• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Misery Loves Company: Share Your Worst Show Ever!

In summary, Venting, my hobby consultant had a very bad show last night. She was hosting and her trade partner was there. They only had a few sales from the show and her trade partner's unemployed aunt who she already knew quite well wanted to do a combo show with her.
abell
**Vent with question!!: I am a hobby consultant with a full time job but I love doing PC! I had probably my worst show ever last night ~ it was a combo with another DS, we were 'trading': I was her host and she was mine. We live in a small rural town (5000 people, over 100 miles to a Target or Walmart!), where after 4 years I still only know a handful of people... she has lived here a very long time and knows lots. So I agreed to do this [even though I know combo shows aren't the best] 1) b/c she asked for it and, hey, a show is a show and 2) I thought, well, if nothing else I'll get to meet some new people which is one of my goals for doing PC! :)
Sooo... I invite my barely 40 list of people (many of which I already knew would be out of town unfortunately, I had tried to steer the other consultant to a fall show when more on my list would be around but she absolutely wanted June...) and she said she invited almost 200 (although noone from her work "b/c they're not the type" *What??). She thought at least 10 were coming so we set up chairs for 20 people just to be safe.
3! There were 3 people at the show - 2 of them for me (my very close friend and her aunt) so she had 1 person come! ONE person and that was her unemployed best friend!!! :yuck:
I got just enough for it to be a show on my end (bless my friend and her aunt!) ~ I don't know if she had any sales for her DS. :( So that part on my end is ok BUT my close friend's aunt (who I already knew quite well) was on my list for a summer booking [we hadn't picked a date but she was a firm yes for a summer show!]. Now, after last night's pitiful show, she wants hers to be a combo show with the same lady!! Basically a repeat of last night but at her house! So even though I squeaked through last night I feel like I have actually hurt my business because now I have to share one of the 2 bookings I had for July!!!
When I told my husband, he said "well at least you had your two people there, it could have been worse!".
I know he's right so that made me think: misery loves company, what are your worst shows ever!? :p

You just never know. Sometimes things will work out great and sometimes not. I try and learn from it so it won't happen again. But I would really talk to your aunt and convince her to do a solo show with you.

Thanks, Deb, I know; I am trying to just 'bless and release' except that I have to repeat it in a month! If it were my aunt I probably would find a way to do a solo show but where it's my friend's aunt I'm not sure how to do that tactfully (my first reactions: "I booked with you first, I don't want any tag-a-longs ruining my good time!" or "No, I won't do a combo show with this woman (even though I just did...)!" probably aren't good responses!). And I don't want to back out of what was my initial booking because:
1) I'm stubborn :eek: and it was my show first!!
2) Then if they go through with the show anyways I'll feel like I lost out on potential sales and leads because I didn't want to share (basically I'll feel like she won, even though I know it's not really a competition :grumpy:)
Thanks for being supportive and letting me vent it out!! :)

1. What is "Misery Loves Company: Share Your Worst Show Ever!"?

"Misery Loves Company" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef where consultants and customers can come together to share their worst vendor show experiences. It's a fun and lighthearted way to connect with others and learn from each other's mistakes.

2. How do I participate in "Misery Loves Company"?

To participate, simply join the virtual event on our website or social media pages. You can also share your story by using the hashtag #MiseryLovesCompany on social media. We encourage everyone to join in and share their stories!

3. Can I share my story anonymously?

Yes, you can share your story anonymously if you prefer. Just let us know when submitting your story and we will keep your information confidential.

4. Are there any prizes for participating in "Misery Loves Company"?

While there are no official prizes for participating, we do offer a fun and supportive community where you can connect with others and learn from their experiences.

5. Can I share a story about a show that wasn't with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you are welcome to share any vendor show experience, regardless of whether it was with Pampered Chef or another company. We believe that we can all learn from each other's experiences and have a good laugh along the way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • MaryannNic