• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the room temperatures like in the workshop rooms for Wave 3?

he...he... No pressure there huh? :DYep...just feeling silly, I suppose. Now watch, my pc will crash....I won't be able to post and everyone will swear I'm selfish!
dannyzmom
Gold Member
It's been my experience that the classrooms where the workshops are held are either freezing cold or uncomfortably hot. I can recall one year in the past 4 conferences when the rooms were actually comfortable.

In order to help me pack appropriate clothing, would some of you Wave 2 folks be kind enough to post for us Wave 3 folks letting us know how comfortable the rooms are this year? Thanks so much!!

Hijack for a minute.....
Am I cheering you AGAIN this year?????????? ;););)

Ginger428 said:
Hijack for a minute.....
Am I cheering you AGAIN this year?????????? ;););)

:::giggle:::
Yeah...twice this year. I'll be walking for TPC and for promoting to Advanced Director :)

omg!! Way to go!!!
dannyzmom said:
:::giggle:::
Yeah...twice this year. I'll be walking for tpc and for promoting to advanced director :)

Are you going to have your BOA AGAIN!!!!????

Woo hoo! Congratulations. And, I second the request for workshop temp feedback.

Ginger428 said:
omg!! Way to go!!!

Are you going to have your BOA AGAIN!!!!????

Nooooo...no boa this year. Word came down fro the higher-ups that we need to be more business-like so I am going for the "dress for your next job" look. Ya'll won't even recognize me - LOL We're talking slacks and blazers and closed-toed shoes!!! :eek:

dannyzmom said:
nooooo...no boa this year. Word came down fro the higher-ups that we need to be more business-like so i am going for the "dress for your next job" look. Ya'll won't even recognize me - lol we're talking slacks and blazers and closed-toed shoes!!! :eek:

wow!!! Wee!!!

dannyzmom said:
Nooooo...no boa this year. Word came down fro the higher-ups that we need to be more business-like so I am going for the "dress for your next job" look. Ya'll won't even recognize me - LOL We're talking slacks and blazers and closed-toed shoes!!! :eek:

I am sooooo glad that someone finally said something! The boas, tiaras, sashes and cocktail dresses were cringe-inducing.

chefann said:
I am sooooo glad that someone finally said something! The boas, tiaras, sashes and cocktail dresses were cringe-inducing.

A quote from a higher-up that I just loved: "There is no place for sequins, rhinestones, spandex or denim at National Conference. It's just...plain...inappropriate."

Looking back at '05 and '06 - it was starting to look like a cross between a drag queen show and a Mary Kay event...

dannyzmom said:
Looking back at '05 and '06 - it was starting to look like a cross between a drag queen show and a Mary Kay event...

Thanks for the mental visual and the deep belly laugh! What a combo! When the boa was mentioned all I could think of was the Red Hat ladies we have around here with their getups on.

And to think I feel like I will be underdressed going in Khakis (not capris) and 3/4 sleeve shirts. I guess I won't feel like everyone is staring at me wondering "what they heck is she wearing" if such visuals come out of the woodwork.

dannyzmom said:
A quote from a higher-up that I just loved: "There is no place for sequins, rhinestones, spandex or denim at National Conference. It's just...plain...inappropriate."

I totally agree. And the inappropriateness was the main reason I vowed NOT to walk when I promoted.

(Sorry about the hijack, Carolyn.)

I've got your number in my phone, so I can give you a call about the workshop rooms, too.

Congrats dannyzmom! That is fabulous! Whoo Hooo!

Can someone from wave 1 let us know? Thanks!

Will do my best.

Please do! I am VERY cold-natured and need to search for a jacket if it is going to be cold!

I didn't bring one last year but ended up buying the pink halfzip help whip cancer jacket at Merell's booth. Great investment.

I'm packing a thin hoodie zip up sweater that I have that will tuck nice in my bag in case its cold. Everytime I went to something like this I was always cold and always seem to pick a seat by the a/c vent.

I won't be back til late Sunday night but I plan on texting Laurie (JolieParadoxe) and perhaps she will be kind enough to post for everyone going in Wave 2.

Oh sure....commit me, why don't you? LOL

Just kidding....I'll definitely post as the info comes in.....that way we can have a better idea of what to pack.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Oh sure....commit me, why don't you? LOL

Just kidding....I'll definitely post as the info comes in.....that way we can have a better idea of what to pack.

No pressure there huh? :D

Oh air pressure and blood pressure stats not necessary, Melissa. Ha Ha

I know what you meant.....just feeling silly, I suppose. Now watch, my pc will crash....I won't be able to post and everyone will swear I'm selfish! He He

Now wouldn't that just be a good laugh!

For the record - I will send the text to Laurie and ask for confirmation that it was received! - what she chooses to do with the information is up to her. I'll be innocent in this one! hehe

LMAO!!! Nice....talk about "The Ball's In Your Court"!!!

Love it! K....we better stop being silly and flooding this thread with our shenanigans! Sorry to all who had to scroll through our play. ;)

Ok, so Melissa78 has just texted me about the temperature....here's what she sent:

"I have worn light cotton shirts w sleeves to my elbows, & I'm comfy. Gen Session today I think is warm. I'll let you know if that changes."

She says that she is having lots of fun, and that we are going to love conference!

Whoo Hoo! So excited!

Hope that helps!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Ok, so Melissa78 has just texted me about the temperature....here's what she sent:

"I have worn light cotton shirts w sleeves to my elbows, & I'm comfy. Gen Session today I think is warm. I'll let you know if that changes."

She says that she is having lots of fun, and that we are going to love conference!

Whoo Hoo! So excited!

Hope that helps!

Ask her if it's true that all of the workshops and meetings are all in one building this year! (please?:))

Looks like it Becky....yay!

Here's what she texted...

"Mine are all here @ McCormick ctr. One so far. Ate lunch yesterday in attached building".

= )

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Looks like it Becky....yay!

Here's what she texted...

"Mine are all here @ McCormick ctr. One so far. Ate lunch yesterday in attached building".

= )

McCormick Center is like 4 different buildings - so I'm wondering if she just means they are all in the same building?

It might be that they are all in the Lakeside Building - all of the restaurants/food court are in the other buildings, and it sounds like she walked down there for lunch...

Thanks for the info Laurie!

Carolyn, that's just awesome! Congrats on all your accomplishments and hard work! You have earned all of it!!!

Maybe I'll see you down by the surprise boxes again! I remember you gave me all your hotpad trivets last year, thanks so much, they were used very quickly! I'll be cheering for ya! :sing:

ChefBeckyD said:
McCormick Center is like 4 different buildings - so I'm wondering if she just means they are all in the same building?

It might be that they are all in the Lakeside Building - all of the restaurants/food court are in the other buildings, and it sounds like she walked down there for lunch...

Thanks for the info Laurie!

Most welcome....the first sentence was her first text....I sent another text asking if she was going to attached buildings at McCormick, and she sent the other part of the remander of "one so far". So I think they are all at Lakeside. = )

All festivities are in Building E--same building as Arie Crown--nothing on the other side.Rooms are WARM. The only time I felt the AC blowing @ McCormick was in Career Club lunch.

Thanks, Deb.

wow...every time I have gone I have froze my toes off...lol I even had to leave one workshop one year because it was so cold I couldn't concentrate. I'm very cold natured.

DebbieJ said:
All festivities are in Building E--same building as Arie Crown--nothing on the other side.

Rooms are WARM. The only time I felt the AC blowing @ McCormick was in Career Club lunch.

When you say "festivities," are you referring to Career Club luncheon and things like that or are you talking about workshops as well? What I am getting at is...do you mean we won't be walking sixty-bazillion miles each day this year?

dannyzmom said:
When you say "festivities," are you referring to Career Club luncheon and things like that or are you talking about workshops as well? What I am getting at is...do you mean we won't be walking sixty-bazillion miles each day this year?

Exactly. EVERYTHING is in the same building--no walking across for ANYTHING.

DebbieJ said:
Exactly. EVERYTHING is in the same building--no walking across for ANYTHING.

OMG that SO rocks because I am wearing high heels most days!!
Yippee!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::sing::D:D:D

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!1

I had my suitcase all packed and ready (I leave on Wednesday) with all my outfits figured out.
Then I went to the mall today...
There was a storewide 50% off sale at New York & Company. Plus I had a $20 off $60 coupon...now I have unpacked my garment bag and am re-configuring my outfits. ARGH.
I got this jacket and slacks set and am trying to figure out what top to wear under the jacket: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?FLCat=cat60162&productId=prod1120002&categoryId=cat720020&addFacet=1002:cat720020
HELP???
I don't want to look like a restaurant hostess, kwim?

It looks great Carolyn - sorry can't help you with what to wear under - I'm so not a fashionista! Have fun at Conference - I leave tomorrow:)

You'll look fantastic in that, Carolyn. I'd go for a pop of color--red, royal blue, emerald green. As long as you don't wear a plain, white, collared shirt you shouldn't look at all like restaurant hostess.

dannyzmom said:
I got this jacket and slacks set and am trying to figure out what top to wear under the jacket: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?FLCat=cat60162&productId=prod1120002&categoryId=cat720020&addFacet=1002:cat720020
HELP???
I don't want to look like a restaurant hostess, kwim?
CUTE!! I think you look good in just about anything. So, like Rae says, anything but plain white would be great.

Dangit you guys!!!
I was planning to go out today and get a simple white shell/tank like they showed in the picture with the jacket & then jazz it up with jewelry. No good? I am such a fashion disaster :p
Maybe I'll bring the jacket with me and browse thru a few stores like Chico's and Banana Republic and see what the fashion-forward salespeople suggest. I agree tho' - a pop of color would probably be best.

A white shell would work fine, but I think a bit of color would be even better. Of course, if you're talking about a stunning, focal-point necklace or choker, a white shell would be the way to go. At one point during NC I'll be wearing a black jacket and white shell, but I'm adding a pop of color with the PC scarf. Plus, I don't have your long, elegant neck for showing off a fantastic necklace.

raebates said:
A white shell would work fine, but I think a bit of color would be even better. Of course, if you're talking about a stunning, focal-point necklace or choker, a white shell would be the way to go.

At one point during NC I'll be wearing a black jacket and white shell, but I'm adding a pop of color with the PC scarf. Plus, I don't have your long, elegant neck for showing off a fantastic necklace.

Are you hitting on me, Rae? I think I like it!! ;)
LOL
Seriously though -- I am SO bad at putting stuff together - I have necklaces but would have to bring them to the store with me when I look for tops so the salespeople can help me put it all together - LOL

I was freezing in most workshops -- you have to remember, that Deb is pregnant so she probably was warm!! LOL.....If you get cold easy, take a sweater or jacket.

gaddischef said:
I was freezing in most workshops -- you have to remember, that Deb is pregnant so she probably was warm!! LOL.....If you get cold easy, take a sweater or jacket.

do you tend to be cold or warm?

gaddischef said:

Mmmmm...good point, Michelle.
I am typically cold...so maybe I should pack a pashmina or something...

dannyzmom said:
Are you hitting on me, Rae? I think I like it!! ;)
LOL

No, but i was telling The Furry Guy today what a beautiful woman you are. :)

dannyzmom said:
Mmmmm...good point, Michelle.
I am typically cold...so maybe I should pack a pashmina or something...

I'm almost always warm, so I carry a small, collapsible fan with me wherever I go. Comes in handy.

gaddischef said:
I tend to be warm anyway, even when not pregnant.

Hideeho everyone.

I did send the room temp reports to Laurie as you read. For those in Wave 3 I would still suggest a light thin/small sweater that fits easily in your bag as my last workshop on Day 2 was FREEZING. Only that one but I had not carried my sweater b/c I thought "why bother?" and THANK GOD I had bought a fleece at the Merrill table so I wore that. Most in the room were rubbing their arms and making comments so I know it was not me (who doesn't get cold easily). Several others in my cluster stated that they had rooms that seemed like flukes that were really cold.

Perhaps you will just say "I'll suffer for the hour" but I just wanted to give you the heads up that I did find where I wish I had something.

My apologies to Wave 2 for not posting this sooner - I just got home at 945pm (EST) after my 12+hr drive from NC and never got on the web while I was there.

Wondering why I didn't take tomorrow off from work....UGH!

ENJOY WAVE 3!!!

1. What are the typical room temperatures in the workshop rooms for Wave 3?

The room temperatures in the workshop rooms for Wave 3 can vary, but they are usually set at a comfortable level for attendees. However, if you tend to get cold easily, it may be a good idea to bring a light sweater or jacket to wear during the workshops.

2. Are the rooms typically too cold or too hot?

Based on past experiences, the rooms for Wave 3 workshops can sometimes be either too cold or too hot. However, the conference staff takes measures to adjust the temperature and make sure it is comfortable for attendees.

3. How can I prepare for the room temperatures in the workshop rooms?

It is always a good idea to dress in layers for the conference, as this allows you to adjust to any temperature changes in the workshop rooms. Bringing a light sweater or jacket is also recommended, just in case the room is cooler than expected.

4. Have the room temperatures been comfortable for Wave 3 attendees in the past?

Yes, the rooms for Wave 3 workshops have been comfortable for attendees in the past. However, as mentioned before, it is always a good idea to be prepared for any temperature changes by dressing in layers.

5. Can Wave 2 attendees provide feedback on the room temperatures for Wave 3 attendees?

Yes, Wave 2 attendees can provide feedback on the room temperatures for Wave 3 attendees. It may be helpful to check with them before the conference to get an idea of how the temperatures have been in the workshop rooms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
Kurtkey