more RL and bookings. I have 5 parties before the end of the month, but only 1 and one fundraiser for May:yuck:. I like the HWC items, but people will tell me up front that they do not like the host bonus and not even book...and I don't even mention the host bonus. I will keep trying however. I do plan on inviting a few hundred to my fundraiser in hopes that at least a handful of people will show!!!:mad::grumpy: It is at a nearby winery so I am hoping to attract more people this way.:pray:

baychef said:
I like the HWC items, but people will tell me up front that they do not like the host bonus and not even book...and I don't even mention the host bonus.

Do you know anyone who is involved with a cancer support group? I have a host who jumped on doing a May show. We're doing a funderaiser for her local Susan B Komen group (she isn't a fan of ACS). I'm donating 10% so as to bring the overall contribution to 25%.

You can always offer your own host special. I've done that a couple times. You have to really run the numbers to make what you offer worthwhile for the host and still cost-effective for you...but the perception of a good 'deal' can generate shows where there used to be none. :)

You could also offer special clinics this month. Maybe a hands-on stoneware clinic where you do a 30m chicken (or something savory) using the DCB, an inexpensive braid on a flat stone, a microwave cake in the microwave, and a quick cold-stone creamery demo. It seems like a lot, but they do the actual work and it can be done very low cost. I know that might not be practical for you (coupled with parenting and a demanding day job), but thought I'd suggest it just in case.

Hope this helps.

baychef said:
Her why is that she is addicted to the products, wants to learn how to cook better and I know the extra income with a daughter in college would not hurt.

. I do want her to get to $1250 for my own selfish self.
My heart tells me that she is happier being a host but am hoping that maybe she can see something in doing this before she quits!

I have taken the attitude that I am NOT being selfish for wanting them to qualify so that I can get my points. I work my butt off (well, not really it's still there!:yuck:) to get my gals off to a great start. I feel like I help them, guide them, support them, encourage them, train them, and am also a therapist/job coach - I deserve to have my reward.

amy07 said:
I have taken the attitude that I am NOT being selfish for wanting them to qualify so that I can get my points. I work my butt off (well, not really it's still there!:yuck:) to get my gals off to a great start. I feel like I help them, guide them, support them, encourage them, train them, and am also a therapist/job coach - I deserve to have my reward.

I agree whole-heartedly. It's only selfish when someone takes a 'churn 'n burn' attitude...and those folks don't care about helping, guiding, supporting, encouraging, training, or coaching.

Have I told you all how much I love you all lately:candyheart::love0010:In the most PC director way!!!:chef::candyheart: You are all so supportive and I am loving it!! Thank you all for the kind words and great ideas for May.

Yesterday I went to help my new consultant load her program and showed her how to use P3. Everything went well. She has a little one who is going back to school today so hopefully she will have time to get on Consultant's Corner for training and input the rest of her party.

I did ask her straight up...what are you going to do? Her heart tug right now are those products so we focused on how to get more. Her little girl had done her numbers to 100 and was showing me her hard work. So I said, well I have something for Mommy that involves counting to 100!!! (her list of 100).

We thought of some people for her to call that might do just a quick catalog show to help her qualify by her 30 days. She put herself down at every turn and I suggested to her that whenever she does that, would she please remember that we are going for progress and not perfection. Then to think of a list of positive things...and I rattled off a list.

I then flat out told her if you have not bookings you have no business and you have no products...we are going to get to $1250 but you HAVE to pick up the phone...I drew a picture of her cordless phone lying there and then put an equal sign and a dollar sign.:money: Then I made her promise me she was going to call at least one person in the next 24 hours.

She thinks they will ask her if they want to have a party:cry: Trying gently but very firmly get that OUT of her head!:pray:

I am going to call her tonight so will let you know.

Kris, I do know people involved in Relay for Life and other aspects of Cancer and it has been a no go. Imagine when I saw this woman with a pink ribbon tatooed on her left breast (well...high enough where you could see it in plain view with a tank top on)!! She almost went for the HWC party but then backed out. The ribbon was in memory of her mother who passed away from Breast Cancer. I am still going to send something around to her and others that I know are cancer survivors, etc. I had thought of doing something with Deep Covered Bakers. I have two I earned for free and am thinking of doing a kit enhancement order for one then offer it as an added bonus to a May host bonus.

1. How can I motivate my struggling consultants?

Motivating struggling consultants can be challenging, but there are a few strategies you can try. First, make sure to regularly check in with them and offer support and encouragement. You can also set achievable goals and celebrate their successes. Additionally, providing them with training and resources can help boost their confidence and skills.

2. What are some ways to help struggling consultants increase their sales?

One way to help struggling consultants increase their sales is by encouraging them to host parties or events to showcase the products to potential customers. You can also suggest they reach out to friends and family to introduce them to the products and offer special discounts or promotions. Providing them with sales tips and techniques can also be helpful.

3. How can I help my struggling consultants balance their personal lives with their MLM business?

Striking a balance between personal life and business can be tough for MLM consultants. Encourage your struggling consultants to prioritize their tasks and delegate when necessary. Offer them tips for time management and remind them to take breaks and practice self-care. Ultimately, finding a balance will require open communication and flexibility.

4. What should I do if a struggling consultant wants to quit?

If a struggling consultant expresses a desire to quit, it's important to listen to their concerns and try to address them. Offer support and resources to help them overcome any challenges they may be facing. If they still decide to leave the business, thank them for their efforts and offer to stay in touch in case they change their mind in the future.

5. How can I create a supportive and positive team environment for struggling consultants?

Creating a positive team environment is crucial for the success of struggling consultants. Encourage teamwork and collaboration by organizing team events or meetings. Recognize and celebrate individual and team achievements. Foster open communication and provide a safe space for consultants to share their challenges and seek advice. Ultimately, showing genuine care and support for each team member can go a long way in creating a positive and nurturing environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies
Views
baychef