• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Managing Taxes as a College Student: Pampered Chef Income

In summary, as a college student who relies on Pampered Chef as their only source of income, it is important to be prepared for potential taxes owed at the end of the year. The recommended advice is to put aside 30%-33% of each commission check and save it in a separate account. However, there are also many business expenses that can be deducted, such as mileage, samples, postage, and supplies, which can significantly reduce the amount owed. It is also suggested to consult with an accountant or someone experienced in this matter. Lastly, paying estimated taxes every quarter can help avoid a large lump sum at the end of the year.
ponvn591
Okay so I am worried. Pampered Chef doesn't take taxes out our checks so we gonna have to pay that back at the end of the year. I am just scared that i will owe alot and I'm wondering if i should be putting aside money from each check. I am a college student who doesn't have much money and this is my only income so if i will owe a good bit of money i need to be prepared! Help!

Are you the same one that just asked this same question a couple of days ago? If not, go with the same advice she was given. Put 30%-33% aside in a savings account. If you don't need it for taxes, you have a little savings account for Kit Enhancement Month in April. ;)

You're also going to have a lot of things that you can deduct, which will reduce the amount that you owe. Mileage, samples, postage, supplies... they all add up. If you're still concerned, then open a separate account and save money in there for the taxes.

There are so many things that you can deduct, that I doubt you will end up owing $$ at the end of the year unless you are getting lots of bonuses and overrides.

In addition to typical business expenses- mileage, samples, postage, supplies, that chefann mentioned, don't forget the cost of your kit, you can deduct groceries any time you make a PC recipe or practice a PC recipe for a show or bring the ingredients for your host. You can deduct healthcare expenses since you are self-employed and not receiving health insurance benefits through PC. You can deduct part of your phone bill and internet access since you use that for your biz.

I would speak with an accountant or someone else in your cluster who's experienced at this.

This all sounds like the same thing I answered on the other day.

I had the same worries when I started PC last year. So, each month, I took 10% out of my commission check and put it in a separate account. I didn't have to use it when it was tax time. Like other posters said, with all the deductions we have, it's unlikely that you'll owe money.

Thank you guys for all your input! It is greatly appreciated. I will sure have to save my receipts. Thanks again!

you should also pay estimated taxes every 1/4 so you don't have to pay one lump sum at the end.

What is "Worried About Taxes"?

"Worried About Taxes" is a common phrase used to describe the anxiety and stress that individuals may feel when it comes to their tax obligations.

Why do people worry about taxes?

People worry about taxes because they are required by law to pay a portion of their income to the government. This can be a daunting and confusing process for many, leading to feelings of uncertainty and concern.

What are some common tax-related worries?

Some common tax-related worries include not being able to afford taxes, not understanding tax laws and regulations, fear of making mistakes on tax forms, and concerns about being audited by the IRS.

How can I alleviate my worries about taxes?

There are several ways to alleviate worries about taxes, such as seeking assistance from a tax professional, staying organized and keeping track of important tax documents, and educating yourself on tax laws and regulations. It may also help to create a budget and plan for tax payments in advance.

What happens if I don't pay my taxes?

If you do not pay your taxes, you may face penalties and interest charges from the IRS. In severe cases, failure to pay taxes can result in legal action and potential consequences such as wage garnishment or property liens.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Luthergrad
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jewell87