• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Wonton Skins? Where to Find Them?

In summary, wonton skins are thin sheets of dough used in traditional Chinese cuisine. They are not the same as egg roll wrappers and can be found in most grocery stores or purchased online. If unavailable, egg roll or dumpling wrappers can be used as substitutes. Wonton skins should be stored in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I noticed in the new SB the recipe for wontons calls for wonton skins? What are they? I've used wonton wrappers many times but have no idea what skins are. I'm thinking they're thinner.. Also, where would I find them? In the regular grocery store? If so, which section. I always find my egg roll wraps and wonton wraps in the produce section near the bean sprouts but have never seen or heard of wonton skins :confused:

I would say they are the wonton wrappers, but that is my opinion.

Same product, different name.

In the produce section of our store they have wonton wrappers in squares and in larger sheets for eggrolls. The smaller squares will be perfect for the recipes.

and if you want, you can use the eggroll wrappers and at a show use your pizza cutter to cut them into 1/4's.

Okay, thanks all. I just thought with them being called 'skins' and looking sort of thinner and transparent from the black and white pic posted here that it was a different, thinner product. Glad to hear it because I know what those are and where to find them :)

1. What are wonton skins?

Wonton skins are thin sheets of dough made from flour, water, and salt. They are used in traditional Chinese cuisine and are often filled with various ingredients to make wontons.

2. Are wonton skins the same as egg roll wrappers?

No, wonton skins and egg roll wrappers are not the same. Wonton skins are thinner and smaller in size compared to egg roll wrappers. Additionally, wonton skins are typically used for making wontons, while egg roll wrappers are used for making egg rolls.

3. Where can I find wonton skins?

Wonton skins can be found in most grocery stores in the refrigerated section near the tofu and fresh produce. They may also be found in the Asian food aisle. If you cannot find them in-store, they can also be purchased online.

4. What are some substitutes for wonton skins?

If you are unable to find wonton skins, you can use egg roll wrappers or dumpling wrappers as a substitute. You can also make your own wonton skins at home using flour, water, and salt.

5. How do I store wonton skins?

Wonton skins should be stored in the refrigerator in their original packaging. If the package has been opened, make sure to seal it tightly with plastic wrap or a zip-top bag. Wonton skins can also be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies