1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Words of Wisdom

1. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Anita Renfroe said:
    I believe that great-looking/bad-feeling shoes are responsible for much of the crabbiness rampant in the female population. Maybe we shouldn't assume a female friend is crabby for no apparent reason. It could be that she is wearing the wrong size shoe--or bra.
    The woman is a genius.

Mar 29, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

LOVE THIS!!!! Or, it could be because she's wearing panty-hose. Evil, evil invention.

Mar 29, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Can we say, I love underwire - I HATE underwire!

4. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

When I finally got the right size bra, I actually like it now.

Mar 29, 2009
  5. sklay723

sklay723 Advanced Member Gold Member

I think the greatest invention of the past few years would be the Hanes underwear that doesn't ride up. Good stuff. Ride up is yet another thing to add to the list of problems women have that can cause severe crankiness! Because let's face it ladies, wedgies are NOT our friends. :)

Mar 29, 2009
  6. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I had the worst expirence with shoes once. You can actually see the pain in my eyes in the pictures, I can tell when I'm wearing the shoes and when I finally ditched them. At my wedding, my photographer actually got a picture of my bare foot walking down the isle coming off the alter. I had forgotten to buy shoes for my dress...dumb move. It was an October wedding and it was about 2 weeks before the wedding when I had realized it. I went shopping, but being the time of year, I couldn't find many pairs. The ones I finally found that fit were 4" heels. The day of the wedding, I hadn't practiced walking in them, and they kept slipping off my feet. My sister and friend got the bright idea to wrap some packing tape around my foot (the shoes were clear like cinderella's slipper). That was a great idea until we were outside taking pictures before the ceremony and my toes started to ache and go numb. They had wrapped the tape too tight. I finally broke down crying, and they had to get a knife to remove the tape. Then we had to redo my make-up. It was a mess. I shoulda just known it was an omen and I shouldn't have walked down the isle.

That really was one of the worst days of my life. My dress got ripped at the reception, my "friends" stained my newer car with some crap they used to decorate it, then for my "honeymoon" we went to a loosemeat sandwich shop with his family, then bowling...

Is it bad that the day of court for the divorce was better then the wedding day? LOL Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Mar 29, 2009
  7. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Andrea - This is why I eloped!
    Actually everyone in my generation/family who did the BIG wedding got divorced and all of us who eloped are still going strong. LOL

8. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

LOL That really sounds like the way to go! My new dream wedding is a small informal get together of some family and friends for a small ceremony then a hog roast with a potluck so I can eat the families great cooking LOL!!!

Mar 29, 2009
  9. raebates

That's funny, Crystal. I've been married twice. Once in a big wedding. That one ended in divorce.* Once in a very small ceremony--just the two of us in a chapel in Vegas. We've been very happily married 24 years as of Monday. I'm not sure that the type of wedding has anything to do with longevity, though.

*Of course, it isn't a good sign when you're praying, "God, let me know if this isn't right" on the way to the ceremony.

Mar 29, 2009
  10. raebates

Yes, pantyhose were created by someone who hates women. I no longer wear skirts or dresses. My legs don't look good without hosiery, and I refuse to wear any.

A well-fitted bra is the best thing a woman can do for herself. It feels good and helps you to look better.

Bunching undies will ruin your day.

Mar 29, 2009
Have something to add?