• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointing Host Story | Encouraging and Baking Leads to $67 Show Total

In summary, Jessica had a bad experience with a rude host and ended up only ordering a few cutting boards for herself.
ChefJesssica
I had this host who seemed just so so so excited about her show. I am not doing so hot lately so I have been encouraging and helping her as much as I could. I even baked her some Profiterole Puffs to take to work to get some outside orders. She told me she was planning on having a 3000 dollar show! So, I figured if she was so excited and wanted a good show so bad that this show would be atleast a 300-400 dollar show, right? Well, she rescheduled 3 times, her kids ate all the puffs before she could take them to work, and at one point she told me she might not invite anyone over! So I told her we could make it a catalog show and she could still earn some host benefits. She just called me with her orders. The total is 67 dollars. 67 DOLLARS! She ended up just ordering a few cutting boards for herself. So now I am going to scramble for some outside orders so it will atleast qualify for a show and I will make myself the host. NO PINK CUPS AND SQUARES FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast I will finally qualify. I will just keep on reading the successful posts from those of you who are doing well. I know its got to be better than this!:) I am not ready to give up yet.

Oh my, how incredibly frustrating!

Some people have no idea what we go through for them...

It does get better!

It's takes all kinds....to make the world go round!! Sometimes though I wish they would just fall off the world for all the trouble they cause!!

I am sorry you had a bad experience with a rude host. That is one thing about this business, we will run into both excellent and awful hosts. It's hard to tell at first. Brush it off, chin up and onward fellow cheffer!!!

There will be great shows, with great hosts and the memories of these bad hosts will become cloudy. Not forgotten but cloudy, that way we will know how to handle it when it happens again. And it might!!
Just keep up the good work and be the best PC consultant you can be!

Good luck!!
Debbie

Jessica,
I am so sorry that you had the experience that you had. I have been with PC for 6 years now and I will say that every year there is at least one host that is so rude and/or thoughtless. I seem to have consultants and myself that recently have run into some real beauties. I just listened to Belinda Ellsworth's monthly audio and it was on focusing on the positive in our business...not denying that there are the negatives, but redirecting our thinking to the positive. Sounds like you are like most of us...those certain hosts just drag us down when we try so hard to do the best we can for our hosts. I am making a conscious effort to start consentrating on all the wonderful hosts I DO have. Belinda suggested having an end of the year gathering for your best hosts...whether it be a "400 club" for those who have a $400 or more show or better yet, a bookings club...for example have an end of the year event for your host that have 3 or more bookings (that actually followed up and had a show.)
I just returned from PC's 7 day Caribbean cruise. Not only was it the most fun trip I have ever had, it helped me regain perspective in my business. I imagine that I will burn out again (I have very full time job along with PC) but I am really going to make a big effort to keep my PC business fun and positive for my hosts and customers. That is what it is all about!! If you can find someone in your cluster that subscribes to Belinda's Step Into Success...try to listen to her audio this month. It is inspiring! Keep :D :D :D
Ann

Bad host or Unconfident Host?Jessica,
I think we all have been there. What I have learned is that some hosts are more high maintenance than others and need extra encouragement. I always ask them what it is that made them book a show. Keep that in mind when coaching her. She may have truly wanted to have a great show but it is a little intimidating to ask for outside orders. Some gals simply need to be constantly encouraged. Do NOT give them the easy way out (i.e. offering the catalog show instead) right away because they may feel like you, too, have lost confidence in them. Just keep telling them to remember why they booked and share their enthusiasm with those around them. It usually works...I have very few cancellations and a pretty high show average. Download the form "A tale of two hostesses" it is very helpful when including it in the host packets.
Keep going, things get better. No point on dwelling on things you cannot control.

Attachments

• tale of two hostesses.doc
    40 KB · Views: 336
Chef Shorty said:
Jessica,
I think we all have been there. What I have learned is that some hosts are more high maintenance than others and need extra encouragement. I always ask them what it is that made them book a show. Keep that in mind when coaching her. She may have truly wanted to have a great show but it is a little intimidating to ask for outside orders. Some gals simply need to be constantly encouraged. Do NOT give them the easy way out (i.e. offering the catalog show instead) right away because they may feel like you, too, have lost confidence in them. Just keep telling them to remember why they booked and share their enthusiasm with those around them. It usually works...I have very few cancellations and a pretty high show average. Download the form "A tale of two hostesses" it is very helpful when including it in the host packets.
Keep going, things get better. No point on dwelling on things you cannot control.

I love this flyer, I am going to give my "horrible, awful" host one! Actually, she wants to reschedule and have a real party later this month or June. I am getting her excited again and I am not giving up on her. I KNOW she will have a good show!

What is the "Disappointing Host Story" event?

The "Disappointing Host Story" event is a demonstration and party hosted by a consultant from Pampered Chef. It involves showcasing different kitchen tools and products, as well as providing tips and recipes for baking and cooking.

How does encouraging and baking lead to a $67 show total?

By encouraging guests to try out different recipes and baking techniques during the event, they are more likely to see the value and usefulness of Pampered Chef products. This can lead to higher sales and a larger show total of $67 or more.

What if my host has a small kitchen or limited space for the event?

No problem! Pampered Chef consultants are trained to work with any size space and can adapt the demonstration to fit the needs of the host. Plus, with the option to do virtual parties, space is not an issue at all.

Do I need to be an experienced baker to attend the event?

Not at all! The "Disappointing Host Story" event is designed for all levels of baking experience. Our consultants are there to provide guidance and tips, and all guests are encouraged to participate in the baking activities.

Is there a cost to attend the "Disappointing Host Story" event?

No, there is no cost to attend the event. It is a fun and educational experience for anyone interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and baking techniques. Plus, there may even be some free samples and giveaways!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
Replies