• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't My Subscribers Open My Email Attachments?

).Your newsletter will now be composed in Word, and will be merged with the recipients' email addresses. If there are any errors, they will appear in the email as red flag icons. You can then fix them, and finally, click "Send".If everything goes well, your recipients will receive an email with your newsletter attached, looking exactly as you intended.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay, first let me say that I'm a computer retard. Self taught by playing, no schooling for comps. When I went to business school they taught us business machines (adding machines and calculators), keyboarding and the computer class had things like how many bits in a byte? LMAO

So my question is because I'm clueless how to bring my newsletter over and put it INto the body of my email and still look pretty I always just include it as an attachment. Same thing every month. Also do this when I include an extra attachment occasionally for my mystery host or the going, going gone twice a year. This time around I just sent them out Tuesday night and today get two ladies, both who do DS as well and seem to be computer savvy unlike myself, email me to tell me they couldn't open my newsletter or going, going, gone. Anyone know why? It was just word docs saved to my computer like always and then attached to my email. I BCC'd them 10 at a time and it took forever (284 on my list) and now I've had two say they couldn't open them.

These are both new additions to my newsletter but still I'm concerned that maybe there are others that can't open them either and just don't bother telling me. I do know plenty do open them because I get orders, shows and today it was forwarded and I got an $80 order but this is really frustrating to me.

I just opened the docs, cut and pasted both, and sent them in the body of the reply email however they of course then looked like c&#p.

Can anyone help/explain? Purty please :)

Oh yes, and when I just sent a copy of the modified version to myself as well, I got the pictures of the going, going gone to appear but my 'copied image' in Adobe of the recipe (from CC) came up as a red x. If that happens in the second copy to them I'm sure I'll hear about that too :(

In my experience, you can't compose in Word with photos and paste that into Outlook... it loses the photos... I've always had to compose the text in Word, and then paste that into Outlook, and then go insert my photos. Or else the recipient gets red x's. I don't know why... I just know it doesn't work.

As far as the attachments not opening, I'm not sure... I think PDFs are a more universally recognizable format, and if you can convert to PDF (there are several free PDF generators you can download), then your recipient is likely to be able to see your doucment as intended.

I wish I could be of more help... good luck.

Someone just told me today that the title punctuation has a lot to do with it sometimes. I'm not sure if I was understanding her, but apparently the Going, going gone attachment I sent in word was hard for some to open because it had an exclaimation point at the end. I don't really know what I am talking about.

Another person couldn't open it because she has her stuff screened at a really high risk deal. I send mine 10 at a time too but apparantly for her settings that's not enough.

Hope you can get it figured out. I have the same problem. I am not computer educated at all.

Jodi,If you want to compose your newsletter in Word and then send it as your email, you need to use Mail Merge to do it. That will keep the photos intact. It also only works with Outlook (Windows) or Entourage (Mac). Here's how to do it.Pull your mailing list into Excel. Have one column for email addresses and another one for names. When I was doing my newsletter this way, I also had 2 "return" columns, in which I would mark the dates of any bounces for that person. 2 messages returned got you off the list.Now type up your newsletter. If you are using pictures, I highly recommend using a graphics program to resize them, rather than using the tools within Word. That will result in smaller file sizes, making for a smaller email message.When you have your newsletter set, go to Tools, then Mail Merge. Select form letter, and use the current document (your newsletter). When it prompts you for a data source, point it to your customer Excel spreadsheet.Click the "Merge to email" button on the merge toolbar (I can't give you specifics - I no longer have the Windows version of Word on my computer, and the Mac one is just a little different, so I'm putting this together from memory). The merge wizard will ask you for the column that the email addresses are in, and will allow you to type in a subject, etc. When you actually click the button to do it, the program will create 1 email for each person on your list and put them into your email program's outbox. The body of each email will be the newsletter you typed up.Go into your mail program and send them. I found that I could only send 10 at a time, or else my email provider kicked them back to me as spam. But it only took about a minute for each group of 10.Hope this helps! I know there are other people around here who send their newsletters this way and can clarify anything I may have missed.

1. How do I attach a Word document to my newsletter?

To attach a Word document to your newsletter, click on the "Insert" tab in the toolbar and select "Object" from the "Text" section. Then, choose "Create from file" and browse for your Word document. Click "Insert" to add the document to your newsletter.

2. Why can't I open the attached Word document in my newsletter?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to open the attached Word document. First, make sure that you have the correct program installed on your computer to open Word documents. Additionally, check that the document was properly attached and that the file is not corrupted. If the issue persists, try saving the document as a different file type (such as a PDF) and attaching it again.

3. How can I make sure the attached Word document stays formatted correctly in my newsletter?

To ensure that the formatting of your Word document stays intact when attached to your newsletter, it is best to save the document as a PDF before attaching. This will preserve the formatting and prevent any potential issues with fonts or spacing when opening the document on a different computer.

4. Can I attach multiple Word documents to my newsletter?

Yes, you can attach multiple Word documents to your newsletter by repeating the same steps for each document. However, keep in mind that attaching too many documents may make your newsletter file size too large, which could cause issues with sending or opening the newsletter.

5. My attached Word document looks blurry in my newsletter. How can I fix this?

If the attached Word document appears blurry in your newsletter, it may be due to the image quality of the document. Try adjusting the image quality settings when saving the Word document or consider saving the document as a PDF before attaching to prevent any loss of image quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SpiritdancerIA