• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Benefits of Collaborating With Other Businesses for Gift Baskets?

In summary, the gift recipient would not be able to use the warranty on the product if it is bought from the business. There is also a possibility that the prices would be included on the receipt, but people are generally not interested in knowing how much they spend on a gift.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

Has or is anyone working with another business as a supplier, for example, a gift basket business? I am in conversation with a local gift basket designer about including PC products in the baskets. He would want to order wholesale.

Would I be able to pass on my 20% discount to him without sacrificing my commission? Are there any other issues I need to consider?

Thanks so much -
Susan

QuantitiesOne thing you need to be concerned with is the quanties you would be ordering. If it is any amount over 50 (I believe, someone correct me if I am wrong...don't have my policies here and too lazy to look) you have to have permission from HO.

And I don't understand what you are wondering about with the discount?? If you give him a 20% discount off his order then your 20% commission would cover that. But if he wants to order a lot, you could do a catalog show for his order....hmmmm...not sure if I understand your question!:confused:

The warranty also would not transfer to the end-buyers, either.

How about offering Gift Certificates instead? You would still make commission. If you wanted to offer your discount (you cannot by the way) without it affecting your commission, you would have to have the 20% come out of your pocket.

Or offer cookbooks or spices, generally something you wouldn't have to return.

Gift receipts
chefann said:
The warranty also would not transfer to the end-buyers, either.

Good catch Ann, I didn't even think about that.

That brings me to one of my gripes...:cry: .why don't we have the option to print off a gift receipt?? I have people give gifts all of the time and all I can offer is to print off another receipt for them with the prices on it. :yuck: Any thoughts on it? By the way I have suggested it to HO...maybe if everyone puts in their 2 cents something could get done!!

why don't we have the option to print off a gift receipt??

What difference does it make if the prices are there? If they have a catalog, they'll just look anyway. lol Without prices would make a nicer looking receipt but people are nosy or curious so won't be able to help themselves. :p

RebelChef said:
What difference does it make if the prices are there? If they have a catalog, they'll just look anyway. lol Without prices would make a nicer looking receipt but people are nosy or curious so won't be able to help themselves. :p

It is just like say Babies R Us...you buy a gift for someone and you get the receipt without prices. The person could of course go and look and see how much you spent, but are they realistically going to do that? Not me.

BesidesI think it is tacky to give a receipt with the price. And I am sure Dear Abby would agree!:angel: A lot of people don't want people knowing how much they spent on them, so they just won't give a receipt with it and then we run into problems!! I just had a lady with Professional cookware contact me, it was a wedding gift...doesn't know who her friend bought it from, doesn't know when it was bought....called the home office and they are insisting even for lifetime guarantees to have a receipt. This is of course because of all the ebay transactions, yard sales etc.:yuck: :cry:

So the option for the gift receipt would alleviate these problems. IMHO

i checked with home office - no discount, and perhaps higher shipping charges. i am surprised...thought they could at least pass along a host discount or something, if someone wants to buy lots of products on a consistent basis
pooey

So if someone buys something and gives it as a gift.. the receipt would have the buyers name.. if something went wrong with the item could the gift receipient call the consultant on issues? I know I have my mom buy gifts for family for example and I have others who do that. I know we don't have the receipts (we could print them) for warranty issues when things are broken(stoneware for ex)

The person could still buy the items to include in baskets.

eta:
Said business buys Item 2222 for $8 'wholesale' from PC.
Item 2222 sells to our customers for $10.
Said business sells Item 2222 for $9 to his customers...why would anyone want to buy from us?

fruit76loop said:
That brings me to one of my gripes...:cry: .why don't we have the option to print off a gift receipt?? I have people give gifts all of the time and all I can offer is to print off another receipt for them with the prices on it. :yuck: Any thoughts on it? By the way I have suggested it to HO...maybe if everyone puts in their 2 cents something could get done!!

I also have suggested a gift receipt to HO. Maybe they want to avoid those who would combine orders to avoid S/H.

Gift Warranty InformationWhen I first started PC about two years ago, I was very concerned about the lack of availablity of gift receipts - partly because my mom is a realtor, and when she hosted a show for me, she had bought several gift items to give to people closing on their first houses. She didn't want to give them a receipt with her whole host order, or all the prices, OR her address, which I can understand. So here's what I finally got (after talking to several people at HO about this):

For a warranty exchange, all the gift recipient REALLY needs are the item number, the consultant number, and the show number and date. HO can look up the show in their records if they have this information. So, I made up the following Gift Warranty cards, which HO said they would be able to honor. I haven't had to use them much, but they are a great thing to be able to offer to my customers.

Now, about the receipt part - HO has actually NEVER asked me to send back a receipt for warranty info anyway... the only time I have ever needed to send receipts is when the customer actually wants to exchange an item for something else... but that hasn't happened to me yet in a gift situation. The reason they ask for the receipt when a customer calls, is they need to verify that the item was actually purchased from PC - not eBay or somewhere else - and with the show number, consultant number, etc, they are able to verify it with no problem. The receipt contains all of that information, which the customer otherwise probably wouldn't have. Especially if it was a gift.

Disclaimer: I am fully aware that since PC has not publicly endorsed this idea, you (or even I) may run into trouble speaking with someone at the Solution Center with a warranty exchange like this. But if you try it, and you do run into trouble, just ask for a supervisor - because there is no reason they should NOT be able to honor the warranty as long as they are able to verify the item was bought from PC. I offer my gift warranty cards to you as an option if you want to use them, but I cannot guarantee the actions of PC HO when this issue comes up. Know what I mean?

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

=) Jen

Attachments

• Jen's Gift Warranty Information.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 302
A couple of years ago I started telling people to include my contact information with any PC gifts they give. Since I have a record of all purchases, I can assist with exchanges during the warranty period. It's worked out well, and it's even garnered me a few new customers. :)

jenm42 said:
For a warranty exchange, all the gift recipient REALLY needs are the item number, the consultant number, and the show number and date. HO can look up the show in their records if they have this information. So, I made up the following Gift Warranty cards, which HO said they would be able to honor. I haven't had to use them much, but they are a great thing to be able to offer to my customers.

This is a great idea and something that would be nice on a VistaPrint business card (or of course a DYI one, but I'm not good at those).

warranty card
redsoxgirl said:
This is a great idea and something that would be nice on a VistaPrint business card (or of course a DYI one, but I'm not good at those).

or better yet.. maybe a label on the back of YOUR own business cards? :)

Tell them that they can get great discounts for gifts as a consultant.
Bobby

1. What are the key benefits of working with other businesses as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Working with other businesses allows Pampered Chef consultants to tap into new customer bases and potentially increase sales. It also provides the opportunity for networking and building relationships with other professionals. Collaborating with businesses can also lead to potential partnerships and collaborations in the future.

2. How can I approach other businesses to collaborate with as a Pampered Chef consultant?

One approach is to start by reaching out to businesses that align with Pampered Chef's values and target audience. Introduce yourself and your business, and explain how a collaboration could benefit both parties. Be prepared to offer a unique and mutually beneficial partnership proposal.

3. What types of businesses should I consider working with as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It's important to consider businesses that have a similar target audience or can provide complementary products or services to Pampered Chef's offerings. For example, a health and wellness business or a local cooking school could be great partners for Pampered Chef.

4. How should I negotiate a partnership with another business as a Pampered Chef consultant?

When negotiating a partnership, it's important to have a clear understanding of your goals and what you can offer to the other business. Be open to compromise and finding a mutually beneficial arrangement. It's also important to have a written agreement outlining the terms of the partnership to avoid any misunderstandings.

5. Can I collaborate with businesses outside of my local area as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can collaborate with businesses outside of your local area as a Pampered Chef consultant. In fact, partnering with businesses in different regions can help you expand your customer base and reach new markets. Virtual collaborations, such as hosting online events or sharing content on social media, can also be effective ways to work with businesses outside of your local area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• C. Schapker
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • pampered.chris