• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Chef Tongs: Help Keep Them Open!

In summary, the customer's Chef's Tongs are not locking well, and there is a way to keep them from locking, but it is not permanent.
gisellecabunag
Would anyone know how to keep the Chef tongs open?
I have a customer whose having problems that it keeps locking on her.

Thanks!!
Giselle

She will want to keep them pointed downward when she wants them open and tilt them up when she wants to lock them. The little latching mechanism will losen up after some use.

Hope this helps!!

But...Is there a way to permanently leave it open?
She doesn't like that specific feature and wants to be able to
just undo the locking mechanism....
Is there a way to do that??

I don't think you can take the locking mechanism out. She can't just leave it open by not closing it? And, why does she not want them to close, the locking mechanism on the Chef's Tongs is what makes them great IMO!

Nope. But the grilling tongs do that!! I know that isn't much help right now, but it might get you another sale?? I have found that once you get used to the locking feature, it gets easier to work with. Maybe she will get used to using them.

I guess she's not used to it and wants it to work like a regular one.
She mentioned that it's annoying...that I guess it keeps closing on her.
Is there a way to keep that from happening?

Thanks everyone so much for all your help!!

Maybe she can rig it so that the locking mechanism doesn't fall backward. Like stick a twist tie in it or something. I really do think she will get used to it if she gives it a while to become habit. It was annoying to me as well, but once I made it a habit, they are great!! They are definitely better than the old Nylon Tongs!! Those were awful, not only did they stay open...but they wouldn't close or grab very well!!

Hello Giselle,

Thank you for reaching out regarding the issue with your customer's Chef tongs. I'm sorry to hear that they are having trouble keeping them open. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that may help:

1. Make sure the locking mechanism is fully disengaged: Sometimes, the locking mechanism can get stuck in a partially engaged position, causing the tongs to lock when they shouldn't. Make sure the lock is fully disengaged before using the tongs.

2. Check for debris: Often, small bits of food or debris can get stuck in the hinge of the tongs, preventing them from opening fully. Check for any debris and clean it out if necessary.

3. Adjust the tension: The tension on the tongs can be adjusted by tightening or loosening the screw at the base of the tongs. If the tongs are too loose, they may not stay open. Try adjusting the tension to see if that helps.

If none of these steps solve the issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team for further assistance. We want to make sure your customer is able to fully enjoy their Chef tongs. Thank you for being a loyal Pampered Chef consultant and always providing excellent service to your customers.

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. How do I fix my chef tongs when they won't stay open?

If your chef tongs won't stay open, the first thing to check is the spring. Make sure it is not damaged or stuck. If it appears to be in good condition, try adjusting the tension by bending the spring slightly.

2. What can I do if my chef tongs are rusting?

If your chef tongs are rusting, clean them with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Scrub the rust spots with a sponge or brush, then rinse and dry thoroughly. You can also prevent rust by keeping your tongs dry and storing them in a dry place.

3. How can I keep my chef tongs from slipping on food?

To prevent your chef tongs from slipping on food, make sure the gripping surface is clean and dry. You can also try lightly coating the tips with cooking spray or oil before use. Additionally, avoid using excessive force when gripping food to prevent the tongs from slipping.

4. My chef tongs are bending. What should I do?

If your chef tongs are bending, it could be a sign that they are not strong enough for the task at hand. Be sure to use tongs that are appropriate for the weight and size of the food you are handling. You can also try using two hands to grip heavier items to distribute the weight more evenly.

5. Can I put my chef tongs in the dishwasher?

Most chef tongs are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions. If you are unsure, it is safest to hand wash your tongs with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SandiLeigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • julyskitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • KellyTheChef